News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pleasant things to see.

Started by 06en, March 05, 2011, 12:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

06en

Today after I got off work, I went to do some 7th Stepping rounds and distribute new fliers with upcoming event inserts and the new poster. Walked into a sporting goods/gun store and no sooner had I let go of the door as I entered, and saw that there was already the new National Promotions poster posted on the wall  ^:)^ . I do have ideas of who may have been 7th Stepping in this store, but do not know for sure, nor is it specifically important (for me anyway). What matters in my mind is that The Appleseed Project is spreading in Central Washington  O0 .

So off to another spot to spread the word. I walk into the pawn/gun shop (they know my face well now) and let them know that I am bringing in some updated information on pricing and upcoming events. I exchange what I brought for what was still at the store that needed new inserts. Then The guy asks if we sold the wood furnature that is in the new poster. So a thought came to mind. Could we promote stuff as bait? I know a little off topic, but the thought did come.

And again off to more places and end up speaking directly with several people about AS. It just feels like I'm getting back into the swing of things after running into so many  :wall: trying to get folks to sponsor a shoot at their ranges.

So I thank you, whoever you are, for also stepping up to help spread the word about AS. It is very refreshing for me. I feel that in some small way, the time I have spent has not been for naught. We all make a difference. Thank you all.

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Reformed Redneck

Way to go 06en, and also to the other anonymous 7th stepper.

RR
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Evenstar

An encouraging post, Brian; thanks! Keep on keeping on in Central Washington. O0 Looking forward to seeing you and winkin' not blinkin' in a few weeks! ^:)^
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Earl

I was deep in Hibernation watching Exodus with Paul Newman, and saw the British take the arms of the school so there wouldn't be any trouble, and noticed that Paul Newman's character referred to the 'Shot Heard Around the World'. Saying that there were only seventy-seven militiamen at Concord when the American Revolution started. Obviously, this movie was long before the RWVA and Appleseeds, but he should know that Lexington is not Concord. Keep seventh stepping.... O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.