News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

!!! March 12-14, 2011 - Gibsonburg, OH Instructor Boot Camp !!!

Started by MeanStreaker, January 17, 2011, 11:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

:~ :~ :~   Announcing the Inaugural Gibsonburg IBC :~ :~ :~

Thank you to the Sandusky County Sportsmans Club for generously hosting an IBC on March 12-14!

An IBC is a great mechanism for all current Instructors to come together, refine our understanding of the Appleseed material, shake off any winter rust, improve how we each teach the lessons to our students, get a better understanding of Known Distance, learn rifle familiarization with many different platforms, and much more!  This is really the way to get a leg up and move up that Instructor ladder!  Which we really need to meet our 2011 goals.  Bring a pen, notebook, and a good sense of humor!  An IBC consists of three full days of classroom learning... but it's also an event not to be missed for enjoying the company of your fellow teammates and recharging your batteries with camaraderie to gear up for the 2011 Appleseed season.  

You'll have all the creature comforts of home and experience some of the best Trail hospitality found anywhere.  There are modern restrooms and Lisa and her team have graciously agreed to provide their top-notch culinary skills!!!    :bow:

Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch/dinner, and Monday breakfast/lunch..... all of that for whatever you are able to donate!

You can roll out a sleeping mat in the clubhouse on a first come, first served basis (see below).  Otherwise, this is a great opportunity to test out your (semi) cold weather Rifleman gear and sleep outside.
 Please keep in mind there will be many in the clubhouse and perhaps their bedtimes may differ from yours.  :))

Hopefully all Ohio Instructors and teammates from our neighboring states will join us on March 12-14.  The Event Information Page with directions and more can be found Here.  (If by chance you can't make it, please try to attend the Athens IBC on Feb 19-21.)

To Register:

1) Please PM MeanStreaker to reserve your spot.  If staying on site, let me know if you will be sleeping inside or outside the clubhouse.  The club has requested this information ahead of time, so we really need to know.

2) Please PM Lisa to RSVP either way if you will be partaking in the meals.

3) Please sign up via the Eventbrite registration page: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1213931903

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I'll see you there!

Thanks!

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Lisa

This is going to be AWESOME !!!! Have a nice menu planned also  ..:.. :D :~ So let's fill up our clubhouse with this IBC, then we can fill the lines for the shoots.

MeanStreaker

Bump!  Who else is getting excited?!?! 

^:)^
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Lisa

I am and the menu is nice  :D.  I have only had a few replies for who is staying in the club house and eating the meals. I need to know so we know how much food needs to be prepared!!!

Lisa

BTT............. Ok all to date we have 20 people who have contacted me about either staying at the clubhouse or not and the meals. We are getting close here just a couple of weeks away now. There is plenty of sleeping room IN the club house. Plus we have a nice menu that The Kitchen Committee has put together for this IBC.

SCSC has pop for $1 a can that will be available, there are also chips, peanuts, slim jims, peanuts, and candy bars that are anywhere from .25 - .75 each. coffee will be with meals and after meals a donation.

There will however be water available all day, unless you want bottled water then it is $1 each. There will also be either Tang or Lemonaide to drink, we have not decided on what one yet.

Yes Slim, CHOCOLATE will be here............... ..:..

Lisa

BTT - Who is counting the days? Who is getting excited? We still have pleanty of space !! And remember this will help get you back into the spin for the season. April is just around the corner and you want to be top notch for the BIG shoot in April don't you? We haven't heard from a lot of you. This is the last IBC scheduled in Ohio before the Big Shoot in April. Let's get it together !!! We are on a roll here, lets not stop that roll :)

Lisa

Ok......... Who wants a peek at the menu?
Who is getting excited about this?
Who hasn't signed up that is coming?
Well, I know there is still a lot of our Ohio crew that hasn't signed up yet, what's wrong with that? We have Mi and Il and some of out Ohio crew, where's the rest of everybody at?
Who is arriving on Fri night? What time are you arriving, so we can be sure there is a club member there to let you in the gate? I have only gotten an arrival time from RNE and his family at this point.
If anybody needs to put insulin in a fridge let me know when you get here and PLEASE have your name on it as mine will be there also and we don't want to mix it up.
DangerousD- no problem with what you assumed, just talk to me only about it!! That is taken care of.
I am still waiting on confirmation about the optional service for Sunday morning, if our normal person can not do it, do I have a volunteer to do it, as my back up person has not gotten back with me either?
See everybody in a few days............
BTW anybody wanting to go to Camp Perry, remember they are not open on Monday. Double check their web site for their Friday hours !!!

Well, here goes. I will tease you a bit...........

**JUICE- with breakfast
*DRINKS- tang & water-all day
***POP-AVAILABLE FOR $1.00 a can at all times thru the SCSC...
***COFFEE-with meals after meals donation to SCSC...
***SNACKS-candy bars .75, chips .50, peanuts & slim jims .25 at all times thru the SCSC

Saturday Breakfast - Sausage links & patties, eggs, hash browns, pancakes, fruit, juice, and coffee

Lunch- grilled cheese, veggie tray & dip, homemade veggie soup, drink

Dinner- Swedish meatballs, noodles & mashed potatoes, salad, greenbeans with bacon and potatoes, drink

Sunday Breakfast- Biscuit & gravy, hash browns,eggs, fruit, juice, coffee

Lunch- Chili, frito's,corn casserole, hot dogs with condiments, drink.

Dinner- Meatloaf, rolls, salad, baked potatoes, drink

Monday Breakfast- fruit, breakfast casserole, juice, coffee

Lunch- drink and we are undecided at this point

Dinner- Sorry you will be on your own for Monday's dinner.

The drinks that are included with meals are COFFEE, WATER, TANG. The pop will be available if you want that, it is $1 like stated above for each can, as it belongs to SCSC. There is also bottled water for $1 a bottle if you do not want the water that will be in the Igloo. Once meals are over then coffe is as stated above by donation. The Tang will be avavilabe as stated above all day long and in an Igloo.

SCSC has a snacks rack that has the items listed above also. Those will be available all day long also.

If I am understanding correctly Meanstreaker wants to start at 8am, so I will have breakfast available from 7am until 8am. Lunch will be ready to serve noonish as long as that works with MS schedule, and dinner will be ready 530ish if that works with MS. If you want to change the lunch and dinner times MS let me know!!

Lisa

Ok here goes............. Let me know if I have missed anybody or have sleeping arrangements wrong.....

Staying at SCSC either inside or camping out, remembering it is PRIMITIVE and you CAN stay in the clubhouse....MeanStreaker, Birdman, Mr. Happy, Louie,  Nurse Ratchet, Goldfish, Lyberty, GreenLight, RNE, Lilbit, Grindstone, Poster Boy, Superheat.

Staying elsewhere........... Badelve, DangerousD, Emma, Matthew, KAH, Beaker,Gordon, Third Degree, Headhunter, BlackSwampBecky, Blindman, Miki, Ryan.

Possible others............ Luna, Dinky.

I am only human and if I have missed anyone I am sorry !!! There is still pleanty of room inside !!! I have planned for each one of you attending for meals... See you in a few days, and remember IF you are choosing to camp out, it will probably be muddy and cold, except for the one with a camper, and there are NO hookups for a camper, so that may be cold also.

For those of you staying at SCSC and arriving on Friday I need an approx. arrival time so I can have a club member present to get you in the gate and into the club house.

I know RNE, GreenLight, Lilbit, Lyberty will be arriving 8-9 pm. Be safe on the drive here... MeanStreaker 10ish.... Birdman 630ish..... Nurse Ratchet 7ish.... Louie 630ish... Goldfish either with RNE or Nurse Ratchet..... Superheat Sat am..

I will be at the club house by 6:30 on Friday eve, as that is the earliest arrival time I have recieved.

KAH

Lisa:
Thanks to you and your "crew" at GBurg.  The facilities were wonderful, and the food spectacular, as always.  We appreciate the planning, hard work, and behind the scenes logistics that went into the success of the event.

We look forward to seeing you folks again (several times!) this year at future AS events.

kah
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Ratchett

To the board and members of SCSC, 
THANK YOU for opening your range and club house to Ohio Appleseeders and 'seedeers from neighboring states. Your hospitality is second to none and greatly appreciated. We were able to have the best IBC and accomplished much toward the fight of liberty.

Gene, thank you for the Sunday morning service, it opened many avenues of discussion during our history session, very thought provoking!

Sue, Becky, and Mary, thank you for all your hard work in the kitchen and helping keep us well fed.

Lisa, Troy, and Ryan, what can I say--- you guys are amazing. Thank you for all your hard work in setting this in motion and making it happen. Thank you for all the meal planning,cooking---definitely no easy task, the food was delicious! I greatly appreciate everything you do. I am only sorry this was the first time I was able to make it to Gibsonburg, promise it will not be the last.

In His Grip,
Ratchett (AKA Julia)

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Grindstone

Wow,

What an informative weekend! Thank you to everyone involved for making it happen.

Eric Hutchenreuther
(Grindstone)

MeanStreaker

Thanks Eric for getting some pics of the fun stuff.  I'll post up the few I took from the rest of the weekend in our AAR thread going here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21411.0

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend.
--Thomas Paine