News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cabelas Again

Started by sparks1, April 05, 2011, 06:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

Hello...just wanted to put you on notice that Cabelas will have an event May 8th called shooting extravaganza. We have been told we are welcome back anytime, so I think a table is in order again.

Ms Minnesota will be there giving a seminar on "Women in the Outdoors" ...which will be a good thing to coincide with us.

Just wanted to give this notice and see who is interested in doing the promo. Not sure I will...Winona is going on and I may want to instruct. Depends on where I am needed.

Have Red Hat...will travel.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on April 05, 2011, 06:39:03 PM
Hello...just wanted to put you on notice that Cabelas will have an event May 8th called shooting extravaganza. We have been told we are welcome back anytime, so I think a table is in order again.

Ms Minnesota will be there giving a seminar on "Women in the Outdoors" ...which will be a good thing to coincide with us.

Just wanted to give this notice and see who is interested in doing the promo. Not sure I will...Winona is going on and I may want to instruct. Depends on where I am needed.

Uh oh. Doug is at Winona doing his first Appleseed that weekend. So I won't have a baby sitter to take our little guy.

I might be able to get his God-mother to take him for half the day, and she's near Cabela's. I'll ask her about it.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

I should think a means to attend both may be possible.  If it's just on the 8th; well that leaves all of Sunday. ;) 
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Puma Mami

Quote from: Puma Mami on April 05, 2011, 09:55:01 PM

Uh oh. Doug is at Winona doing his first Appleseed that weekend. So I won't have a baby sitter to take our little guy.

I might be able to get his God-mother to take him for half the day, and she's near Cabela's. I'll ask her about it.

Sunday, May 8th is Mother's Day. So I won't be able to make it for this one. Doug is at Winona, and I promised to take "Puma Paul" to the Llama Magic festival in Lake Elmo.

We will try to talk to some of the 4H people about Appleseed while we are there, though. :)  4H kids with their llamas do an obstacle course competition, plus a Shepherd's Harvest wool festival is on the same Washington County Fairgrounds location. Usually there are some horse people there, too.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

Ron, how's this coming?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Puma Mami

Here is the description of this event. Are there any other women around who could work at a table at this one? It's sad to have to pass up this opportunity to show that women do AS!

Cabela's in Rogers, MN
Shooting Extravaganza and Women in the Outdoors    
May 7 & 8, Saturday & Sunday during store hours

Be with us for our big shooting weekend combined with featuring Women in the Outdoors of Minnesota. Joining Cabela's will be The Women Anglers of Minnesota, Fly Fishing Women of Minnesota and Deb Luzinski; woman archer and holder of the largest non- typical whitetail taken in the U.S by a woman with a bow. Deb will have the actual deer on display as well. Also joining us will be Miss Minnesota U.S. International, Kara Wattunen. Kara won the title with the platform of "Women in the Outdoors" and is happy to talk to everyone about the important role of women and the opportunities available here in Minnesota. We will also be offering a special Women's NRA Pistol Training class presented by our Conceal and Carry trainers at permittocarry.org. Women can save $25 dollars by taking this class on May 8th. Go to permittocarry.org for more details.
The permit to carry course is 10am on Saturday, May 7th. There is also a reloading information session at 11am on both Saturday and Sunday.

BrassBucket

I would be available for a few hours later on Saturday and maybe part of the day on Sunday. Obviously I would need other people/women to pull it off. So consider me in if other people can also help.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

sparks1

Quote from: AFTERMATH on April 21, 2011, 09:11:19 PM
Ron, how's this coming?

Steve Lonn (Cabelas event coordinator) told me last time we were there that AS is welcome anytime. I will email him about this event and verify we are GTG. He is also out of the store 'till 5-2-2011, I will call him then.

Reminder...last time I had to borrow a table for the event, as Steve was out of them. Someone have one to use for this event? Also...I am doing the Winona shoot, so someone else will have to take lead on this. Whoever it is PM me and I will give contact info to you.

Remember ...vendors get a 10% to 20% discount on merchandise. I believe the highest amount goes for Cabelas brand.

(John Maxwell)

sparks1

Sparks1 checking in. Since there has been no response for this event...I will drop SBIT in Winona and do promotions. Winona has plenty staff anyway.

I need more trifolds though. Have around 30.

Want to promote AS...gonna set up Sat. around 9.30am,Sun at noon. See you there.

(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

I'll get you the supplies.

Minnesota- Who else can help out?

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on May 03, 2011, 01:36:29 PM
Since there has been no response for this event...I will drop SBIT in Winona and do promotions. Winona has plenty staff anyway.

Thanks for doing that. :) I'm sorry I can't help out on this one. Unfortunately only one of us can do something at a time, and Doug will be at Winona.

Let me know what other events/dates Cabela's has coming up this summer. I'll be traveling some, but hopefully there will be some dates where I am in town. We seemed to get a really good response from folks there last time.  O0

sparks1

We are GTG for all materials needed for Cabelas. Aftermath made a difference in the shortage dilema by meeting me in his busy day in a parking lot off a secluded back alley somewhere north of Mpls.   O0 O0 I cannot name the suburb....operational security ya know.
But the civilian populace is unaware of their impending draft into the Appleseed roster for Minnesota. Ooooh, how much fun they are going to have.

So...have fun this weekend. Be good to your Mom.  Mine reminded me last weekend that since she brought me into the world, she has the right to take me out. Moms...gotta love 'em. I wonder where I got my sense of humor?  **)

(John Maxwell)

sparks1

AAR: Cabelas Spring Shooting extravaganza was a bit slow this weekend, with Sat. being the busiest of the two days. Still...we had some interest, got some people signed up for the newsletter and handed out flyers. The Dakota County Gun club was there promoting their club and ladies only cowgirl action shooting. Both gentlemen expressed interest in having Appleseed at the range, so a meeting with the board is in the works. DCGC is actively involved in promoting youth and lady shooting.
We also have been given the green light to promote Appleseed at their family day in August. All we need is a table and an awning to set up, along with our flyers of course. More on that in the following months.
Most asked question at promotion was ...Do we have any metro shoots. Wish we were able to say yes...time will tell if our efforts along those lines do some good. So all in all it was good, albeit slow. But hey...it's an oppportunity to 7th step.

Brassbucket came over from a day with her family to help. Thanks for taking time to do that BB...you were alot of help. A natural at promotions I would say.

(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on May 08, 2011, 06:35:03 PM
...The Dakota County Gun club was there promoting their club and ladies only cowgirl action shooting. Both gentlemen expressed interest in having Appleseed at the range, so a meeting with the board is in the works. DCGC is actively involved in promoting youth and lady shooting.

We also have been given the green light to promote Appleseed at their family day in August. All we need is a table and an awning to set up, along with our flyers of course. More on that in the following months.

I'm so glad we are confirmed for the Family Fun Shoot at Dakota County Gun Club! ;D I have that date marked off on my calendar to be there for set-up, work all day, and take-down. O0 This will be a great event to get kids and whole families involved in Appleseed!

10th Anniversary Family Fun Shoot
Saturday August 27, 2010
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
http://www.dakotacountygunclub.org/Family_Fun_Shoot.html

A 6 foot by 30 inch folding table and a 10' x 10' canopy would do the trick for that one, I think.

I'm going to put together a flier specifically geared toward families and youth. What would you recommend including in it? I have some ideas, just want to get a sense of what others think would be the most important points along with:

-Safety taught and emphasized
-Great way to introduce kids or new shooters to the sport
-Information about our history and heritage that isn't taught in the schools much anymore
-Get off the couch/away from video games and do some real stuff!

What other key points?
____________________________________________-
The sad thing about Dakota County Gun Club is this:
"Want to become a member?
We are no longer accepting applications to join our waiting list."

Puma Mami

Brassbucket came over from a day with her family to help. Thanks for taking time to do that BB...you were alot of help. A natural at promotions I would say.
Thanks for stepping up to do that Brassbucket and Sparks1! Wish I could have been there, too. Next time, I hope.

...All we need is a table and an awning to set up, along with our flyers of course. More on that in the following months.
I'm working on getting what's needed to do some video documentary/promotional stuff for Appleseed in connection with a Community TV station (taking their series of classes now so I can use their equipment/studio). So I'm not able to buy a table or awning right now, as much as I'd like to.

Aldi grocery stores have a nice-looking, easy set-up gazebo/awning/canopy on sale for $59.99 this week if anyone has the wherewithal to pick one up. Their special buys sell out quickly. PDF of ad attached. Also at http://aldi.us/us/html/offers/weekly_ads_ENU_HTML.php?WT.z_src=main. Sears also has a nice one around a similar price, too: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00622497000P

OfficeMax has a 6 foot fold-in-half table for $49.99 this week ($35 off). That would work well. http://www.officemax.com/catalog/sku.jsp?productId=prod3030764. PDF of ad attached, too.

Most asked question at promotion was ...Do we have any metro shoots. Wish we were able to say yes...time will tell if our efforts along those lines do some good.
Have we given any of the local metro ranges a framed 18" x 24" riflewoman poster yet? I have four of those posters now from vmt193, and Walmart has some inexpensive frames. Would that help? Ron, would you like me to put those together for you to bring when you go talk to the ranges?