News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NM Tagline

Started by TaosGlock, March 24, 2011, 01:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Tagline, you know, that little sentence below New Mexico on the state forums. Some have them, some not. Sort of a catchy id to define the state and our purpose in one line. Humorous or otherwise should/could we do this?
We started this but it fell by the wayside. Perhaps for the best, as we have better things to do. But since I had a spare moment... if we were to add a tagline what would it be? SamD had suggested "Land of enhancement".
Any ideas?
TG
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

duc-dog

I think we need a good catch phrase for the state.  The proper wording could only help with promotions.  Before the little blue pill, Sams' phrase would have been ideal.  Different times need different messages to convey the real message.  I have been trying for some time to come up with a good slogan but nothing seems to fit.  The message is to important to be taken lightly, but humor can convey both the message and stick in the mind simultaneously.  That is why $/time is spent on advertising.  I certainly see the humor in Sams' tag line, but I don't think it will work for our purpose.  But, I haven't come up with anything better. (no pun intended)   

Milt   
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

Captwa

Hey,

How about " all the space your mind and rifle can use"

Wa

JustJeff

Where else can you shoot both Aliens and Redcoats?
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Captwa

Jeff,

We'd best have an avatar to clarify that....... ;)

JustJeff

Quote from: Captwa on March 24, 2011, 09:28:40 PM
  Jeff,

We'd best have an avatar to clarify that....... ;)

eh, if you insist.  We could also use the Postal Match target for the one Cheaper Than Dirt is running right now.... http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=7228&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=AprilE-PostalFacebookSocial032411
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Captwa

Jeff,

Thanks for the heads up on the target.( FUN!) Those big eyed critters are a big problem around Roswell and I have a feeling they inhabit the Roundhouse too!

Wa

JustJeff

Quote from: Captwa on March 26, 2011, 12:20:29 AM
Jeff,

I have a feeling they inhabit the Roundhouse too!

Wa

Hmmmm....could have a point there.....

TaosGlock

Any more ideas or suggestion?
We have one so far from Captwa.
We can use this thread to add more as we think of them. O0
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

JustJeff

Quote from: TaosGlock on March 26, 2011, 11:13:28 AM
Any more ideas or suggestion?
We have one so far from Captwa.
We can use this thread to add more as we think of them. O0
New Mexico, Where else can you shoot both Aliens and Redcoats? Add picture of UFO/Redcoat side by side....

Xeyed

Where else can you shoot both Aliens and Redcoats?

Area 51 Nevada.

P.S Love the Slogan. Gave me an idea for a fun target.
One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Jerry Hall

Howdy All,

How's about: APPLESEED-NEW MEXICO- "Restoring the Spirit of The American Revolution"
:--- &) :~ @) :--- &) :~ @) :--- &) :~ :)
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

twh731

Solar Powered Shooters
Appleseed is history in the re-making!

TaosGlock

Two Wolves

"Where the sand and the bullets blow"

~Two Wolves

or "Where sand and bullets blow"
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Gideon

Officially, the state question is, "Red or green?"

"Red or green? What do you mean?"

"I mean which do you want to shoot? Redcoats or greenie meanies?"

oladcock

I guess "Currently on the front line" won't work! :)

I like "Red or Green?...Coats". Or "We can see further than you can shoot!"  Or "A Rifleman behind every yucca."....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

TaosGlock

These are good.
I am leaning towards OL's. The "yucca" sorta captures the essence of the state. The "Rifleman" covers the AS part.
We can keep this thread alive for awhile and perhaps when we get done with our April shoots do a quickie poll.
We can still add more as we think of them. :~

Devnull

"A Rifleman behind every yucca."

I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

JustJeff

TaosGlock

A modern day Pancho Villa or the Mexican cartel's  would never invade New Mexico because there would be:
"A Rifleman behind every yucca".

JustJeff

Quote from: TaosGlock on April 13, 2011, 09:37:29 PM
A modern day Pancho Villa or the Mexican cartel's  would never invade New Mexico because there would be:
"A Rifleman behind every yucca".

O0 ^-^

twh731

Behind every yucca!  Thumbs up    Tom
Appleseed is history in the re-making!

Captwa

I took a picture of a paste up Alien Redcoat and attached if someone wants to make it the avatar. See attachment.

Gideon

:)) That's a good one Captwa!  Had me laughing first thing this morning. Very creative.   :))

Gideon

Devnull

Quote from: Captwa on April 18, 2011, 11:11:59 PM
   I took a picture of a paste up Alien Redcoat and attached if someone wants to make it the avatar. See attachment.

Hehe! That would make an interesting state patch... A lot easier than making a patch with a rifleman behind a yucca!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

JustJeff

Quote from: Devnull on April 19, 2011, 07:59:30 PM
Quote from: Captwa on April 18, 2011, 11:11:59 PM

Hehe! That would make an interesting state patch... A lot easier than making a patch with a rifleman behind a yucca!
Yeah, that would be an ultra-cool patch.... maybe we could work it out somehow.

Captwa

If I can steal the gif. that Fred uses and run the holes program backwards so they dissappear...

I'm sticking with " All the space your mind and rifle can use". Sorry Jerry, I can't help but think we knowwhat the program is about but what makes NM special?

Wa

Dinky Dao

Ok...I gotta say...Captwa, the photo...too funny.  **)
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!