News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NM Tagline

Started by TaosGlock, March 24, 2011, 01:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oladcock

Yep, too funny but everyone knows the only aliens we have are illegal. Great for our red coat targets, say on the last day especially here in Roswell...But they got to be green to be realistic! :)...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Brumley Dog

A rifleman behind every Yucca!! Best tagline ever.

Missouri is Jealous...

BD

Devnull

Quote from: oladcock on April 19, 2011, 10:59:36 PM
Yep, too funny but everyone knows the only aliens we have are illegal. Great for our red coat targets, say on the last day especially here in Roswell...But they got to be green to be realistic! :)...O.L.

Take a greenie meanie (The green classifier AQT) and draw the murphey's square. Your good to go!  **)
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

Gideon

That would make a pretty cool state patch. The gf's mom has an embroidering machine. Don't know how they work, but does anyone have a problem with me asking her if she can make some?

Gideon

Gideon

That would make a unique state patch. How about adding a yellow zia in the middle of the chest?

Gideon

oladcock

Quote from: Devnull on April 19, 2011, 07:59:30 PM
Quote from: Captwa on April 18, 2011, 11:11:59 PM
   I took a picture of a paste up Alien Redcoat and attached if someone wants to make it the avatar. See attachment.

Hehe! That would make an interesting state patch... A lot easier than making a patch with a rifleman behind a yucca!

And what part of all this is supposed to be "easy"? :) Personally I'm not wearing the enemy unless it's in the form of a good sight picture. Aren't patches a different animal than tag lines?..O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

JustJeff

Quote from: oladcock on April 20, 2011, 11:09:31 AM
   I took a picture of a paste up Alien Redcoat and attached if someone wants to make it the avatar. See attachment.

Hehe! That would make an interesting state patch... A lot easier than making a patch with a rifleman behind a yucca!

And what part of all this is supposed to be "easy"? :) Personally I'm not wearing the enemy unless it's in the form of a good sight picture...O.L.

so, he needs to add crosshairs or a post.... sounds good to me.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Devnull

Hehe! My bad! I was joking about the state patch thing. Personally I feel we are all part of Appleseed and that is the only association we need to flaunt. Everyone will know were from NM by the zeal we teach with, the precision with which we do things and of course the dried red chile on our shooting jacket where it fell while eating that burrito out at the range doesn't hurt either!  ;D

Quote from: oladcock on April 20, 2011, 11:09:31 AM

And what part of all this is supposed to be "easy"? :) Personally I'm not wearing the enemy unless it's in the form of a good sight picture. Aren't patches a different animal than tag lines?..O.L.

Captwa

Ok , taking time from cutting trees for my defensible space, I got inspired to make some adjustments.  I couldn't find a yucca picture, but liked the line.  Next idea up was "Red or Green" and that inspired a " seed" thought along with my past idea.  Then there was the sight picture comment.   Y'all are hitting on all 13 pistons now.

I am a resident alien here having come from NY to my new state. Legal, maybe. Ornery certainly!

Wa

Shooter

Quote from: Shooter on April 21, 2011, 01:18:51 AM
Quote from: Devnull on April 20, 2011, 01:40:59 PM
Hehe! My bad! I was joking about the state patch thing. Personally I feel we are all part of Appleseed and that is the only association we need to flaunt. Everyone will know were from NM by the zeal we teach with, the precision with which we do things and of course the dried red chile on our shooting jacket where it fell while eating that burrito out at the range doesn't hurt either!  ;D

Devnull, that makes me LOL

However, I do agree with the point that we should keep the focus Appleseed and not get too state specific with a patch or the Zia symbol.
Elaine

TaosGlock

Do we have a tagline yet with the ones listed or do we need to toss a few more around?
No hurry....

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Devnull

Quote from: TaosGlock on April 21, 2011, 02:29:46 AM
Do we have a tagline yet with the ones listed or do we need to toss a few more around?
No hurry....

Well "A rifleman behind every yucca" seems to have the most support. How about a quick Yea or Nay vote?

YEA!

TaosGlock

If we combine everything we sorta have "Aliens, Yucca and Riflemen everywhere you look!"
Thanks to CSHR for that!
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

oladcock

Well, yea I guess from me and Strawberry. If we want a patch, I've got something in mind I'll draw up and post to see what folks think....O.L.

Quote from: Devnull on April 21, 2011, 02:35:42 AM
No hurry....

Well "A rifleman behind every yucca" seems to have the most support. How about a quick Yea or Nay vote?

YEA!

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

JustJeff

Quote from: Devnull on April 21, 2011, 02:35:42 AM
No hurry....

YEA!
Yea
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Captwa

Shorty was going to mention "behind every cholla" since we have more of them than yucca , I pointed out the concealment difference..........she agreed.  Two Aye! or Arggggh!( whatever landlubbers say) votes for Yucca. 

I did crack myself up with the red or green.  Time to get serious.  Just look at the great notion we all have about voting on things.  Must be something woven into that American cloth.

Wa

TaosGlock

Quote from: Captwa on April 21, 2011, 12:30:21 PM
   Shorty was going to mention "behind every cholla" since we have more of them than yucca , I pointed out the concealment difference..........she agreed.  Two Aye! or Arggggh!( whatever landlubbers say) votes for Yucca. 

I did crack myself up with the red or green.  Time to get serious.  Just look at the great notion we all have about voting on things.  Must be something woven into that American cloth.

Wa
We had some remnants of cholla on the firing line. Some bits of dead stuff blew in.  Nasty on the elbows and sticks to the shooting mats.

So the votes are leaning to the yucca quote.
Chris,  since you are a mod do you have the powers to add the tagline?

Note the erie looking NM cammo....

Devnull

Quote from: TaosGlock on April 21, 2011, 01:16:12 PM

Wa
We had some remnants of cholla on the firing line. Some bits of dead stuff blew in.  Nasty on the elbows and sticks to the shooting mats.

So the votes are leaning to the yucca quote.
Chris,  since you are a mod do you have the powers to add the tagline?

I don't know. I've never looked! If not I know who to contact to get it done.

Shall we say we will leave it open for voting until Monday? (I'm going out of town at o' dark thirty tomorrow. Going to the left coast...) Once we have let there be a long enough period for folks to weigh in I'll get it done.

JustJeff

Wa

Draw 'pointy chins' on those targets, and they'll be perfect!

Shooter

Elaine

Gideon

A Rifleman Behind Every Yucca

I vote Yea

duc-dog

Why not have it all?  I like the "behind every yucca " for a tagline.   That red or green? avatar could be effective for promo here in NM.
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

duc-dog

Well.....  What has been decided and why isn't it posted as a tag-line?

Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

TaosGlock

Quote from: duc-dog on July 10, 2011, 11:40:07 AM
Well.....  What has been decided and why isn't it posted as a tag-line?

Milt
Mods around here need to git er' done soon!

oladcock

That would be the SC's ball of wax, would it not? Seems like a PM to the IT's guy is all it would take...O.L.

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Jerry Hall

Looks pretty good on there to me!! :D
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

oladcock

Yep, looks good! :)....O.L.

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx