News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

May Buckingham KD

Started by Patent guy, April 18, 2011, 05:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patent guy

Hi folks,
When can we do this again?
Also, what was the Course of Fire for the KD qualification segment?
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

The Wolfhound

I am up for it!  I have unfinished business on the 400 yard range.

BeSwift

Quote from: The Wolfhound on April 22, 2011, 05:46:39 PM

Ditto...    BeSwift

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

jmdavis

Quote from: Patent guy on April 18, 2011, 05:59:41 PM
Hi folks,
When can we do this again?
Also, what was the Course of Fire for the KD qualification segment?

I could be up for one in late May.

The KD COF is:

10 rounds standing 100 yards 2 minutes
10 rounds transition from standing to sitting  200 yards 55 seconds
10 rounds transition from standing to prone 300 yards 65 seconds
10 rounds prone 400 yards 5  minutes
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

jmdavis

Before we shoot, you need to have your rifle zeroed for the Ammo that you plan to shoot. Do you guys remember how I define 25m zero for KD purposes? We will do the next one as a one day event. That means review of windage, comeups, maybe some offhand technique and then we SHOOT. Email me at jmdavis45@gmail.com and I will forward some preshoot materials.

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

Old Dog

Gosh that sounds like a whole day of fun.  Only about 4 to 5 weeks away, what's the date?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

jmdavis

The Date is still up in the air Old Dog. I have plans on May 7th. So I'm thinking maybe the 21st or 28th, whatever we can get people up for.

BD

I am , of course, up for it.
The 28th is best.
Up the Republic

sashok.privetov

Quote from: jmdavis on April 22, 2011, 06:12:12 PM

I could be up for one in late May.

The KD COF is:

10 rounds standing 100 yards 2 minutes
10 rounds transition from standing to sitting  200 yards 55 seconds
10 rounds transition from standing to prone 300 yards 65 seconds
10 rounds prone 400 yards 5  minutes

Must you really pick an event for when I will be celebrating my birthday in Los Angeles!?
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

Old Dog

Birthday in May??  Small world sometimes.

Mine is May 24th.  One brother has his birthday on May 29th.  My other brother's birthday was May 3rd.  My dad's birthday is May 13th.  May is a good month.

Be careful on your trip out there.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Patent guy

May 28th works for me.  O0
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

sashok.privetov

Alright,
Can we make this a bi-monthly event? Quarterly?  I am... unhappy that I will be missing this one. Unless it can be postponed a week...   O0
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

jmdavis

Alex,

There will be more. I can guarantee it.

Mike

Tidewater_Shooter

Quote from: The Wolfhound on April 22, 2011, 05:46:39 PM

Double ditto, i shot my first an across the cross HP match at ustc recently and had reasonable success at the 600 yard line and i would like another crack at a KD event.

Alex, birthdays are better with live ammo.

sashok.privetov

Quote from: Tidewater_Shooter on May 04, 2011, 11:43:34 PM
Alex, birthdays are better with live ammo.
Oh, I'm taking my father and his Chilean Mauser (that was his b-day gift) for a spin.

sashok.privetov

Quote from: jmdavis on May 04, 2011, 09:58:22 PM
Alex,

Mike
I don't doubt it, I just want it in a couple of months, not half a year. next month would work too. :cool2:

jmdavis

Quote from: sashok.privetov on May 04, 2011, 11:57:03 PM
Quote from: jmdavis on May 04, 2011, 09:58:22 PM
Alex,

Mike
I don't doubt it, I just want it in a couple of months, not half a year. next month would work too. :cool2:

OK, Let's come up with a date. We have an AS at Cavalier on June 11-12. We have one at Buckingham in July. We should look at July  dates in my opinion.

Mike

sashok.privetov

The Wolfhound

Are we any closer to a firm date?  Either of the May dates would work for me.  June 4 is spoken for and June 11 is the Montpelior Appleseed.  I think Dangerous Cook will be in too if we can find a rifle for her.  We currently only have one that is realistic at 400M though I do have designs on trying to shoot a KD with the .22Magnum sooner or later.

jmdavis

OK, How about May 21. This will be a one day shoot. We will do a quick review, zero at 25m, and then do the shoot zeroes and then score for the AQT. We should be able to do at least 2 AQT's and I'm hoping for more.

There is an M1/Springfield Match at Quantico on the 28th is anyone interested in going?

Mike

sgtmace

My controller has cleared me for the 21st. ;)
sgtmace--aka sgtmud if she reads this
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were our countrymen.
Sam Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry

jmdavis

Tidewater_Shooter

The Wolfhound

I thought I was already in but let me make it official.  Anyone got a spare rifle capable of a KD?  Dangerous Cook will likely want in if one is available in .223.  I am not quite ready to try it with my .22Magnum so I will be using our AR.

jmdavis

Does she want scope or open sights? I can offer either.

Mike

BD

I will not be able to attend.

And then, depression set in........
Up the Republic

jmdavis

Quote from: BD on May 13, 2011, 10:59:45 AM
I will not be able to attend.

And then, depression set in........

Poetry! I love poetry. And Picasso for that matter. Sorry this one doesn't work for you BD. I picked the 21st because I am out of town on the 28th.

The Wolfhound

Now for the impossible request: Something not an AR but in .223 since that is the ammo I have in quantity.  I think scope would be more familiar.  She really does not like the AR platform.

jmdavis

Adjustable stock on both of those AR's??? hmmmm!

My only other .223 is a Mini14 that shoots minute of notebook paper.

The Wolfhound

Not the stock length but the pistol grip.  A mini-14 that could stay on the side of a barn would be a great choice, if it existed.  We have been exploring those few alternatives that we can find.  I have an order on a Vepr Pioneeer if I can get it past the import restrictions.  At the moment it does not look likely and certainly won't be in for several months, if ever.