News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed on the Michael Berry Show

Started by CaptG, April 20, 2011, 10:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptG

I sent the email attached below to Michael Berry on the 19th. He's the number one Five PM talk show in Houston and also heard in three other cities (i'm not sure where). He's also on air from 2:00 to 5:00 PM on another station in Houston that I can't get out here. A friend called this AM & told me Michael read my email on the 2:00 PM show and gave out the website several times. The 5:00 PM show was online only due to the danged Astros game, so I didn't get to listen to it either. I'll get online & listen to the podcasts ASAP. I'm trying to get him to let me on air for a little while to talk up the program. Wish me luck.
Guy

Michael,
Please take a moment today to remember the 236th anniversary of April 19,1775, the day of the battles of Lexington and Concord. Most people, products of our educational system, are not aware that this is the day that the Revolutionary War began. The story of the battles that day can be told at another time. What is most important is what they represent.

Our forefathers, ordinary people, were finaly pushed too far by an oppressive government. They risked everything, their property, families and lives, so that their descendants could live in freedom. Unlike many today, they chose to take the hard course so that their children would not have to. The result, after eight long years of hardship and war, was the free Republic they left to us. The very least we owe them is to remember their sacrifices and try to live up to their example. In this, we have been failing miserably.

Thomas Paine wrote, in 1777, "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it".And, from John Adams, in a letter to his wife During the war, "Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it".  Are we making the use of it that the Founders hoped for?

The spirit of what those men and women did for us was never meant to fade and die. It is up to us to remember and honor their sacrifices.

Michael, I volunteer in my spare time for an organization called The Appleseed Project. Our misssion is to wake up Americans and remind them of the message of our Founders. I would love to talk to you anytime about this. You can check out Appleseed at http://www.appleseedinfo.org/.Or, feel free to call me.

Have a Happy and Blessed Patriots Day!

Guy Pulliam
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Aromatic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

spitstickler

It looks like he starts out with Guy's email on the 3:00 hour of 4/19

http://www.the950.com/mediaplayer/?station=KPRC-AM&action=ondemand&feed_name=MichaelBerry.xml&item=21041295

Great work, Guy! Good seventh steppin'  8)
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Aromatic

Read the website outloud three times!  Way to go.

SparkyWatson

I attended my first Appleseed this past weekend.  Michael Berry's show was on here in San Antonio while I was driving home from work on Tuesday I guess.  I heard the segment with Michael reading the letter.  Very nice!

Aromatic

TNVolunteer

Well done Capt G.

Dumb question time.  Would there be a benefit to personally inviting him out to one of the shoots in the Houston area?

TNV

CaptG

Absolutely,
I've tried getting through to him on the phone a few times. If that continues to fail I'll send another email. It wouldn't hurt to have a few of us trying.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

TNVolunteer

Well, count me in.  I'll write him an e-mail as well, call him, show up to an event of his if I can and press the flesh. 

I attended my 5th Appleseed shoot last weekend at College Station, the 4th at that location.  Living in central Houston, I am stunned given the population size here at that more people aren't drawn.  I am hoping that some of the events a bit closer at the new ranges you guys landed will draw some crowds.   Try as I may, I have absolutely failed at getting anybody to come with me.   I'm going to pick up another 10/22 and build it up for a loaner, maybe that will help. 

As for me, still haven't quite shot rifleman, 209, but I will.  Then I shall ask for one of those orange hats.....

TNV

CaptG

We'll be glad to have your help. It's tough here sometimes, no one wants to admit they can learn anything about shooting.
Guy
Winston Churchill