News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Terrell Appleseed April 16-17, 2011

Started by Gunslinger, April 17, 2011, 08:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunslinger

Wow, that was fun and very tiring. I have sore everything, and very sore elbows (which developed blisters and then popped on Sunday ). Thank you SheepDog for patching me up.

Day one. Everyone present and accounted for.

The girls and I after the safety briefing.

Three guys in our class made Rifleman Saturday.

The girls got patches for shooting Age 16 and under.

My Redcoat target on Sat. Not bad, but I missed the headshot.

My best AQT on Sat. , 182 so close yet so far.

Sunday morning, huh no girls today. They all tapped out this morning. Sore everything, and the bed was too snuggly.

My morning Redcoat shows promise. I cleaned his clock, even the headshot!

And then it happened. Rifleman, 218 on the AQT!

A tired and very happy Gunslinger!

Thank you to all of the Red and Orange hats: Starfox, dalesp, SheepDog, and Grumpy. It was a great learning experience. And the family and I will be back again soon. The girls all swear they will stick it out for day two next time, they are jealous of my patch lol.

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

starfox

(Thread may get moved to the AAR, but who knows....)

Even though I misjudged to whom the fine young ladies belonged, I must say I was hugely impressed with David's whole family!  His youngest(?) at 10 years old, showed a poise and mature around rifles which I have not seen in people twice or even 3 times as old. She handled her rifle with an expert touch and was serious and focused all of Saturday.

None can fault her, or the rest of the fine ladies of the family for succumbing to fatigue after the first day.  The absolved themselves with flying colors.  Everyone showed persistence and was overcoming.  I hope to see you all out at another Appleseed soon, or one of of our every increasingly frequent Ladyseeds.

As Shoot Boss, I will always relate the story of the ladies on our line and their positive spirit.  And for the youngest of the clan;  you are the standard bearer for all those your age.     HUZZAH!!

And congratulations David for making your Rifleman score.  Very well deserved!!!
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Texas Rifleman

...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

Gunslinger

Thanks guys! I was very pleased indeed to earn the patch. The girls are looking forward to earning theirs as well. Practice, practice, practice.