News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Tri-fold Correction Labels

Started by Blue Five, January 09, 2011, 11:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Five

Fellow Appleseeders;

Aftermath enlisted me for a project that involved coming up with someway to correct the "outdated" prices on the tri-fold brochures.  I have come up with a solution that involves using a label...that looks pretty darn good if I may say so myself ;)

What is required is an Avery pack of labels that says on the packaging "Use Avery Template 8160" and Microsoft Office Word.  

Once you have those two things, it is easy.  Simply put the labeling paper in the printer and open up the attached document here and print.  This may take up quite a bit of ink once you get past a few pages of these labels, so be sure to have an extra ink cartridge or two.  

After the labels are printed, simply stick the label over the "$45" and "FREE" rows on the pricing section of the tri-fold.  This label will not go from one end to the other, but you should try to cover up the two rows of text as best you can.  

If you have any questions, either drop me a PM or send an email to BlueFive.wi@gmail.com.

Hope this works for all of you!

B5

[Edit for merging]
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Blue Five

Here is a picture of how it should look after the label is placed on it.

Hope it helps.

B5

[edit-for merging]
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

AFTERMATH

If you don't have MS Office; you have a couple options that I'm aware of:

OpenOffice-Available for free; run a search to find the site.

MS Office Viewer-Available for free. Not sure if you can print from the veiwer; however if you right-click the document you should see the print option available.

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

Well that didn't work too well....  I guess it's back to the previous thread-structure.... :-\
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

slim

Isn't that price just a registration fee? I'd hate for us to lose that selling point of "FREE for women, kids, military, etc." I know it's a minor thing, but tacking a price on there takes away that all-important F-word. People hear FREE and think they're getting a good deal. People hear $10 and would rather stay home and watch Survivor.

If we're listing it as $10 then it's not FREE, it's $10. Can you come up with a sticker that says something to the effect of "Women and under 21 shooters will have a $10 registration fee to cover adminstative costs" or something like "new for 2011, all participants will have a $5 or $10 registration fee. The fee is included in the full price of registration and waived for military, law enforcement and elected officials. Please visit our website for more details."

I don't know the best wording or best way to do it but I think you're going to scare some of the thrifty-minded folks off without that big ol' FREE word on there. 

AFTERMATH

I've considered this...  But even if it's technically a registration fee; well, we're still charging them.  Whether they pre-register or not.
So, it may be misleading to say free; exempting registration fee.  Plus, it just seems too complicated to explain all the techincallities in what is supposed to be a simple fix.  I don't think we can word it without sounding 'gimicky' kinda like when a resort will offer a 'free stay' you just have to sit though thier sales pitch; and pay a reservation fee to ensure an open space....   

We do need to remember, that even with the 'Free' there were still millions staying home to watch survivor. #) :-\

That being said; I am still open to new/better ideas.  I just don't have any. $$-0

slim

SamD

Call it whatever your want, you pay, it isn't free.
Advertise truthfully

Blue Five

Quote from: AFTERMATH on January 16, 2011, 09:40:08 PM
Well that didn't work too well....  I guess it's back to the previous thread-structure.... :-\

What's wrong with it?

POP

This new schedule of prices is too complicated to describe to people.  (Understand don't read into this what I'm not saying.  But, for me it is too complicated to describe to folks.)

So, my solution is just to say that there have been some nominal pricing changes, and to check the forum and EventBrite for the latest information.

I have a radio show to do Wednesday and that's what I will tell'em.

On the flyers I plan to just stick a note on that directs folks to the forum for pricing.

KISS  ^-^

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Old Glory!

All day Sat at the gun show in Waukesha, my spiel included:

women attend an outstanding rifle marksmanship course for two whole days for $10. 

Under 21 years of age attend two days for $5. 

WOW! 

By the looks on their faces, they all thought that was a pretty good deal.

Geez....it's almost free.   ::)

Good work on fixing up the brochures.   

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

hawkhavn

OG,

I did the same thing yesterday at the big Indianapolis gun show.  No one blinked, balked or brought up the old pricing structure.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

sparks1

Ya know....people hear free and wonder what's the catch. When a minimal fee is brought up, they think "What a deal!"

How the sales pitch gurus have shaped the minds of Americans. What a shame.(IMHO)
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Blue Five on January 17, 2011, 06:57:31 PM

What's wrong with it?

Sorry, seems outta context now that I look at it....
I had attempted merging the previous discussion from the gunshow thread, while keeping this at top.
That's why it show's your posts have an edit...  It didn't turn out too well, so I switched it back.

Blue Five

Quote from: AFTERMATH on January 17, 2011, 10:02:56 PM
Quote from: Blue Five on January 17, 2011, 06:57:31 PM

What's wrong with it?

Sorry, seems outta context now that I look at it....
I had attempted merging the previous discussion from the gunshow thread, while keeping this at top.
That's why it show's your posts have an edit...  It didn't turn out too well, so I switched it back.

Ah okay, thought my labels weren't working haha.