News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How does appleseed compare to frontsite?

Started by ktm525xcatv, February 11, 2011, 10:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktm525xcatv

Quote from: Cyclops WY on February 13, 2011, 12:42:32 AM
ktm525xcatv

How was your first day of instruction?  Hope you had a hoot.

Cyclops WY
i'll be back tommorow

Two Wolves

I realize that there are many different ways you can compare one type of course to another. i.e. price, value, quality.

But what needs to be said here is courses like Frontsight and CHL courses, are built around saving yourself in a confrontation.

Appleseed is built around you saving your country in a nonviolent manner.

Everything has to do with ones MINDSET. If your focused on saving yourself then taking a self-defense course is appropriate.

If your focused on how can I save my country then the mindset needs to be of helping others to find ways of helping others. Thus the beauty of Appleseed.

For me, it's more important to donate my time and my money to futher this mission.

Once again it comes down to YOUR MINDSET. The direction of the country is dictated by mindset. Change the mindset of people and you can change the direction.

This is why the youth programs and family involvement is so important.

Appleseed is not the final word or the end destination regarding change.

Instead it is the beginning spot in the journey. A place where people come and are willing to opens their minds. It's that process that allows an individual to start to change and modify their mindset.

We talk and listen to the events that led up to April 19Th, 1775. What led those colonist was their mindset.

yada,yada,yada, ~Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

FreedomV

Good comments from others who have participated in both courses.  Both have a place,
Appleseed has a higher broader mission and a great chance to pay forward what has been done for us by the founders.
I enjoy both, FrontSight is chance to polish my skills for handgun and 7 th step and promote Appleseed!
I can go to FS once a year, I can promote AS most days and any time I am at a local range and Appleseed 6-8 times a year.
Illegitimi non carborundum

ktm525xcatv

Quote from: Two Wolves on February 13, 2011, 03:50:54 PM
I realize that there are many different ways you can compare one type of course to another. i.e. price, value, quality.

But what needs to be said here is courses like Frontsight and CHL courses, are built around saving yourself in a confrontation.

Appleseed is built around you saving your country in a nonviolent manner.

Everything has to do with ones MINDSET. If your focused on saving yourself then taking a self-defense course is appropriate.

If your focused on how can I save my country then the mindset needs to be of helping others to find ways of helping others. Thus the beauty of Appleseed.

For me, it's more important to donate my time and my money to futher this mission.

Once again it comes down to YOUR MINDSET. The direction of the country is dictated by mindset. Change the mindset of people and you can change the direction.

This is why the youth programs and family involvement is so important.

Appleseed is not the final word or the end destination regarding change.

Instead it is the beginning spot in the journey. A place where people come and are willing to opens their minds. It's that process that allows an individual to start to change and modify their mindset.

We talk and listen to the events that led up to April 19Th, 1775. What led those colonist was their mindset.

yada,yada,yada, ~Two Wolves

100%agree on that

OnlyHitsCount

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on February 12, 2011, 11:39:04 AM
Did the frontsight program further the gun culture? with regard to self defense,value of private ownership ,political action etc?

Hey Johnnyappleseed - Besides the fantastic instruction on the range, there were two aspects of Front Sight that I didn't expect, but thoroughly appreciated.  #1. In no way did they rundown any other self-defense/gun/pro-2nd Amendment program.  In fact, many of the instructors had multiple memberships in other organizations.  And, #2. The instructors were adamant that you understand the consequences of being involved in a shooting, even a justified one!  The repercussions to you and your family can be unfathomable.  To me, defending my children, and surviving so I may be there for them, is priority!  &) Then I'll deal with the fallout.

I am a lifetime member of Front Sight and a new IIT in Appleseed.  I have joined both for very different reasons.

Front Sight is a great self-defense training school: a place to hone your skills for concealed carry, to prepare mentally and physically for the unforeseen battle, and a great place for three sisters to get away for a week!  ;D

Appleseed is a way of life.  Something you do with your entire family, not to prepare for a battle we hope will never come, but to advance ourselves in the reality of life we are already living: a place I can bring my son and know that he will be rubbing elbows with the salt-of-the-earth, enjoy the history brought to life by the instructors, and the history we are making by being there. 

Both forums have their place, but as jerryinhermiston said, Appleseeds to Oranges.   O0
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)