News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Muster Here!

Started by ben1775, April 14, 2011, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben1775

Quote from: Alex on April 14, 2011, 11:37:01 PM
Ben at least you still be far enough south to avoid the snow. Hopefully

I certainly hope so. I don't mind snow, just not in April.

Have you run a shoot in Shenandoah? Hows the range?

Alex

The range is in a pasture. From what I have heard they did some earth work last fall and put up a decent berm. 25 meters only for now. It works and is improving all the time.
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

shootermedic816

Lets have positive thoughts gentlemen!  Positive thoughts of 70 degree weather and nothing but sunshine!  I have already summerized (rather than winterized) my snow blower for the year and I am definitely not ready to get it back out!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Appleseeds Attended:
Bates City, MO April 2-3, 2011

ben1775

Quote from: shootermedic816 on April 14, 2011, 11:52:10 PM
Lets have positive thoughts gentlemen!  Positive thoughts of 70 degree weather and nothing but sunshine!  I have already summerized (rather than winterized) my snow blower for the year and I am definitely not ready to get it back out!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816

No worries, the heavens always shine upon AS.

shootermedic816

Amen!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Appleseeds Attended:

Brumley Dog

shootermedic816

Evening Brumley!!!  You all getting any of this rain that we are getting here in KC yet?
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Appleseeds Attended:

Brumley Dog

Not yet, but I wish it would get here. I have 1,200 onions in the ground that could use a drink.

Brumley Dog

I'm doing good, Ben. I lost my election, so it's time to get the rifle out :)

HectorFuego

If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.

shootermedic816

Hey Hector how have you been?  I was at the Bates City shoot the first of the month and you spent a lot of time working with me and my buddy since we were at the very end of the line with the bolt guns.  Thanks for your expertise and insight that weekend!  I definitely learned a lot from you!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Appleseeds Attended:

HectorFuego

Quote from: shootermedic816 on April 15, 2011, 12:54:49 AM
Hey Hector how have you been?  I was at the Bates City shoot the first of the month and you spent a lot of time working with me and my buddy since we were at the very end of the line with the bolt guns.  Thanks for your expertise and insight that weekend!  I definitely learned a lot from you!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Glad I was able to help.  You guys had a pretty good handle on it, but some of the folks down the line needed a little more help, so I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked to with you.  You were doing a good job with maintaining your sight picture while running the bolt, and you trigger control was much better by the end of the shoot.  Keep pushing that support elbow under the rifle, until it only hurts a little bit, and you both will take home a patch next time. 

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Brumley Dog on April 15, 2011, 12:29:37 AM
Not yet, but I wish it would get here. I have 1,200 onions in the ground that could use a drink.

Twelve thousand onions?!?!?!?!?! 
Guess you're gonna have to keep Altoids' stock prices up - or have the worst breath ever!   **)

Hey Jesse.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]