News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hat Concept

Started by Castle Mountain, January 21, 2011, 09:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

I am fishing here with this one.   Graphic can be applied to a shirt also.

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

BeSwift

I'm likely late to the game...but a practical hat would be awesome... Here's links to what I'd chose (colors aside)
http://www.altrec.com/patagonia/bimini-cap
http://www.cabelas.com/mens-fishing-hats-cabelas-gore-tex-boonie-caps.shtml?type=product&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleBaseUSA&WT.z_mc_id1=725491&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=AAE67FCD-958E-DF11-A0C8-002219318F67&mr:referralID=NA
http://www.altrec.com/columbia/mens-thunderstorm-ii-booney

I'm a big fan of rain hats (gore tex), bucket/boonie hats or sun hats.... (lighter colors are cooler too!)...
My 02..    BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Yankeedutch

Hey CM,

Maybe it's time for a T-shirt re-creation.  Something that has simplicity and precision.

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Cyclops WY

I think all the instructor hats should be Boonie hats.

Just my .05 cents.

Skin cancer sucks.

Cyclops
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. Thomas Jefferson

Yankeedutch

Here's a good Boonie, and it's in red too!!

www.eotac.com/8oz-cotton/boonie-hat

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

The Wolfhound

Product Name-    Price  
    Woolrich Boonie Hat    $14.95

... more info

Sizes: Medium, Large or XLarge Available Colors: BLACK, KHAKI or RED  The Elite Series Boonie Hat features a 3" brim for improved sun protection. The...  

Darn! The picture did not copy.  Bowers Tactical is my source.

charles_w

As a fair skinned person who sunburns very easily (even with high SPF applied liberally), I would very much like to see a boonie hat option for instructors!  I took the orange hat in November and am already wondering about protection for my ears and neck for this spring and summer!

Devnull

Quote from: charles_w on January 21, 2011, 11:11:33 PM
As a fair skinned person who sunburns very easily (even with high SPF applied liberally), I would very much like to see a boonie hat option for instructors!  I took the orange hat in November and am already wondering about protection for my ears and neck for this spring and summer!

There is a red boonie hat already available. Once you become a redhat you can ask your next shoot boss to order one in the shoot box for you.

Though I do wish it had a bigger brim... I've more than once turned into a boiled crab wearing that thing.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

Pappy

WOW!!!! THIS is a GREAT Idea, best idea since the concept of fixed ammunition... Wonder what it will take to roll it out... Sure seems like a change for the better, A change worth making. Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Castle Mountain

This one is for you brother. O0  You would look soooooo good in it. :)

Thanks

CM

Quote from: Pappy on January 22, 2011, 10:25:27 PM
WOW!!!! THIS is a GREAT Idea, best idea since the concept of fixed ammunition... Wonder what it will take to roll it out... Sure seems like a change for the better, A change worth making. Pappy
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Castle Mountain

Yankeedutch?

And this one just might be for you guys :)

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: Yankeedutch on January 21, 2011, 09:52:32 PM
Hey CM,

Maybe it's time for a T-shirt re-creation.  Something that has simplicity and precision.

Dutch

Castle Mountain

Cyclops WY

Boonie hat? Have at it. We all bought our own. However this defeats the countless hours that have
been made to develop this effort. The focus is branding and improving the program. Its a marketing thing. O0

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: Cyclops WY on January 21, 2011, 09:53:57 PM

Just my .05 cents.

Skin cancer sucks.

Cyclops

mtmisfit

Quote from: Castle Mountain on January 22, 2011, 11:43:12 PM

Cyclops WY

Boonie hat? Have at it. We all bought our own. However this defeats the countless hours that have
been made to develop this effort. The focus is branding and improving the program. Its a marketing thing. O0

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: Cyclops WY on January 21, 2011, 09:53:57 PM

Just my .05 cents.

Skin cancer sucks.

Cyclops

I'm with Cyclops on this one, I much prefer the boonie hats.

I'm not much for wearing a hat as advertising, or wearing a hat at all unless it is needed. Being ex-military wearing a hat indoors is taboo, seeing others do it still strikes a nerve. Not enough respect to remove their hat when entering a building.

Lastly, that hat looks way to much like Fidel Castro/Cuban military for me to ever want to wear one. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/cuba/7980936/Fidel-Castro-dons-trademark-military-cap-and-clothing.html

YMMV
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

Pappy

The Boonie hats are the better idea... my 2 cents, Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Wheeler44

I'll throw two more cents in the pot for a boonie...

Actually I much prefer my Filson waxed canvas "Bush hat", It has a broad brim and is waterproof.

Shown in this AAR photo. ETA; under my red hat of course.
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Ewald

I concur that this is not a cap I personally would wear, but I can totally see Castle Mountian in it.

CM, are planning on screen printing or embroidering this design? Have you tried a sew out? Speaking as a guy with a fair amount of experience in textile graphic design, I can see some issues in hooping this design on that hat for sew out.

If you do go the embroidery route, try to get the digitized design in a common format (Tajima, Melco, Wilcom...). Then pretty much anyone can download the design, take it to their local shop, and have personal items embroidered without paying for the individual digitizing.