News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville Shoot Mar 26-27

Started by stschil, March 23, 2011, 10:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stschil

I just checked the pre registration #'s and this shoot is nearly full!!   ^:)^
Plus,,, I'm fairly confindent that I've 7th stepped a co-worker into attending on Sat ( A complete Novice shooter, I called her this AM and told her to sign up now to reserve her spot on the line) and one other co-worker who's been to several just told me his plans may have shifted for the weekend, leaving him the opportunity to attend as well.

I'm calling you all out. ~~:)   @@) We are so close to having a Full line of 28 Shooters.   Help us fill up and have a great first official spring shoot!  :sos:

FYI:  I will have at least one .22 loaner rifle available if someone needs it.  Plus my AR if someone wants to bring the ammo.  Oh yeah, Gander has AE223 for 29.99 a box after rebate
"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author

TBE

I am pumped. It should be a good shoot. 

Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

stschil

Quote from: TBE on March 23, 2011, 06:48:37 PM

It will be good to finally meet you!   :)

techres

It is going to ROCK!

I know who several of our shooters are and they are going to be a ball to have with us.  The range is a very fun one and the instructors who have signed on are top of the line.

Gear is loading up into vehicles, steel targets painted for KD, and the shoot box is already burst open to spread some more promo!

And none of that even mentions the range, which is really, really pretty...

Looking forward to all of it,
Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

POC

Wish I could make it, but work requires I be here....
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

TBE

Quote from: stschil on March 23, 2011, 07:48:32 PM
Quote from: TBE on March 23, 2011, 06:48:37 PM

It will be good to finally meet you!   :)

I look forward to meeting and working with you too! 
Indiana has an awesome crew and it is no accident we are growing like wildfire.

Regarding gear:
I'm bringing one loaner 10/22 with scope and sling.

Also, remember to dress for the weather.  It's likely to be wet, cool, and blustery.  I'm going to make a special effort to dig up rain gear and a wind shell.

See you folks at the range!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

SPQR

I have your frog toggs.  They are freshly washed and dried (by hanging of course) and packed up ready to go.  I shall be in bibs with a chance of jacket should things be chilly.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

stschil

Quote from: SPQR on March 24, 2011, 12:49:31 PM
I have your frog toggs.  They are freshly washed and dried (by hanging of course) and packed up ready to go. I shall be in bibs with a chance of jacket should things be chilly.
[/color]

I'll be wearing my lucky underwear  ;D

browncofiddler

I signed up for this event, but after reading what I'll need to go to it - I think I bit off more than I could chew...   I'm a RANK beginner.   I thought this was an instructional event something like 'Guns for Dummies' that would start at square one and teach gun safety, how to hold the gun, sight it, the best way to shoot and that sort of thing.   I didn't realize that people are trying to achieve their badges and advanced shooting is going on.   I'm not sure anyone would even want to deal with someone like me, so lacking in any gun skills.   But, that's why I wanted to go - so I could learn.   

Think I'll go, but will ask whether this weekend was even designed for people (women) who can't shoot yet?   As a beginner, it's kind of overwhelming just looking at the list of needed items to bring.   

Hoping for the best.    :-[

techres

Browncofiddler,

If you show up with next to nothing, you will be fine.  If you show up with a trunk full of junk, you will be fine.

Mostly, just come.  You'll be fine.

I am the director for the shoot this weekend and there will be a great mix of people there from complete "never shot before" shooters to some very experienced shooters.  Everyone will learn and everyone will be just fine.

If you would, be sure to introduce yourself in the morning to me.  I will have on a green hat and otherwise am the older, dumpy, bearded greyish guy amongst all the youthful ones.

I will be happy to keep an extra special eye on you throughout the weekend,
Techres

Quote from: browncofiddler on March 25, 2011, 10:15:23 PM
I signed up for this event, but after reading what I'll need to go to it - I think I bit off more than I could chew...   I'm a RANK beginner.   I thought this was an instructional event something like 'Guns for Dummies' that would start at square one and teach gun safety, how to hold the gun, sight it, the best way to shoot and that sort of thing.   I didn't realize that people are trying to achieve their badges and advanced shooting is going on.   I'm not sure anyone would even want to deal with someone like me, so lacking in any gun skills.   But, that's why I wanted to go - so I could learn.   

Think I'll go, but will ask whether this weekend was even designed for people (women) who can't shoot yet?   As a beginner, it's kind of overwhelming just looking at the list of needed items to bring.   

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

yellowhousejake

You are exactly who we want to come to an Appleseed! Everything Techres said is true, you have some of our states best instructors on hand, you will be fine.

We all learned to shoot for the first time somewhere. I have been on a lot of ranges in 30+ years, you could not have picked a better place to start.

Don't worry, go, learn a new skill, learn some history, have a good time.

YHJ

Quote from: browncofiddler on March 25, 2011, 10:15:23 PM

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

browncofiddler

OK!  Thanks for the encouragement guys.   I'll look for you techres, I'm no spring chicken either.   I should have grey hair, but for some unknown reason I don't!! I have shoulder length hair, bangs & glasses.  And a .22.   I'll look for a green hat & a grey beard!!! 

See you in the mornin'....

:))

Niecie

Quote from: browncofiddler on March 25, 2011, 10:15:23 PMI'm not sure anyone would even want to deal with someone like me, so lacking in any gun skills.   But, that's why I wanted to go - so I could learn.   

Please do come out to shoot!! That is why we are here...to help you learn. Many of the folks that come out have not shot before. Not necessarily a determent, either. I have seen a couple of women that have not shot before make Rifleman by Sunday afternoon.

Come out and enjoy some history, some of the greatest folks on the planet, and learn to shoot to boot!
Niecie 

AuntieBellum

Kathy - I just replied to your post on INGO.  Don't be nervous - I know you'll have a great time, and you have a terrific bunch of instructors just waiting to work with you this weekend!  I'm certain you'll learn everything you're hoping to plus a whole lot more.   O0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

browncofiddler

I'll be happy to learn anything they can teach me.   I'll be far better off than I was before I came - that's for sure! 

Maybe it's a tiny bit easier to teach someone who hasn't developed any bad habits yet or knows nothing as opposed to trying to teach someone who thinks they know it ALL!! 

I'll just do my best and will let it all sink in and will try to remember everything.   I know there's so much to take in and learn.   I just wasn't sure this event was designed for people who aren't shooters yet, but want to learn as much as they can about it.   I thought maybe it was for those who are more advanced.   

I'll go and am sure it will be a good experience.   I really appreciate all of the encouragement too - thanks!

Kathy

POC

...and I'm put on call from work today...
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.