News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ANY GUNSMITHS IN SOCAL THAT WILL WORK ON AN SKS?

Started by Abu Josh, May 01, 2011, 12:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abu Josh

Does anyone know of a smith in SoCal that will work on an SKS?  I know that the rifle isn't an M1A or Garand, but I'm still hoping to get a smoother trigger pull out of mine.  Thanks!
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats
in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
-Samuel Adams

Rifleman:  30 Oct 2011, Dulzura, CA

Francis Marion

Johnnyappleseed

Some time back a guy from Texas was running ad's in Shotgun News for a good SKS trigger.

You would mail the entire trigger group and for $25 he claimed a "Match Grade  trigger pull.

If you have some back issues of Shotgun News , it may be worth a look .

The current issue did not have the ad running .

Good luck!
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

K98Al

The guy in Texas (Baja Oklahoma) goes by the handle "Kivaari", and does a great job on the trigger group. I sent him mine, and for about 50 bucks had it back in about a week. He knows his stuff, there's been several articles in gun mags about him.
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.