News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

7th Stepping at ISRA

Started by 2 clicks low, April 05, 2011, 10:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

ISRA is having their annual open house fund raiser Jun 25th. This is where I first heard of Appleseed 3 years ago.

ISRA has always been good to us, let's us use their range and promote at these events. It's time to pay them back and help ourselves at the same time. I think it would be great to have the place drowning in RWVA hats and shirts. Yes they will give you a NRA hat and shirt but they are not required to be worn.

No reason you can't chat up AS and hand out a tri-fold while helping.

You don't have to have NRA credentials to help. They know and trust us, I'm sure we will be welcome. We don't have to all be on Rifle, I will be at the Pistol range. They need Safety Briefing help too.

In addition they will have free coffee & donuts and a drawing for a gun at the end of the day.

(warning, they have been known to work you harder than a rented mule  ~~:) )

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Garand69

Yes the ISRA Open House is always a great way to promote. We need a few folks to man the Table this year. If you can do it, contact Pappy.

Thanks for the reminder 2CL  O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

2 clicks low

BTT

Don't want it falling off the radar.

2cl

M1D

I'm in for the Open House again this year.
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

M1D

Open House is this weekend.  I can ensure us a table; unfortunately I have 600-1000 bales to make and put up this weekend so I can no longer commit to being there.  If there is anyone who can staff this event this year please reply to this thread and/or pm me so I can finalize the arrangements.  We have a good relationship with the ISRA Range and it would be a shame to jeopardize it.
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

Pappy

Hello Group; How many Instructors do we have in the greater Chicago and suburban area? Some where south of 42 but we are having a bit of a trouble getting folks to step up.
This is the same promo op that Mrs Pappy and I did with EEL on our wedding aniversary the first year we were able to use the Illinois State Rifle Assn, range.
Where were you then?
This is the same location that we worked very hard to get into, and after much time and effort from Garand 69, EEL, and myself we landed this great location.
Where were you then?
So you think that getting a range is easy? Do you think keeping a range is no problem? What have you done to add a range to the book?
I have a list, it has a name or names next to each range we have here in the state of Illinois. ARE YOU ON IT????????? FEW ARE.
What have you done for Team Illinois, What will you do? The choice is yours look at your feet or look for the next OP, SLACKERS can quit now. Send in your hats.

WHO will be at the ILLINOIS STATE RIFLE RANGE OPEN HOUSE? Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

2 clicks low

Sorry Pappy,
I'm already commtted to help at the pistol range. I will chat up everyone and hand out trifolds.
2cl

dugjeep

speaking of getting a range, the NIRPC I joined up here wants kind of a appleseed demo during there open house in august.  Its only for about 4 to 5 hrs on there 25 yrd pistol range.  Maybe were could just teach the prone,NPOA and some history. I been doing some coaching there at some of there events and lending tips to anybody that wants them.  They would also like a few of us to help with a boy scout shoot in I think Byron, not sure of the date or month yet.  So please help me get this range.

Thanks
call me or txt 815 670 2107

Doug Finke

EEL

dugjeep,

What are the dates for Aug?  We can make something happen.  We can also do a class that covers the basics but isn't exactly appleseed.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

dugjeep

Thanks Ill get the dates and times