News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Style IIT Boonie Hat

Started by wcmartin1, April 24, 2011, 06:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcmartin1

So I was smokin' a brisket today and had this old Bangora...

Git-R-Done!  :---
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Gunslinger

That thing is slick! Definitely Texas style.  :cool2:

Jerry Hall

Howdy wc,

Jest wunderin why I can't see any splash's on yer plates?
Mine look like a collage of lead splat's.

Jerry

PS Brisket sounds gooood!!!! Oh, nice hat!
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

wcmartin1

Quote from: Jerry Hall on April 27, 2011, 11:05:58 PM
Howdy wc,

Jest wunderin why I can't see any splash's on yer plates?
Mine look like a collage of lead splat's.

Jerry

PS Brisket sounds gooood!!!! Oh, nice hat!

Was gonna break 'em in at the last AS we had here in February, but the wind shut us down - they're still virgins.

Plan on fixin' that this weekend.  Why don't ya come show us how, pard?

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19666.0

I'll even let you touch my hat.  :cool2:
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

azmule

I've been trying to find one locally in red, must not be a popular color for some reason.   ;D
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

wcmartin1

Quote from: azmule on April 28, 2011, 06:22:59 PM
I've been trying to find one locally in red, must not be a popular color for some reason.   ;D

Betcha could find one in Oklahoma.

If not - KRYLON works.

crak

In a walmart in phoenix they had a red one in the toy section with the cap guns.  I was || this close to getting it for Opie but I hadn't met him yet and didn't know how he'd take it.  If it fit my head I would've worn it myself.

I also saw a full size one in the window of a hat shop in an abandoned ghost town tourist trap on the way back from that scenic drive about an hour east of Phoenix but it was closed.
Check your drama at the door.

JustJeff

Quote from: crak on April 29, 2011, 01:29:49 AM

In a walmart in phoenix they had a red one in the toy section with the cap guns.  I was || this close to getting it for Opie but I hadn't met him yet and didn't know how he'd take it.  If it fit my head I would've worn it myself.

I also saw a full size one in the window of a hat shop in an abandoned ghost town tourist trap on the way back from that scenic drive about an hour east of Phoenix but it was closed.
You should have done it.... John might even have worn it if he stopped laughing long enough.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Dinky Dao

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

scuzzy

Hey Bill,

Nice Hat!

We were joking around back at the April 19 shoot about how Texas needs orange and red cowboy hats. There ya go.

Hope y'all have a good shoot this weekend. I'm just too tied up to make it out this time. Me and Chuck are talking about heading out to Midland this summer just to do some shooting. If we can make it out I hope we can all meet up and pop a few rounds.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Devnull

You and me both! I need a green one as I got so badly sunburned two weekends ago I'm STILL peeling!!!  :wb:

Besides us in the southwest gotta show our cowboy side!  O0
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

Jerry Hall

This is what it looks like. AR-500 Steeel and an LR-308!!! :--- :--- :---

I too need one of them Appropriately brimmed hat's!!!
Pertection from the desert sun!
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

JustJeff

Quote from: Jerry Hall on April 29, 2011, 05:46:39 PM
This is what it looks like. AR-500 Steeel and an LR-308!!! :--- :--- :---

I too need one of them Appropriately brimmed hat's!!!
Pertection from the desert sun!

Jerry, as fair skinned as you are, you'd need that kind of protection from ANY region's sunshine........
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.