News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MY RIFLE ~ The Creed of a United States Marine~

Started by Castle Mountain, January 21, 2011, 01:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

MY RIFLE ~ The Creed of a United States Marine~

Yep, only  hits count.  Here is a nice saying the USCM use for their mantra.
This is so good, I hope you enjoy it by way of reminder for some lest we forget.

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: EEL on January 21, 2011, 09:46:27 AM
O0

Quote from: Garand69
Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.
/color][/i]

-Albert Einstein
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

CSHR

**)  **)  **)  **)  **)  **)

After reading the download I just hafta ask: should we get a job teaching the Corps too?  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^

The photo at the bottom shows a seriously poor kneeling position: no sling use, no to chicken wing, and elbow(olecranon process) to knee cap(patella) aka bone to bone.

He's probably just using the scope for acquiring info when the pic was taken.

I do have a little indigestion with anthropomorphism of the rifle (as I was instructed, way back in 'old corps' 67) it is a tool and will perform the way you care for it and use it.

Thanks for the posting.

CSHR

"But rightful Liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the law" because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -- Thomas Jefferson

Castle Mountain

I suspect that photo was for a camera shot just like this video was for a camera shot
to expose the profile of the battlecomp compensator. You will observe the elbow in standing position
while shooting his SOCOM .308
How do I know? I asked the this shooter and he told me his mind was really on presenting for the camera.

Teaching corps, you are already enlisted my brother.

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: CSHR on January 21, 2011, 07:00:54 PM
**)  **)  **)  **)  **)  **)

After reading the download I just hafta ask: should we get a job teaching the Corps too?  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^

The photo at the bottom shows a seriously poor kneeling position: no sling use, no to chicken wing, and elbow(olecranon process) to knee cap(patella) aka bone to bone.

I do have a little indigestion with anthropomorphism of the rifle (as I was instructed, way back in 'old corps' 67) it is a tool and will perform the way you care for it and use it.

Thanks for the posting.

CSHR

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Castle Mountain

I suspect that photo was for a camera shot just like this video was for a camera shot
to expose the profile of the battlecomp compensator. You will observe the elbow in standing position
while shooting his SOCOM .308
How do I know? I asked the this shooter and he told me his mind was really on presenting for the camera. :---

Teaching corps, you are already enlisted my brother. O0

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: Castle Mountain on January 21, 2011, 07:51:17 PM

Quote from: CSHR on January 21, 2011, 07:00:54 PM
**)  **)  **)  **)  **)  **)

After reading the download I just hafta ask: should we get a job teaching the Corps too?  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^

Thanks for the posting.

CSHR

Johnnyappleseed

CM
Thanks for the trip back to memory lane O0
A few decades back I was required to memorise the "Riflemans Creed"
Not being really bright  ;D it took me  a long time too ;)
Semper Fidelis ,
JA

Bet CSHR still says it with his prayers  @)
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Leonidas

Johnny,
What you don't say your creed anymore when you "prepare to mount"? I bet you don't wish chesty puller goodnight whereever he may be either..... Also is it just me or does anyone else notice a couple words missing? As I remember it the final words are "So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace." that's the way we said it in 3rd Battalion anyways. Gosh it sure is strange how every shoot I go to there is always other fellow Marines who are wearing R.W.V.A. Instructor hats. Maybe it's because in the corps we've been making riflemen since Nov. 10Th 1775 and have never loosened our standards. Cshr, Johnny, i hope to see you both on the trail again soon. Godspeed, and Semper Fidelis!

Leonidas (Joseph)
California's 300Th Rifleman
"I love the People of Boston. I once thought, that City would be the Christian Sparta. But Alas! Will men never be free! They will be free no longer than while they remain virtuous. Sidney tells us, there are times when People are not worth saving. Meaning, when they have lost their Virtue. I pray God, this may never be truly said of my beloved Town." Samuel Adams

Castle Mountain

Boy Patriot Gal and I sure miss you Johnny. :'( When are you coming out to see us and be
with us at a shoot?  Love to have you share another bible study pilgrim. O0

Best regards,

CM

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on January 21, 2011, 09:33:45 PM
CM
Thanks for the trip back to memory lane O0
A few decades back I was required to memorise the "Riflemans Creed"
Not being really bright  ;D it took me  a long time too ;)
Semper Fidelis ,
JA

Bet CSHR still says it with his prayers  @)

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: Leonidas on January 21, 2011, 11:46:16 PM
Johnny,
What you don't say your creed anymore when you "prepare to mount"? I bet you don't wish chesty puller goodnight whereever he may be either..... Also is it just me or does anyone else notice a couple words missing? As I remember it the final words are "So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace." that's the way we said it in 3rd Battalion anyways. Gosh it sure is strange how every shoot I go to there is always other fellow Marines who are wearing R.W.V.A. Instructor hats. Maybe it's because in the corps we've been making riflemen since Nov. 10Th 1775 and have never loosened our standards. Cshr, Johnny, i hope to see you both on the trail again soon. Godspeed, and Semper Fidelis!

Leonidas (Joseph)
California's 300Th Rifleman

Leonidas -- Yes I do believe you are correct as to the missing words concerning the Riflemans creed, good call  O0
Not sure why ,whoever wrote the RM creed found a need to put that in  :o ---It would have been more appropriate to finish with a George Washington quote"When firearms go,all goes ------ we need them every hour." lol

I still have a pic of Chesty proudly displayed ,along with other pic's where some folks ask "who's that black guy?" answer JC Watts

Semper Fidelis and see you on the trail .

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Johnnyappleseed

CM ----------
Thanx for your kind invitation--- I would sure enjoy seeing you and Patriot Gal again.
With all respect however -- I may wait until your temps rise above single digits **)
Keep up the great work My Friend ^5
JA
Calvin Coolidge