News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Had an "ah ha" moment.

Started by savagerabbit, February 03, 2011, 11:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savagerabbit

I finally ordered a decent sling.  I wish I'd done this weeks ago.  I wish I'd done it immediately after my first Appleseed in the fall so perhaps I would have had this moment before the one in December.
So this morning I sat down and played with it.  I don't have the proper hardware to put it on the Ruger yet but I I thought I'd get familiar with it anyway.
I've been putting it on wrong.  I don't mean just a little wrong, I mean A LOT wrong.  It's why it wouldn't stay on my arm, it's why it was so frustrating.  I just read this article:
http://762rifleman.wordpress.com/2009/06/13/use-your-sling/ which I know is probably somebody here.. THANK YOU. (:
and when I saw it (what I was doing) it was like a ray of light shown down! LOL
I was putting the loop that contains the clip around my arm, not the loop that comes out of the buckle so it wasn't self tightening and frankly... nearly impossible to keep the junk on the outside of my arm.
Just looking at it there wasn't any way to know what I was doing.  It looks the same if you're looking down at it. 
So YAY!!  Happy Dance!  ..:..
"What a triumph for our enemies..... to find that we are incapable of governing ourselves."  George Washington

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

MacMcM

Learning Marksmanship is a series of "Ah Ha" moments. Until that happens, students and instructors can be discouraged. Remember we don't call it drinking from a firehose for nuthin!

Now that the sling makes sense, SHF will work, and then NPOA. Trigger control clicks, and bada-bing 210+ ...

Yay SR see ya Feb 12/13!

Mac
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

Reddot

MacMcM,
You're absolutely right, that's why a rifleman/woman must persist!!! Good luck savagerabbit!  You can  will do it!!!  ~~:)

savagerabbit

I know I will!!  I've only got a dozen more tho so I better step it up. LOL   (I said it might take me 14 times but I'll get it!)

I was just talking to Chris (the husband) on the phone and I was telling him "They really just can't fathom how dense I really am" LOL  He assured me that it was just because the equipment is completely unfamiliar to me.  He's good like that... always smoothing it over when I beat myself up. (:
"What a triumph for our enemies..... to find that we are incapable of governing ourselves."  George Washington

Two Wolves

My life (59 yrs) has been a series of  :wall: "ah ha" moments, punctuated by an occasional Brilliant thought!  :D

The fact that you persisted in finding the answer to your dilemma says more about you than you realize.

~Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

savagerabbit