News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC Gibsonburg, OH March 12-14

Started by MeanStreaker, March 14, 2011, 06:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Thanks to everyone for a great three days.

There's nothing better than being in a room with 25+ people you care about, all working towards the same goal.  O0
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Ratchett

This was absolutely the best IBC!!! Great instruction, great discussions, and awesome people!

Thanks to all the SB/RHs for taking the time and effort to care!

MeanStreaker, thank you for your leadership and all your thought and planning in making this an IBC to remember--- it' s a 50 cal now right ;)

To all my fellow IITs you guys are an awesome group and I cannot wait to work the line with you.

Lisa, it is about time you put that blue hat on O0 thanks to you and Troy, and the rest of your crew for all your hard work in making this happen at SCSC.

Strength and Faith til we meet on the trail...

In His Grip,
Ratchett (AKA Julia)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

posterboy

Awesome event !

Great to see old and new faces alike but was even better was the improvement everyone showed !!! Huzzah

As for Lisa & Troy.... well....they have been Applecore for the last 3 years at SCSC well before the term even was coined. A deep thank you as always.

see you all on the trail.

pb

Beaker

This was my first event since taking on an orange hat last September.

Wow, this was aboslutely phenomenal.

So, much information to take in, it was well worth the three days.
The instruction was great; and even though it was a lot to take in, it was not overwhelming.

Very, very well done.

And a big thank you to all that made it possible (especially Lisa, Troy and Ryan from SCSC)

Beaker

GoldFish

Wow, just wow!!!  Being in a room with 25+ like-minded Americans will make anyone's weekend great.  To all of the IIT's and RH's present, thank you for coming to the boot camp, and I can't wait to work on the line with you soon. :cool2:

MeanStreaker, thank you so much for heading up and running this event; Ohio has one heck of a leader in charge.  Enough cannot be said of this.

To the SCSC, particularly Lisa, Troy, and Ryan, THANK YOU for hosting this event and cooking for us all!!! :bow:  You definitely made me want to come back. O0  

Thanks Posterboy, for giving me the full Black Swamp Welcome. >:D ^-^

Great event!  Thanks to all...

Stay the Course,
---GF

And remember, ever American should own a .50 caliber semi-auto rifle, because you just never know. ;D
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

posterboy

What's 500 yrds and some 7.62x51 amongst friends Goldfish.....glad you had fun

pb

Lisa

First I want to thank everyone who came for making this a success. Something we can take back to our Board of Directors at SCSC !!!!

Mike, Thanks for the hard work you have put into AS and the time you are away from Joanna for AS.. A huge thanks goes to her also!!!!1

A huge thanks goes to those who were around for the clean up after the IBC was over !! Two of our board Members who came as you were leaving to go out to the 500 yrd range were impressed with the reset up.. Thanks to all who were there for that !!

Mike N., Thanks for being the club member to stay at the club with everyone on Fri and Sat night to make this possible, then to Gordon for Sun night.

Emma, Thanks for coming into the kitchen and asking if there was anything you could do to help !! That is awesome from a young one your age!!!

Julia, Thanks for saving my butt when I over slept because someone didn't reset the clock but set the alarm for Sun morning with the time change !!! Now who didn't do the clock, but did the alarm?  We won't mention any names here, but we will laugh about it for years to come !!

David, I hope your mama didn't worry to much about you while you were here. I know I was worried sick when I let Ryan go off for the 1st few times to events that I couldn't be at. Just a mom thing I guess. I am glad you kept your belly full :). I am glad you had the chance to shoot on the 500, and glad you enjoyed it. I never did hear the results, just i think everybody got a hit. Did you make the PING ?? What was your reaction to it?

Overall, thanks to everyone who could make it, the "old" and the "new".. I am sorry we did not have many of the others who had planned to attend and had something come up and had to back out at the last minute. They missed something complete awesome..

OK, now all that were here get back to work, put into practice the things you learned, and get your PC done for the next event !!!

I was asked by one if I was ready to cook like that for a group that size for and entire week, then the weekend to follow for a RBC ? Let me answer that question right now, I have a strong Kitchen Committee at SCSC, and I would have to talk it over with them before I would committ to that, the IBC took a toll on me. However, I was there the entire time, and did not have many of the crew take any of the weight off my shoulders. If I would allow that to happen, and break away for part of it, yes I would be ready to do it. Now we have other things to get into place before we talk RBC here. Is it possible yes, with some work to be done, and some other things would have to happen also before we could talk about it.

Now honestly, get back to work on those PC's and keeping up your skills for the shoots, work on your DOM & History !!

Dangerous D

Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it a great weekend (Redhats, Lisa (and crew), SCSC, etc) and equally as important for those that make it happen by supporting those that were there (spouses at home with or without kids, etc).  It was great to get good solid review and practice as we move forward into the rest of the year.  What a great learning environment with abundant opportunity to learn from others.  Sounds like we missed the really fun part on Monday.  I'm looking forward to working with everyone soon :) 

MeanStreaker

For any attendee that wants a copy of my Powerpoint deck and the handouts, send me your email address and I'll get them to you.

A few pics I snapped:

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

MeanStreaker

And once again Posterboy wins the fashion award for his My Little Ponies of the Apocalypse. :)

--Thomas Paine

GoldFish

Quote from: Lisa on March 15, 2011, 05:53:54 PM
David, I hope your mama didn't worry to much about you while you were here. I know I was worried sick when I let Ryan go off for the 1st few times to events that I couldn't be at. Just a mom thing I guess. I am glad you kept your belly full :). I am glad you had the chance to shoot on the 500, and glad you enjoyed it. I never did hear the results, just i think everybody got a hit. Did you make the PING ?? What was your reaction to it?

Let's just say that she was happy to see me Monday evening. :)
Oh yes, like you said, if I left that weekend hungry, it was MY problem!

Thanks so much, Gordon, Posterboy, and the other club members for letting me shoot your 500 yard range!  A greatly enjoyed experience that I will not soon forget.
With my AR, I did pretty well; with the M1 and M1A, I could have done better...a lot better, but I still had a great time.  Thanks, PB, for showin' me the ropes, and thanks to all who let me shoot their rifles!

Absolutely, Posterboy certainly does win the best fashion award.  Man, when he walked in with that on...it took me a while to stop laughing. **)  THAT is good stuff! 
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Miki

Thank you all (once again) for the warm Buckeye hospitality.

Thanks to the SCSC for letting us use their wonderful facility. I'd never been in the clubhouse. It's NICE! Lisa, thanks for keeping us well fed. And special thanks for all the veggies and applesauce....yummy!

Reports of how well run the event was run got back to Michigan before I did. As we're getting up and running in Michigan it is very nice to have access to the instruction you offer. The fact that you welcome with open arms your neighbors to the north is much appreciated. You are all welcome to head north to a shoot anytime!

The only negative (and this is on me) I got up this morning and was thinking it was Monday. After all that is what comes after a weekend of Appleseeding! It wasn't till I looked at my calendar at work that I realized it was Tuesday and I'd forgotten to put the trash out for pick up. Ah well, so long as I don't make that mistake again next week all will be well.

Ratchett

Hi guys! Just thought I would let you all know that at 2:30 today I became the absolute proud owner of a M1Garand from CMP.  ^:)^ **) ^:)^ ..:.. ^:)^

Troy, thanks again for taking me over to the CMP store!

IHG,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Superheat

Nurse,
I am truly jealous.  It apears I missed out on the fun at the 500 yd range :(.  Next time you guys wont be so lucky.  I'll be there until the end.
It was nice to meet our neighbors to the south.  We can learn a lot from you.
Thanks again
Superheat.

ilium

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on March 16, 2011, 11:07:46 PM
Hi guys! Just thought I would let you all know that at 2:30 today I became the absolute proud owner of a M1Garand from CMP.  ^:)^ **) ^:)^ ..:.. ^:)^

Troy, thanks again for taking me over to the CMP store!

IHG,
Ratchett

So glad you got it. Wasn't nothing to go there. I wanted to go anyways.

Have you shot it yet?