News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hey..I fugured out how to create a post.yippee for me

Started by barbaraparis, March 09, 2011, 11:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbaraparis

Hi all, my 2 kids and I will be be going on our very first weekend outing in college station  Tx. this weekend. ..:..My son is 12 ans my daughter is 16 and I am  oh wait my age is not necessary. My xhusband is not invovled at all in my kids and it is taking a toll on my son.I thought this type of a thing would be a perfect guy thing for him.And my daughter and I can also learn a thing or two. Yet I realize the weekend is here almost and we have no guns !! I have never shot a gun in my whole life..You believe that?? So what should we do? Should we put it off for another weekend?any ideas?
Thanks for any thoughts.
Speak softly but carry a big stick!

Earl

I am hoping the Shoot Boss and instructors for this Appleseed will catch this quick. Often there are rifles to lend, no guarantee, but you will find people that are going to introduce you to safe, excellent marksmanship, and a few good male role models to put challenges in front of your son. The best ones are older than dirt but they are there and they care. Keep checking in. and have a great experience at the Appleseed. :)
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

2 clicks low

Send a PM to the shoot boss. Click on MY MESSAGES then NEW MESSAGE in the TO field put "Sir Not Appearing In This Film" (seriously, that's his handle) and ask him if he can scrounge up 3 loaners. You each need one, and no, you can't share.

Welcome aboard

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

starfox

PM inbound to the instructors and yourself.

Welcome to Appleseed!  SNAITF is a great guy and alonso1 is one of Appleseed's finest.   You will be in good hands.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Nickle

PM sent to the 2 Red Hats for the event and Barb.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: starfox on March 09, 2011, 12:53:08 PM
"SNAITF is a great guy..."

He's overrated.  ;)

I think we have Barbara and hers covered in regard to the LTR aspect.

I'm communicating with her via email.

Thanks!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

barbaraparis

Thanks for all the help guys.
This is going to be so exciting..I have my list of supplies and I will head out with my son to get stuff. I was looking at some pictures from last year.
Whats up with the red hats? Any ole hat will do right?
I am a photographer to so I am thinking this is a great shoot for photos as well.
Speak softly but carry a big stick!

starfox

Quote from: barbaraparis on March 09, 2011, 04:48:52 PM
Thanks for all the help guys.
This is going to be so exciting..I have my list of supplies and I will head out with my son to get stuff. I was looking at some pictures from last year.
Whats up with the red hats? Any ole hat will do right?
I am a photographer to so I am thinking this is a great shoot for photos as well.

Hi Barabara,

The Red Hats denote full instructors with our program.  Orange hats are Instructors In Training.  All have shot Rifleman on the AQT. Everyone was once where you are now, on their way to their very first Appleseed.  

You may wear whatever hat you like (I recommend a full brimmed hat to help keep the sun off).  

Enjoy the weekend!
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10