News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Muster Here!

Started by ben1775, April 14, 2011, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Quote from: ben1775 on April 14, 2011, 08:59:53 PM
So its just me? Looks like I'll have to talk to myself  #)

Well, if you had anyone to talk to...  People would start talking.  And saying things like:  'Well, you don't see that every day.'    **) **) **)

How's it going?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Longshot

" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

Celt

A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

hangfire

Hello all,
I'm jumping the border and going to be over in Eureka KS. this weekend

ben1775

Quote from: hangfire on April 14, 2011, 10:20:06 PM
Hello all,

Eureka is a nice range, spent several weekends over there. Is the Irishman SBing it?

Celt

Quote from: ben1775 on April 14, 2011, 10:16:25 PM
Quote from: CelticMind on April 14, 2011, 10:01:08 PM
Here.

Where are you from Celt? I do believe you and your sister are the only two MO instructors I've never met.

We're from down by Humansville. The shoot here in June that you where at was my first AS. I remember your History pretty well. You might remember me when we meet again.
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

Celt

Hello all,
Have fun and tell those folks I said hi.

ben1775

Quote from: CelticMind on April 14, 2011, 10:48:59 PM
Quote from: ben1775 on April 14, 2011, 10:16:25 PM
Quote from: CelticMind on April 14, 2011, 10:01:08 PM
Here.

Where are you from Celt? I do believe you and your sister are the only two MO instructors I've never met.

We're from down by Humansville. The shoot here in June that you where at was my first AS. I remember your History pretty well. You might remember me when we meet again.

Good deal. I'm sure we'll see each other soon enough. I'm gunna try to make it down to Washburn at least once this year, I assume that's the range closest to you now that Humansville is closed.

Greg in MO

Ah, but there is now word of a potential Springfield range which will be right up their alley... 

G

ben1775

Quote from: Greg in MO on April 14, 2011, 10:58:38 PM
Ah, but there is now word of a potential Springfield range which will be right up their alley... 

G

Nice of you to finally join us  ^-^

Springfield aye? Sounds good to me.

Celt

Yeah sounds great to me! ;D

hangfire

Just got the power back on, big storm going through.

Yes, The ][rishman is SB.

hangfire

Quote from: CelticMind on April 14, 2011, 10:51:57 PM
Hello all,
Have fun and tell those folks I said hi.

CelticMind I will sure tell them hi from you.

ben1775

Quote from: hangfire on April 14, 2011, 11:15:14 PM

Tell Paul hey for me. He shot RM and took his Orange hat at that range way back in '09.

Jungle George

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

hangfire

CelticMind,
I had a phone call earlier this evening from the Pittsburg group and the word is the gun club has approved a AS to be scheduled July 16 & 17, If this gets posted up I hope to see you there. 

hangfire

Quote from: ben1775 on April 14, 2011, 11:19:57 PM
Quote from: hangfire on April 14, 2011, 11:15:14 PM

Tell Paul hey for me. He shot RM and took his Orange hat at that range way back in '09.

I sure will.

Jungle George

You to Ben I just got done mowing the swamp.  I see they took the rain out for the weekend, Yea!! hope they are right.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

ben1775

Quote from: Jungle George on April 14, 2011, 11:28:48 PM
You to Ben I just got done mowing the swamp.  I see they took the rain out for the weekend, Yea!! hope they are right.

Nobody likes rain. I'll be in Iowa so I wont be able to enjoy the rain free weather with you guys  :(

Alex

Ben at least you still be far enough south to avoid the snow. Hopefully
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

hangfire

God Bless all.

Hope everyone has a great patriots weekend.

I'm out of here before the power goes out again.

Stay Safe,
hangfire

shootermedic816

Checkin in! 
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Appleseeds Attended:
Bates City, MO April 2-3, 2011