News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

APPLESEED PROMOTION OPPORTUNITY FOR EVERYONE TO WIN FURTHER PROGRAM SUPPORT

Started by Castle Mountain, May 04, 2011, 02:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

Here is an excellent opportunity for instructors to show support and encourage free promotion of Appleseed by a well known publisher.

PATRIOTS OF THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR
magazine produced by ERTEL PUBLISHING who's VP and Pres have offered to
do a free full page ad for Appleseed of our AR 15 girl flier and an article. Moreover, they are planning to link Appleseed to their web site as well.
I need to get a hold of Spitstickler to send them the digital assets for copy ready print and the Appleseed logo for them to host.
The CEO for the magazine  Benjamin Smith is eager to attend an Appleseed event and the Waterman 300-II Patriots Day Weekend.
They are scheduling for it right now. I do hope ya all take out a one year subscription for a great resource and Appleseed friend
who is so eager to promote what we do. It would be great if nationally we could get everyone on board. They produce a valuable resource
and we have opportunity to reach the youth of this nation as this magazine is purported to be highly coveted by school teachers and students alike.
Right now we have two subscriptions in response to this call for support of an Appleseed friend. Can we flex some muscle again here?

http://www.patriotsar.com/

Best regards,

CM

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Ratchett

Got mine at the convention when I talked with Benjamin on Friday. He is from Columbus, Ohio and we had all ready started the works for him to attend an Ohio seed.

So we have 3 at least, more needed can be as much a positive as Backwoods

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

NavNuke

CM, Your linky needs some work. I got there by cutting and pasting into my browser.

NN
"Be ever questioning. Ignorance is not bliss. It is oblivion. You don't go to heaven if you die dumb. Become better informed. It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself." -- Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Cooper

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Castle Mountain

Thanks for pointing this out to me nuke. Got it fixed.

regards,

CM

Quote from: NavNuke on May 04, 2011, 09:24:14 AM
CM, Your linky needs some work. I got there by cutting and pasting into my browser.

NN
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Castle Mountain

This is great news Nurse Ratchett. Would you mind taking this project and driving it across the nation.
If you could flog the Appleseed membership till the subscription volume improves it will bode well for the program.
It would be wonderful if everyone across the nation would get on board with this and subscribe. This helps
the RWVA tremendously. I mean FREE ADVERTISING? Are you kidding? Nope, therefore we need to pay honor
to whom honor is due. This will also help promote more shooters to come to our program.
I noticed that during the BWH drive  there were few California subscribers as compared to the rest
of the country. Interesting. I am hopeful instructors will support this magazine since it will give the program
opportunity to reach more youth as well as educate ourselves. You did such a great job with the Ohio Deer & Turkey Classic
and at the NRA CONVENTION that I hope you will accept this challenge.   I am calling Captain Kirk this morning to arrange for transfer of the digital assets
to the publisher.      http://www.patriotsar.com/

Thanks for everything that you do. Patriot Gal and I really enjoyed your energy and robust enthusiasm.
And thanks to all of you who have since subscribed to the magazine. I told them to expect an increase in subscriptions
and I hope we flex some serious muscle here as we can gain some serious credibility nationally with this magazine.
The magazine publisher knows well how serious Appleseed is about Revolutionary War History and we embellished that
when we planted our large picture that Patriot Gal bought of the Battle on the North Bridge at Concord. Benjamin nearly
tipped off his bar stool. This magazine will be a serious friend for Appleseed and those writers we have in the program have
a great vehicle to express the Appleseed message. Perhaps we can get them to do a reprint of Massad Ayoob's article that he
published in the BWH magazine last April. Hmmmmm.

Warmest regards,

Castle Mountain

Quote from: Ratchett on May 04, 2011, 03:15:43 AM
Got mine at the convention when I talked with Benjamin on Friday. He is from Columbus, Ohio and we had all ready started the works for him to attend an Ohio seed.

So we have 3 at least, more needed can be as much a positive as Backwoods

Two Wolves

Haa------more nutrition for the good wolf!  The wolf has been fed.

Thanks CM.  ~Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Castle Mountain

Texas to the the front lines, thanks Two Wolves. You are a good man.   O0 O0Get after Pop and the crew will ya?? **)

Best regards,

CM

Quote from: Two Wolves on May 04, 2011, 11:07:09 AM
Haa------more nutrition for the good wolf!  The wolf has been fed.

Thanks CM.  ~Two Wolves

oladcock

Ordered! Thanks CM for turning us on to this. Might I suggest putting "Appleseed" in the "company" block when ordering so they can see where it's coming from?...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Castle Mountain

Absolutely!! Good suggestion for sure. I just got off the phone with Back Woods Home Magazine. They
were thrilled with the boxed set of Appleseed coffee mugs, challenge coin six posters and box of fliers and  trifolds I sent them.
They love the coffee mugs, all five of them. Also sent them laminated copies of the Waterman 300 Shoot which they gave
the art work to us to use. They also forwarded a copy to the artist himself for his portfolio and Appleseed is greatly appreciated
by them. Dave Duffy has been Appleseeding all over Gold Beach with trifolds and posters. WE need to get a shoot going there
for them as promised. Also have them linked now with Patriots of the American Revolutionary War. Both magazines I suspect
will be promoting each other. We need to keep this drive alive and get everyone to subscribe to the magazine.

Thanks Oladcock, your support in this is appreciated. WE need to be sure and mention PROJECT APPLESEED with each subsription.

Best regards,

CM

P/S the image of last years Waterman Poster is below in case you did not see it.

Quote from: oladcock on May 04, 2011, 03:56:08 PM
Ordered! Thanks CM for turning us on to this. Might I suggest putting "Appleseed" in the "company" block when ordering so they can see where it's coming from?...O.L.