News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Yakima Gunshow

Started by 06en, May 15, 2011, 07:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

06en

I thought the best place for any of the gunshows AARs that we do here for WA State should be posted in our own boards. No need to start a brand new thread about any gunshow location that already has its own thread. If that means bringing an old thread back after 6 months, so be it. No need to 'sticky' this thread, it can be found with just a little looking. After all we only have 2 pages in the WA State board right now. Soooo...

May 14&15, 2011. The First Washington State gunshow promotions for Appleseed (as far as I know) has been completed. Set up started Friday afternoon. finished setting up Banner, fliers and displays Saturday morning.

Only Hits Count was able to work till 2PM on Saturday, and she and Hayden came and helped on Sunday. We were able to speak with several people about the Project. Around a 1/2 dozen had heard about AS and were happy to hear that we were coming to the area to stay. Another 1/2 dozen or so said there were looking for this type of rifle marksmanship clinic, and thought the addition of History/ Heritage was a great added touch. All in all, a very productive weekend and a good time was had by all.

Again, Special Thanks to Only Hits Count and Hayden for helping out this weekend. (PS if and when you get the chance OHC, go ahead and post a pic. I was bad and didn't take any)

Evenstar

Thanks for working the gunshow guys! O0 Sounds like you guys did an excellent job. :)

Quote(PS if and when you get the chance OHC, go ahead and post a pic. I was bad and didn't take any)

:o Brian! ~~:)

;D ;)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Wheeler44

One technique that I used when I was hittin' the gunshows was this...Look for a gal that is walkin' around lookin' a little bored.. When she walks by ask " would you interested in attending a free rifle shooting clinic?"  I know that I had some good results since the shooters came to me at the shoot. It also worked on youngsters. Almost always the whole group would end up at the table and I'd hand out a few targets and such...But this was when free was free, you'd have to modify the sales pitch a little...

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

OnlyHitsCount

It was great to get together and talk a little Appleseed between events!   ;D   06en and I were able to engage many show-goers with the nutshell version of the Appleseed mission.  As with so many of us, attendees were excited at the thought of having our heritage/history taught, as well as the rifleman skills.   O0 O0   But, imho, the most encouraging contacts of the weekend came from those involved at the TriCity ranges.  How great would that be to have a designated Appleseed range in Central WA?!   ^:)^

W44, that is a great approach!  We will have to keep this in mind since I know 06en has more of the events planned for us!   :o

I apologize that this is the only photo I snapped, and it was just with my cell phone.  I think it's time to invest in a real camera!   :-[
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)