News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

March 1500

Started by yellowhousejake, January 18, 2011, 08:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

The next show is March 19-20 and we would like to have a table since it is so close to Patriot's Day. This is a big deal and could make for sold out shoots that weekend. Unfortunately some folks got things like shoots to run.

So we need to know and we need to know this week if we can staff a table and make it worth the money to reserve.

If you can work the table that weekend, please let me know ASAP so we can decide to write the check or not. I think we need at least two people per day, and someone to set up Friday afternoon if possible.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

I can cover Saturday or Sunday.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

SPQR

I reckon Ol TBE and I can handle Sat or Sun.  I will take whichever one AB doesn't want and that just leaves Friday.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

hawkhavn

It looks like that Friday happens to be my day off...or was!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

AuntieBellum

Quote from: SPQR on January 18, 2011, 09:03:56 PM
I reckon Ol TBE and I can handle Sat or Sun.  I will take whichever one AB doesn't want and that just leaves Friday.

Either one.  I think it depends more on who is available when to cover with me.

TBE

Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

yellowhousejake

Can we get AB help on Sunday and Hawk help on Friday?

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

Am I right in this so far?

Friday is Hawk

Saturday is TBE and SPQR (the wise and beneficent)

Sunday is AB and stschil

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

yellowhousejake

Hawk needs help folks!

YHJ

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Anyone gonna step up to help Hawk?  It wouldn't be nice of us to leave him there all alone - it's really hard to take a potty break with an M1 with you, I'm guessing.   ;)

I could TRY to take Friday off of work to help out then instead, but would anyone be available to take my Sunday spot?

hawkhavn

AB,

No need to do that, I am certain someone will pop up.
If not, Friday is the short day and I have done it once or twice solo...   :)

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

AuntieBellum

Quote from: hawkhavn on January 20, 2011, 10:09:36 PM
AB,

HH

Oke doke.  Offer is still open.  I'm flexible.  :)

yellowhousejake

Providing nothing weird pops up, Gus has your back. He said he would be happy to work the booth with Hawk Friday night.

I think we have a plan.

YHJ

Quote from: AuntieBellum on January 20, 2011, 10:32:29 PM
Quote from: hawkhavn on January 20, 2011, 10:09:36 PM
AB,

HH

Oke doke.  Offer is still open.  I'm flexible.  :)

YHJ

stschil

I can probably sneak out of work a bit early on that Friday and help with the afternoon/evening attendees.   Just let me know.
"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author

IndyGunworks

I can do friday, and saturday.... although my outfit will be complete by then, and i sure do want to shoot.   YHJ  let me know where you would prefer me to be.... i can do friday at the 1500, and saturday in cloverdale.  that would be the best for me, since jamie would get another chance at rifleman saturday, and i can begin working towards my 250

AuntieBellum

BUMP - Just a reminder that the 1500 is THIS weekend!  Time to get my shopping list elevator speech together!   @)

stschil

Signed up for Sunday and bringing the Crosseyed Lacky (Abby) as bait a representative for the younger generation.  But, having been on the road for a month, I've kind of lost touch.   Can anyone help me with times we are to be there, how we are to get in, etc?

AuntieBellum

Friday 2-8
Saturday 8-6
Sunday 9-4

To get in: Find a door.   ;D

Ok, but seriously: Find a door.   ??? you say?

I've found all sorts of different ways in.  I've haggled my way in the front door and promised to come back with my Exhibitor badge (all of
which will be under the table) to prove it.  I've also simply walked right in through the back door.  I guess I look pretty harmless - no one seems to question me much.   @)

I always come prepared to pay the entrance fee, though, on the off-chance that I'm not so lucky one of these times. 

Looking forward to working with you both on Sunday!  And for Abby - I have a special surprise for her.   ;)

TBE

OK, so SPQR and I will arrive at the 1500 tomorrow (sat) morning before the show starts and work it till it closes.  Does anyone have anything to add/advise?
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

yellowhousejake

Just spoke to Hawk and everything is going well. The video seems to be attracting attention, even with as little SPQR as it has. Heaven help us if he had more air time, we would need more ranges. The video is set to loop, thanks JayPea, so just fire it up and let it run. There is a remote to control the volume of the TV, the dvd player just needs started.

I printed schedules on the back of 500 Riflegirl fliers and there is a case of tri-folds. I omitted most all other random fliers in an effort to have everything look consistent with the national vision to be used at the larger events. I'd like to get a Riflegirl banner made by the next 1500 as well...

Amy can take everything home with her Sunday and I will get it back eventually.

YHJ

YHJ

stschil

Quote from: AuntieBellum on March 18, 2011, 08:17:45 AM
Friday 2-8
Saturday 8-6
Sunday 9-4

To get in: Find a door.   ;D

Ok, but seriously: Find a door.   ??? you say?

I've found all sorts of different ways in.  I've haggled my way in the front door and promised to come back with my Exhibitor badge (all of
which will be under the table) to prove it.  I've also simply walked right in through the back door.  I guess I look pretty harmless - no one seems to question me much.   @)

I always come prepared to pay the entrance fee, though, on the off-chance that I'm not so lucky one of these times. 

Looking forward to working with you both on Sunday!  And for Abby - I have a special surprise for her.   ;)

Thanks AB!!   Will see you tomorrow!

SPQR

TBE and i had a good day.  We decided to be LES aggressive in grabbing folks and talking to them and we both agreed that it was probably better than the usual tactics we used.  We had a tons of folks stop and talk and had better conversations with them.  Lots of folks  are showing interest in Indy area shoots, the Nashville shoot next weekend, and are continuing to show interest in northern indiana shoots.  Riflegirl fliers with the schedule on the back are great.  CMP brochures were a hot ticket.  We need more ladyseed stuff.  The Jewelry behind us was interesting.

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

AuntieBellum

Another great show.  This wasn't as packed and crazy as the last one, so it was a lot easier to actually talk to people.  The video was great and attracted some attention, especially from kids.  The stschil family did a great job with their elevator speeches - thank you!  The billboards are attracting some attention and driving people to the website and the table.  Talked to a couple people with leads on ranges, so hopefully we'll hear something back on those.  I do love having the schedule on the back of the riflegirl fliers - very popular - only a few were left at the end of the weekend.
And I have one of those necklaces from a few shows back.  Not the the ones with the petals - those look sharp and ouchy. 

yellowhousejake

Thanks all for the hard work, was it as hot and stuffy in the barn as it was cold and blustery in Rochester? CMP brochures are over, they will no longer be sending them to us. What we have, is what we have.

Why more ladyseed stuff? Were there questions directly pertaining to ladyseed? I ask because I specifically wanted to use the RG fliers and the tri-folds matching the billboards and video, so there was a better appearance of a National, unified, consistent advertising program.  While it was necessary at one time and it worked, I want to get away from looking like we print up everything in our basements on inkjet printers.

Possibly we can get a ladyseed insert using the new colors/layout to retain that consistent theme we are using Nationally. Maybe we design a "report" or "Indiana News" around that to wrap the ladyseed, CMP, and military shoot information in.

I want a RG banner for the booth next time.

All three of my rifles are wet, I'm tired...

YHJ

YHJ

stschil

Yes, yes, yes...It was a good show.  I liked the fact that it wasn't buttholes to elbows, it gave us more time to talk to folks without having them jostled and jolted around.
  The video was a good eye catcher.  I saw many people starting to pass by until they saw the vid.  Then the heads turned and Abby, AB and I would 'move in for the kill'   ;)
  The Riflegirl flyer is awesome!   Although, I had to admit that I didn't notice the girl at first....(Is that saying something about me? ++) ) The scedule on the back was a great addtion as well.   O0 to whomever had that idea, for sure.

One gentleman threw me for a loop, and totally sent my elevator screamind downward, though.   I am still flabbergasted at what he said.   "I only want to shoot highpower for long range, I don't see anything in this program that will help me"........I was stumped.  Now I'm just amused at the ignorance of proper marksmanship fundementals.   AB gave me some good pointers, but I figured out my own.   I handed the next guy one of Hawkhavn's cards with the 4 MOA square and said "Great!, then you should have no problem posting this 1 inch square at 25 yards, then putting 5 rounds in the black with your eyes closed, right?"  That stopped him in his tracks.  He admitted he didn't think he could and I told him we can show him how and proceeded to talk about NPOA.   He took the national flyer, Riflegirl, and the business card! 

SPQR

We had two Ladyseed fliers and handed them both out.  (If there were more fliers for ladyseed i didn't find them).  We had, i think, about five women that stopped by that were interested in the concept.  The riflegirl fliers do work, and they are a great handout.  When individual women stop by, though, and show interest in an all woman event I kinda want to package a ladyseed flier with their RG flier and a trifold.  If I had had ten ladyseed fliers that would have been too many, just saying two was too few.

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

AuntieBellum

Oh, yeah, I had more to say.  I crashed when I got home last night and didn't finish anything I needed to.

Anyway, the ultra-awesome INGO mods were a delight to chat with and looked especially striking in their fancy Appleseed t-shirts.   ;D  Lars and Pami said that during the next show to bring some tri-folds over for them to pass out, too.  They also need to know where our table is at at the beginning of each day (since they work in shifts like we do).  That way when everyone keeps asking, they know where to point!   And, they're thinking about new INGO swag - ears are one idea, and I assured Pami that if they go with something cheap that I'm sure some Appleseed peeps will be willing to pick some up as loaners and to subtly help promote INGO. 

Also - how did we draw the short stick with table placement?  That pole was...well...I'll just say that it was frustrating - my other words for it are not appropriate.

And I hope the banner was meant to be fully taken down and folded...'cause it wouldn't fit in my truck any other way.  I made sure to leave the zip ties on the long side, though, so there are fewer to replace for the next show.

hawkhavn

Well, it is usually rolled not folded...  :)

The only good thing about that pole was it made for convenient power!

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

AuntieBellum

Quote from: hawkhavn on March 21, 2011, 09:29:09 PM
Well, it is usually rolled not folded...  :)

The only good thing about that pole was it made for convenient power!

HH

You mean I wasn't supposed to wad it up in a haphazard ball and shove it in the bin?   >:D  I promise to run out to my truck and roll it up pretty tonight.

And it was nice to have power close by - the awesomeness of the video made up for the silly pole.   O0

TBE

I thought we had a great location. 
We talked to LOTS of interested people. 
I think the show got us shooters and will help us close a deal on a range or two.