News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Belleville, IL Gun Show June 25th and 26th, 2011

Started by mtbrass, June 16, 2011, 03:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtbrass

Belleville, Illinois Gun Show -The largest in the state- will be held again June 25 and 26th.  Thanks to CM we will have a table. Now we need some help staffing the table. The information is below please post the times you can help. If you have questions pleas put them here or send a PM. Thanks.

Directions to Belleville, IL Gun Show located at
Belle Clair Fairgrounds.

FROM JB BRIDGE (255): 255N - 15E - 159N - 13E

FROM POPLAR ST: 64E - 255S - 15E-159N - 13E

FROM 70/55: 255S - 15E - 159N - 13E

DIRECTIONS FROM ILLINOIS (MT. VERNON, TENNESSEE, CHICAGO): 64 (EAST OR WEST) South to Shiloh (N. Greenmount Rd.). Go 4.7 miles to 177-158. At light, turn right. Go 2.2 miles. At first stop sign, make left turn. Go to stop sign, then straight 2/10 mile. FAIRGROUNDS ON LEFT.

E.C.A. Inc. Presents: 
GUN & KNIFE SHOW
JUNE 25 & 26

Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

ADMISSION: $5.00

Missouri Brigade

Thanks for doing this.  I will be at the Victoria shoot, so I am out.

OutaAmmo

I will also be at the Victoria Shoot.  Try posting it on the Missouri board.  Should be someone from the St Louis area to help.

Gravy

I can do this one!  Count me in for both Saturday and Sunday.  Let me know if you want me to bring some stuff for the table.

mtbrass

No problem Missouri Brigade and thanks Gravy for doing this. Sent you a PM also sent PM to Restless in MO as suggested by OuttaAmmo. Tryung to keep this btt the weekend will be here soon! If you want to help be glad to see you there. Plus did anyone mention this is the largest gun show in the state?

Castle Mountain

Arranged fliers +ttrifolds for pickup, also table promo display and AR 15 girl banner and stand. You guys will have no doubt the nicest display among some 500 sold out tables.  Would be good to pick up two morestaff members.

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

mtbrass

Thanks to everyone for getting the materials together.  :bow:

Gravy put them all to good use. While numbers were off a bit according to some of the vendors Gravy was able to convey information about Appleseed to lots of folks.  Seems the people who did come out were very interested in the information and the general feeling was that lots of the people we spoke with will be looking for a shoot and ending up on an Appleseed firing line somewhere in the state and maybe even as far away as California.  So it was a successful weekend.  :)

We even got a neighbor to take a photo.

There was also some discussion of asking about the possibility of a thread that would be dedicated to After Gun Show or After Promotion Reports. Something that we could put a few facts about a promotion location or event that might be helpful to others working that show at a later date? Just a thought.

Missouri Brigade

Good work.  Thanks for taking the time to promote at this show.

Castle Mountain

Good job fellows, proud of your efforts and sucess. You certainly look good. O0
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Gravy

This was a good weekend!  mtbrass summed it up well.  It was probably slower than normal due to the summer, but we talked with many people who expressed interest.  I have no doubt we sent a lot of shooters to the lines.  Good job Jeff!

Thanks CM and EEL for all the supplies for the table.  We really looked top notch and presented AS well.  FWIW, this was the first time I've done a show with the Mona Lisa banner and other table coverings, and I really think this impressive display added credence to the presentation.  In other words, more people stopped, listened, and asked questions than at other shows I've been to.  Most of the time it seems like people just want to grab a brochure and move along.  This isn't to knock other shows but to suggest we should try to get 2-3 table arrangements that are all similar in appearance and make one available in each section of the state so we look consistent and good at every show.

mtbrass also had a good idea to start a thread to record AAR's for the shows.  This would allow us to keep track of the AAR's from previous year's shows for reference next year.  It would also be a good place to share ideas.