News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LibertySeeds [formerly "Library Appleseeds"] in Minnesota

Started by Puma Mami, April 22, 2011, 11:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puma Mami

I really like this idea and I'd like to get this going in Minnesota, too. It reaches a bunch more people with the message, and some probably will go on to attend an actual AS event, too.

I'm thinking that around the 4th of July is another opportunity, since people are thinking (hopefully!) of our country and our heritage around that time. [I might be traveling at that time, though, not sure of our schedule yet.]

Then maybe again in early to mid-October after promoting the idea to local homeschoolers for part of their history curriculum. I've recently joined the Minnesota Homeschoolers Alliance and they have their annual conference in September, which we could see about getting a table at. We could also consider advertising in their quarterly newsletter. The date for the annual conference isn't posted yet, but here's info from last year's: http://www.homeschoolers.org/annual_conference

I know in my son's 8th grade class last October they spent three weeks demonizing Columbus and then continued to portray the beginnings of our nation as a carnival of harmful evil and oppression  :wb: [he no longer attends that school!]. So around Columbus Day would be a good time to get the message out there that our American heritage is positive, and something to cherish and try to live up to, not something to be ashamed of!! American exceptionalism is real, and worth preserving!  O0
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

Blue Five

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Puma Mami

In the other thread [http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2077] Fred is suggesting to do these once a month, on a more-or-less regular schedule like "every third Thursday." That sounds like a good idea!

I'm going to need some folks to help me out, and I'm going to need some training in telling the strikes.

Looks like all the Twin Cities libraries allow reservations about 2-3 months ahead, and it's free. Publicity could be harder in the cities. There are so many things going on and lots of information overload. I think in small towns it would be easier to get attention for a library event like this.

I'm also interested in getting Appleseed onto community access TV. I need to take the series of community ed classes in my area here to be able to use the equipment and studio for free. Since that will take me until sometime in August, the TV project would probably start late August to September or so, if anyone would like to join me in that. I think whatever we produce could also be shared nationally, too, and hopefully we will also get some video from national. Most local groups could add some of their own footage at the beginning and end to make these pieces"local." Catching channel surfers' interest would be the goal.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Fred

Quote from: Puma Mami on April 23, 2011, 01:01:57 PM
Looks like all the Twin Cities libraries allow reservations about 2-3 months ahead, and it's free. Publicity could be harder in the cities.

In the works is a hopefully jazzy/snazzy color placard (with a blank spot for entering the date, time and location) advertising the event which at a minimum you should post in the library or other event location.

Heck, do we make this easy - or what? ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Puma Mami

Quote from: Fred on April 24, 2011, 11:08:13 AM
    In the works is a hopefully jazzy/snazzy color placard (with a blank spot for entering the date, time and location) advertising the event which at a minimum you should post in the library or other event location.

Heck, do we make this easy - or what? ;D

Excellent! That will be very helpful   :)