News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Encouraging RWVA e-mail

Started by TruTenacity, March 04, 2011, 07:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruTenacity

Hi California folks.

I thought I'd share an RWVA e-mail with you.

QuoteHi, can you tell me what age you recommend for kids to do an Appleseed shoot? Thanks, Doug

QuoteHi Doug,

A child's attendance at an Appleseed event is at the discretion of the parent based on the child's maturity level, willingness to listen and ability to receive instruction well.  We have had children as young as five years old attend events.

Appleseed is family friendly.  Instructors will help the kids, but you will be responsible for them when they are not shooting. It would be a great help to the instructors if you make certain the child is familiar with the rifle; how to prep magazines, how to insert and remove magazines and how to make the rifle safe to name a few.

Shawn
RWVA staff volunteer

QuoteShawn, Thanks for your prompt reply. I attended a class in Jun of 09 & had such a wonderful experience I told many others! I actually got a family in Nor Cal to attend & they're going back for more. Your program exceeded expectations & is probably one of the best family fun/learning experiences I have attended. I am trying to juggle some tings around to make sure my wife attends in the one of the next 2 classes here in LAS area. We do have a mature 5 yr old little girl, but our Rugers are a little to big for her   :-)  She's would enjoy the history lessons I'm sure. Thanks for the info & Appleseed will be seeing us soon. Thanks & keep Up The GREAT Work!   Doug

A+ work!   O0

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

SavageShootr

Thanks TruT!!

We have a single-shot cricket, we sometimes take to the events. I have loaned it out at Appleseed more than once.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

jmdavis

Actually in Elanor,WV last August we had a 4 year old named Garin. He made the section cover of the following Sunday's Charleston Gazette.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

TruTenacity

Quote from: jmdavis on March 04, 2011, 08:25:22 PM
Actually in Elanor,WV last August we had a 4 year old named Garin. He made the section cover of the following Sunday's Charleston Gazette.

O0

Did you keep the article?  Is there a link to it even if it is archived in the Charleston Gazette?
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

jmdavis

There is a photo of the article in the actual newspaper that is readable here on the forums at:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16624.0 reply #7
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner