News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oregon 2011 Appleseeds?

Started by cptdondo, March 03, 2011, 07:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cptdondo

Hey folks, any news?

It's almost quit raining for the year and the schedule isn't up?   ???

I'm itching to get out there again.   ;D

Takai

TruTenacity

I'm glad to see there are folks raring to go to an Appleseed event in Oregon.  At present there are no events scheduled in Oregon, but please take a look at the Appleseed map.  Click on any state nearest you to view the events on that state's schedule. You just might find an event closer to you than you think.

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states.html
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Takai

Drive time is a real consideration for me. Has there been any thought about having shoots at Eagle Creek or Estacada again?

Mark Davis

To get a shoot scheduled, someone has to go to the club and get a date. That is best handled by someone close by who is intersted in seeing an appleseed happen.
If the person who did it last time does not schedule another shoot, our best hope is that another person will step up.
Ranges are usually willing to schedule another shoot once the "ice" has been broken.
Takai, can you go to the range and make arrangements? Every thing needed but the face to face contact is available on this web site.

TruTenacity

Quote from: Takai on March 06, 2011, 02:53:10 PM
Drive time is a real consideration for me. Has there been any thought about having shoots at Eagle Creek or Estacada again?

If I'm not mistaken Eagle Creek is the same as Estacada.  There were a number of Appleseed events held there last year.  It has yet to be determined if there will be events held there again this year.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

cptdondo

Quote from: Takai on March 06, 2011, 02:53:10 PM

+1

Right now the closest AS is some 4-5 hours drive.  That's a long way to haul 2 kids on a school weekend - and yes, both my kids want to go this time.

splaticus

There is one in Bickleton, WA which is only 2 hours from Portland....maybe that one is closer.  It's on Apr. 9,10th.  Hope that helps!
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Takai

I am about 3.25 hours from Estacada/Eagle Creek. Bickleton is almost 6 away. So that one probably won't happen for me.

Mark Davis

Quote from: Takai on March 07, 2011, 01:24:15 PM
I am about 3.25 hours from Estacada/Eagle Creek. Bickleton is almost 6 away. So that one probably won't happen for me.
Is there a range near you? Appleseed will come to any range willing to host.

Takai

This is Roseburg. Pretty much a redneck town. Their are several ranges in the area but, since I only moved here a couple months ago I haven't had time to check them out. I will have to look into that. I wasn't sure that I had enough people in the area that would be interested.

How many people does AS need to make it worth the time and effort it takes to run a shoot?

Mark Davis

10 is good 20 better 30 wonderful.

cptdondo

OK, we have an invitation for future Appleseed events from Emerald Empire Gun Club in Marcola (just outside Springfield and near Eugene).

I have a positive reception from the board, I have the paperwork that needs to be filled out.

Can someone from the Appleseed folks contact me directly (via email at yan (at) seiner.com) so we can get this moving forward?

Thanks!

Reformed Redneck

cptdondo,

I'd be glad to give you a hand on this. You can e-mail at ID@appleseedinfo.com and we'll see if we can get this rolling along.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

cptdondo

email sent

06en

Did someone say they needed an Appleseed. Where is my calander?  :sos:

Prescott

I pass through the Eugene area on a regular basis and can meet with Emerald Empire board to try and arrange dates for an Appleseed.

RR, please send me a copy of the completed paperwork and I will see what can be arranged.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

cptdondo

Prescott (or any other Appleseed instructor):

Will you be around Eugene on the evening of the 18th?  I have a presentation to the Board of Emerald Empire Gun Club for AS events.  I'm sure they will have questions about course of fire, safety, and certification of staff.  It would be nice to have an AS instructor around to explain the program.

RL

I can probably get over there for that...
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

Fondis Firearms

Takai, If you can get something set up near Roseburg, I'll do my best to get my Father to go...
I just finished my first Appleseed shoot out in Colorado, and was telling my Father all about it.  He lives between Grants Pass and Roseburg, and I think if it was close, he would give it a try.   O0

cptdondo

Keep your eyes peeled.   ^:)^

Looks like we'll get an Appleseed in Eugene in July and September.  Stay tuned.

Wheeler44

Good  Job cptdondo......Keep up the good work.

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Takai

Quote from: cptdondo on May 20, 2011, 12:48:17 AM
Keep your eyes peeled.   ^:)^

Looks like we'll get an Appleseed in Eugene in July and September.  Stay tuned.

Work has kept me buried that last few months, so this is good news. Eugene is definitely a lot closer than the alternatives.

cptdondo

OK, it's on the schedule.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23008.0