News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

3 strikes

Started by Texas Rifleman, January 17, 2011, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Rifleman

I have heard that somewhere on the forum the 3 strikes is listed.
I cannot find it.
If it is here can someone point me to it ?
I have the book but looking for a condensed version of the 3 strikes so I can try and get this learned.
Thanks
Dave
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Devnull

I don't know if you have access to this as an IIT1, but try the link anyway.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7406.0

The best way to learn the strikes is to talk with someone who knows them. If you can get in touch with a local shoot boss see if he/she would be willing to mentor you on the strikes. I have found that a serious conversation over dinner with IITs has worked wonders on getting them up to speed on the story.

Of course also read "Paul Revere's Ride" in it's entirety as well. It is amazing what you can learn by knowing what happened before and after the events. The minutia might not be needed at an Appleseed but knowing it will help you understand what your teaching better.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

Texas Rifleman

Thanks ya'll

Kirk - did ya'll get dried out ?
Davilla - 5/09

scuzzy

You can also try out "The Instructor Pages" (TIPS) which we just rolled out.

See this link:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19891.msg157276#msg157276

You must be able to access that part of the board of course. You'll find a link there which you click on. You'll then be directed to a website.

On the left hand side there are numerous links. Click on the one called '3 Strikes' and check out some of the stuff.

There is also a link called 'History' which has links to some good free books too. There are in PDF for the most part.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Texas Rifleman

Thanks Scuzzy. I don't have access to that part of the website just yet.
Davilla - 5/09

scuzzy

Quote from: Texas Rifleman on January 19, 2011, 11:36:51 PM

Hmmm, I thought all IITs had access to that part of the forum. Let me look into that.

scuzzy

Quote from: Texas Rifleman on January 19, 2011, 11:36:51 PM

I checked into it. You should have access now. If you have any problems PM me and we'll figure out what's wrong.

Texas Rifleman

Got it.
Thanks Scuzzy.
Davilla - 5/09

olfart

Quote from: Texas Rifleman on January 25, 2011, 10:43:55 AM
Got it.
Thanks Scuzzy.

+1 on the "Thanks Scuzzy". Thanks for all the work you're doing to organize and simplify the site! It's looking better every day.
"The cure of crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair" ...  However, the electric chair works wonders on recidivism.