News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

They're called "Peep" sights, aren't they?

Started by Cooper, April 25, 2011, 10:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

An Easter tradition at Chicken Ridge Orchard is the "Peep Sight Revenge."

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

AFTERMATH

I wouldn't recommend their consumption, post perforation....  Looks like fun, though! :---
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

wcmartin1

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Puma Mami

So fun!!!  ..:..  Sheridan said, "Can we do that!?" But of course, we don't even have a range membership. So sadly, no.

This is even better than that contest the Pioneer Press had  ;)  Although.... maybe next year my family can build an Appleseed event with Peeps and enter that to build awareness. or we could do April 19, 1775 Peeps! O0

They did have some fun ones in the contest:
http://twincities.upickem.net/engine/ApprovedSubmissions.aspx?PageType=APPROVED&contestid=27999
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

Blue Five

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Garand69

Great idea, will have to try that next year! We were limited to BB Guns this Easter so we used the plastic eggs for targets. They are nicely reactive!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

sparks1

Just when I thought you had a chance of NORMAL  :D ...you post this. Harumph!! Po' widdle chicks.

Funny one Cooper. Took the AQT slayer to my in laws for Easter. Thought maybe some striped gophers would show their heads. Ended up having Zachery (nephew) shoot pop cans off the woodpile. He hasn't shot in a year...but still quotes verbatim the 4 safety rules and safe rifle mantra. Also remembered SHF for standing and made those pop cans jump.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on April 26, 2011, 06:19:30 PM
Ended up having Zachery (nephew) shoot pop cans off the woodpile. He hasn't shot in a year...but still quotes verbatim the 4 safety rules and safe rifle mantra. Also remembered SHF for standing and made those pop cans jump.
That's great that he remembered after a year! I'm glad you're able to bring him out shooting. It's always more fun when you can shoot stuff that moves when you hit it, too  ;)
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

sparks1

Yeah....jumping reactive targets are fun. Got to say I was impressed....no dry firing practice,yet he did well. Even rememberef to take breaks during the firing to help steady in standing. ADHD kid, so his concentration was supetb.
He'll be at Hinckley with his Dad and a new shooter in May.

(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on April 27, 2011, 08:36:46 AM
...Got to say I was impressed....no dry firing practice,yet he did well. Even remembered to take breaks during the firing to help steady in standing. ADHD kid, so his concentration was superb.

He'll be at Hinckley with his Dad and a new shooter in May.
Maybe he will make rifleman! I'm glad we also have a new shooter going to Hinckley.  O0

ADHD is in my family, too. I've done some research on it, and it actually brings some strengths to people. One strength is the ability to "hyperfocus." That's why there is no ADHD with a good video game, or something they are very interested in. ;)  Scientists have actually found that ADHD traits are "positively selected" over time, so that means there are benefits for success and survival in life.

I've read some of Thom Hartmann's books, and he describes it as the "hunter" genetic (ADHD) vs. the "farmer" genetic ("normal"). Our society is geared to farmers, of course, and the schools are geared to girls, not boys. So lots of difficulty there for rambunctious boys. :D Their learning style is just different from girls.  Here is a page that describes Thom Hartmann's theory. http://www.thomhartmann.com/articles/2007/11/thom-hartmanns-hunter-and-farmer-approach-addadhd

I'm pretty sure that my very successful ancestors who came over on the Mayflower, pioneered in the colonies, fought in the American Revolution, etc. had these "hunter" genetic traits (and passed them down to us). In that kind of environment they are helpful! But in modern society it's very different.

sparks1

Zach got the north bridge dowsing at Elk River las year. 210 aqt.
Now he has his own .22 AQT slayer. Custom 10/22...lets see  how he does.

(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on April 27, 2011, 04:14:14 PM
Wow! He did it on his first try...he sure beat me...but he has a great coach, too. ;)

sparks1

Quote from: Puma Mami on April 27, 2011, 04:23:05 PM
Quote from: sparks1 on April 27, 2011, 04:14:14 PM
Wow! He did it on his first try...he sure beat me...but he has a great coach, too. ;)

Actually, it was his 2nd try. First time out of the gate he was cross shooting targets...(which helped my score :) )LOL

Twas the 2nd time out when he did the deed. Coaching??? All AS instructors doing what we do. All I did was prep mags and keep him focused. And lots of encouragement of course. Good kid, and very interested in firearms. Kind of thinks he is an expert. Be forewarned.

(John Maxwell)