News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Guy to Appleseed.

Started by Mac1676, February 09, 2011, 04:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac1676

Hi all. Newbie here.
Looking for a place like this here.
53 Years old.
Retired Army.
Disabled American Veteran, yet who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
Had a friend turn me on to this site. He speaks highly well of it.
Glad to be here.

Mac1676.

Two Wolves

Hi Mac, welcome to the forum. Have you made it to a shoot yet? BTW, 53 doesn't qualify as an OLD dog here. Maybe a middle aged dog.  ;D

~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

henschman

Howdy Mac, good to have you on the forum.  Whereabouts are you from? 

I don't care how old of a dog you are... I bet we can still teach you a few tricks.  And I bet we can teach you some American history that you have never heard before either. 

One of our best instructors in the state is a disabled veteran, and he does JUST FINE with a rifle.  I know I wouldn't want to be within 1000 yards of him if he was mad at me.  ;) We will work with you no matter what your physical condition is. 

See you on the firing line! 

Oh, by the way, I'm the state coordinator for Oklahoma, so let me know if you've got any questions or need anything at all. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

K98Al

Howdy, Mac. What part of the state are you in? I'm in Tulsa, shoot at Red Castle some.
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

oldgrunt

Welcome MAC hope to see ya on the range someday..bring what ever you got Im sure we can open ur eyes to the ways we do things around here...I think your a USSA member too we need more of you from there..I just hope we get to shoot there someday...
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

A-Bomb

Welcome Mac! Always good to see a fresh face of any age! I'm from Stillwater, but I spend most of my time in Tryon/Chandler. Hope to see ya at a shoot sometime!