News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Patriots Day

Started by sparks1, April 01, 2011, 10:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

Hello fellow Minnesotans !!!!!

If you are checking (and are able to) the instructor schedule, you will notice I am not signed up for the statewide Patriots day Appleseeds.

The reason is I have been waiting for dates for a shoot my friends and I have been doing for, lets see now, Aaah yes>23 years.
Our annual break the cabin fever doldrums with a good old fashioned firing of multiple weapons at targets. We always have an eclectic assortment of firearms...one is requested to bring something new each year. I think last year the favorite was a .45cal M4gery. Of course it helped that I had about 1K rds to burn up...we made a significant dent in my stockpile. I think this year a slidefire will be at the shoot.  I'll be shootin a M14, rifleman style>>>>HITS COUNT !!!!

Anyway, I am going to this, instead of an Appleseed, mainly because a friends son, Al, is deploying May 11th and I want to see him off. Also this ragtag circle of guys are like family to me, and it's like a reunion. I will try to get the volley fire tradition done here along with ya'll at the Appleseeds you will be at. (Shouldn't be too hard) Last year I was showing the things we teach at Appleseed and tho some want to sit their butts at a bench and shoot, others showed some interest in field shooting techniques. I, again, will be 7th stepping and promoting Appleseed at this shoot.

Just wanted to put this out there for public consumption.

Sparks1
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Cooper

Sparky!
You just ROCK!!!
Seventh Step the ignorance, laziness and apathy out of them folk, and then get yourself (and them) back to an Appleseed event.  It doesn't have to be an Appleseed event to help save the Nation, you just don't get credit for your work (in this world).
Love you, bro!
Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on April 01, 2011, 10:28:14 PM
...a shoot my friends and I have been doing for, lets see now, Aaah yes>23 years. Our annual break the cabin fever doldrums with a good old fashioned firing of multiple weapons at targets. We always have an eclectic assortment of firearms...one is requested to bring something new each year.

Sounds like a lot of fun and not to be missed. Wow, 23 years of bringing new stuff each year--you guys must have a lot of fun stuff out there!   ;D
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

sparks1

The bring a new toy started about 5 years ago. Takes some serious horse trading to come up with something new. Starting to be an effort now as the collection is down to keepers not traders.

(John Maxwell)

BuzzG

Must be the famous Trout Shoot? You use the safe rifle chant in your safety briefing?

Hope you have a great time.

Buzz

sparks1

Quote from: BuzzG on April 04, 2011, 05:22:29 PM
Must be the famous Trout Shoot? You use the safe rifle chant in your safety briefing?

Hope you have a great time.

Buzz

More like the INFAMOUS Trout Shoot with the crowd we have. Have had a few sheriff visits when they see the sign saying "Trout Shoot", they always leave happy after firing some different weapons. All LEO's are invited to come around after hours to shoot the breeze and generally get to know us.

(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on April 04, 2011, 06:50:06 PM
More like the INFAMOUS Trout Shoot with the crowd we have. Have had a few sheriff visits when they see the sign saying "Trout Shoot", they always leave happy after firing some different weapons. All LEO's are invited to come around after hours to shoot the breeze and generally get to know us.

First you were saying it's just a get-together with old friends, and then we hear it's the INFAMOUS Trout Shoot  ;)  I wouldn't miss that one, either!  O0

I bet our instructors in the region would love it if you got an instructor trout shoot kind of thing going, maybe 6 months off from this one, in October. Maybe you could even mix the two groups up a bit.

I hope Al's deployment goes well. I remember when my brother deployed in the first gulf war in Marine Recon. We were so relieved to have him back home, safe and sound, at the end of that.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

sparks1

I'm thinking this mix would be like oil and water. **) **) **) **)

BTW...the slidefire is a no show. Questionable to have in Mn. so he did not get one.

(John Maxwell)