News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Policy Announcement regarding external material and posting on forum.

Started by Bill 3, May 13, 2011, 11:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill 3

To All,

While reproduction of material with documented permission is acceptable, we need to be careful with using, posting and referencing external material on our website and forum.  Consider the following general rule policy to address the potential for reproducing copyrighted material that we may be held liable for.  All of us need to be careful here.  The potential exists for something small to not only become very expensive but to bring us to a screeching halt.

The copy and pasting of external material produced by others without their express permission is not acceptable and may be illegal in some cases. 

To reference external material, you may do the following and nothing more:

1)Link to the material.
2)Give the title, if any, and the author, if known.
3)In your own words, summarize or paraphrase the content.

Any direct copy will be moderated and persons in violation of this policy will face potential discipline or removal from the forum.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Transform

This remains Appleseed policy. Please remember to use links, rather than cut-and-paste.