News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kankakee GS

Started by Ewald, January 07, 2011, 04:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

**)

Here is a link to the Fairgrounds Websight with one of those fancy map things..

http://www.kankakeefair.org/location.htm

Yoot #1 has a Wrestling Match early, If I can swing it, I may make it out late morning, early afternoon.
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Cooper

G69,

Thanks for the map and the offer to drop in!

I'd love to meet as many IL 'Seeders as possible.  Looks like 2011 will be the year that I go from being a Minnesconsiowan to a Minnesconsiowillraskagander!! [MN/WI/IA/IL/NE/MI]

Sort of a Midwestern "Join or Die" affair...

Coop & Rifledog
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

sparks1

Quote from: Cooper on January 21, 2011, 11:24:32 PM
Checkmate King 2, this is White Rook, over.

Go ahead, White Rook.

Have penetrated into the land of the Illinnoying.
Studies and Observation Group has established secure RON position along with K9 contingent.
Plan dawn assault on objective "K" and will fix local elements in place as the anvil for IN's eastern hammer movement 23Jan.

Little resistance expected as locals are heavily engaged in supplicating their deities for the salvation of their Ursae unit, also facing a Northern onslaught 23Jan on their Soldiering Field.

White Rook out.

White Rook: Hope your RemainOverNight position is secure. Covey will be back tomorrow for sitrep.

Sleep well SOG

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

sparks1

White Rook, White Rook, do you read? >:(

Covey here (engine gunning)

Bright Light ready  :-[ .....will check sitrep at 2200hrs for further instructions.  O0

Do well Coop...Have fun.

(John Maxwell)

dragonfly

I love it when a plan comes together  ;)

D-fly   @)
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Cooper

Checkmate King Two, this is White Rook, over.

Succeeded infiltration and egress of objective "K3" with minimal resistance and no friendly casualties.
T 4F am, 21F pm; overcast at 1.5K; lt sn throughout the day, vis 2K; unable to establish contact with Covey.
K9 contingent successfully countered onslaughts from much larger units and can hold her tail high.

Indigenous agents ewald and 2thdoc assisted in subliminal messaging to Illinnoying attendees to proceed north to Objective Racine for further training.

Curiously, Rifledog attracted much more traffic to the table than the M1 Garand.  I suspect it had something to do with local culinary practices, based on multiple comments regarding "isn't she sweet?" accompanied by lip smacking.  No other Garands observed in the AO at this juncture.

Anticipate strong counterattack at dawn by KD expert from the King George 63rd Regt, will fix in place for AB's eastern hammer maneuver around noon.  Expect that resistance will rapidly dissolve as their vaunted Ursae engage the meat processors from behind the Cheddar curtain.  Will use the diversion to exfil back through the land of Red Arrows and Red Bulls to the frozen north.

RON location secured with Clays and trips.  Watch that seventh step, it's a doozy.

"For those that have almost died, life has a special sweetness that the protected will never know."

White Rook, over and out.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

sparks1

Cooper....LMAO **) **) **) **) **)

Too funny!

Have safe return to "the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun and the hot springs blow."

Covey unable to fly in low visibility like you had. You know the drill...hunker down and wait for extraction, or as usual> make your own way out. O0 Careful ...intel suggests border may be watched and sealed. Illinoisians may want to capture you and use your many talents to further their AS . Sic Rifledog on 'em.

(John Maxwell)

Cooper

Quote from: sparks1 on January 22, 2011, 09:06:16 PM
Covey unable to fly in low visibility like you had. You know the drill...hunker down and wait for extraction, or as usual> make your own way out. O0

Affirmative.  Unlikely that LTC Plaster and team could pull off an exfil under current circumstances.  Anticipate E&E by ground without CAS or indirect fires while in foreign territory.  Hopefully the ritual slaughter of their Ursae on the Soldiering Field will cause distraction from the mission and demoralization.

Quote from: sparks1 on January 22, 2011, 09:06:16 PM
Careful ...intel suggests border may be watched and sealed. Illinoisians may want to capture you and use your many talents to further their AS . Sic Rifledog on 'em.

Intel reliable per indigenous contacts.  Will meet with local village elder known as "The Pappy" and it is predicted that another local Garand Pooba (who apparently employs a very powerful magic for maintaining marital harmony) will also be in attendance for the negotiations.  Thanks be to God, I still have my lucky AN/URC-90 to assist personnel recovery should we be overwhelmed.  Do you think the batteries are still good after 35 years?

"Accomplish the Mission.  Never give up.  Never quit.  Never leave a fallen 'Seeder."

White Rook, over and out.

Garand69

..... Pappy, we better double up on the bore cleaner for this one  >:D ++) >:D
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

AuntieBellum

Show seemed to go well.  The crowd thinned as I wandered in, so maybe next time I'll shower first.   ;D

Had a nice chat with Cooper and George63, though.  Looking forward to seeing you both again on the trail.

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Cooper

So nice to be back in the land of ice and snow... glad to not feel my toes again.

Exfil grueling, will file AAR in next 24hrs.

Ewald

Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes, the this promo event was a huge success. It was great to see new faces on Saturday and sing the praises of Appleseed to a whole new area. All indications are it was the same on Sunday. We made new contacts and reaffirmed old ones. Thanks to Garand for sealing the Bonfield dates in the nick of time. Thanks to Cooper and AuntieBelium for bordering raiding. Thanks to 2thDoc and George63 for rounding out the numbers. Thanks to everyone!

Near the end of Saturday one lady stopped to play the Jackie the Rifle Dog. I told her we teach people to shoot rifles. She was interested. I told her we were all volunteers. She didn't believe it. "What are you really doing?", she asked.

I told her we were a marksmanship and heritage program. I pointed to my t-shirt. I talked about Issac Davis. I talked about April 19th. I told her we are exactly what what are. We are out to save the nation.

She then proceed to tell me how her family immigrated to America when she was a girl. They did so under great duress. They lost everything. Her brother almost died. She never said from where, but her accent, age, and attitude would indicate it was from behind the Iron Curtain. She told me as a naturalized citizen she had a greater appreciation for freedom than most born within these borders. She said, "Thank you for what you are doing!"

All fun and games from this thread aside, we are on a mission. Fourth Appleseed weekend in a row, mission accomplished.

Cooper

ATTENTION!             ATTENTION!         ATTENTION!              ATTENTION!
THIS IS THE LAST IN A SERIES OF "WAR OF THE WORLDS"-STYLE FORUM POSTS, INTENDED FOR TONGUE-IN-CHEEK HUMOR AND ENTERTAINMENT AND IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO DEPICT, REPRESENT OR IMPLY ANY OPERATIONS OF THE APPLESEED PROJECT OR THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION.

IF CAUGHT OR KILLED, FRED WILL DISAVOW ANY KNOWLEDGE OF MY ACTIONS (but hopefully he will see the humor in it and have a little chuckle)

AAR: Border Raid, Objective K3, Land of the Illinnoying

A free GS table was offered for AS use in the Land of Lincoln, but Illinnoying personnel were opting to decline the offer due to core personnel fatigue and inability to appoint volunteers from reserve components.  Appleseed Mission in IL faced compromise and lost opportunity for 7th stepping.  MN-based White Rook boarder raid unit and K9 contingent mobilized to help save the Nation through actions meeting or exceeding Appleseed standards. 
ROE: no fratricide, minimize expenditure of AS resources, humorous harrassment and provocation of guilt in couch-bound 'Seeders allowed within partially-relaxed CPR criteria.

Mission objectives
Save pride of Appleseed Project
7th step at every opportunity, meet Great Lakes Region personnel
Mobilize previously inactive personnel in IL AOR
Secure GS booth supplies from indigenous resources and supplement via AIO
Test MN resources through EDRE (Emergency Deployment Readiness Exercise)
Compensate for lack of available AS shoots in the the northern Midwest AO on a perfectly good weekend of double-digit subzero temperatures

Commander's intent
Tease, taunt and provoke sufficient sense of guilt in Couch-bound IL 'seeders to generate volunteer activity and save face for IL AOR.
Coordinate with indigenous agents to ensure that Natl and IL literature meets or exceeds AS standards for 7th step operations in the GS setting.
Locate and secure a RON position within the region of operations amenable to K9 contingent bivouac.
Exfil AOEmployment, load "Seedmobile" with sufficient supplies for METL, and successfully execute ground insertion under cover of night.
Avoid draconian IL laws that infringe on the 1st and 2nd Amendments rights of American citizens.

OPFOR commander's intent
Keep IL 'seeders on the couch and allow continued erosion of citizen's rights.
Disrupt infil and/or exfil of border raiding party.
Prevent coordination of IL/IN/MN components.
Lull populace into "Chips and Circus" coma through nationally-televised Gladiator contest.

Relevant TTP's
Plan ahead, but prepare to Adapt, Improvise and Overcome.
Accomplish the Appleseed Mission, never give up, never quit, never leave a fallen 'seeder.

Summary of events and key issues:
Veni, vidi, vici, vamoosed after successful GS 7th stepping, no fratricide or friendly casualties.
Volunteer efforts of Ewald, 2thdoc, George63 and IN border raider AuntieBellum combined for effective dissemination of Appleseed Message and AS opportunities throughout the Land of the Illinnoying, while also providing diversion for exfil of MN raiding team.
Successfully met with local Elder "The Pappy," presenting a friendship gift of several rds .50BMG and receiving box of 45cal semi-wads in return.  Given tour of tribal production facilities and resources with only minimal self-humilation by excessive salivation.  Garand Poobah appears to have indulged in excessive bore solvent ingestion and did not arrive at the rendezous location to effect IL's planned prisoner snatch.

Areas of improvement needed
Less than adequate success in mobilizing couch-bound IL 'Seeders, despite use of aggressive harrassment, humiliation and guilt-provocation.  This is likely the result of the IL populace being constantly exposed to aggressive harrassment, humiliation and guilt-provocation by their draconian statutes and civil-disservants.

Closing comments
Overall a very successful operation, with effective face-saving for the Appleseed Project, advancement of the Appleseed Mission through 7th stepping at a busy IL GS, and efficient completion of a MN EDRE.

ATTENTION!             ATTENTION!         ATTENTION!              ATTENTION!
THIS IS THE LAST IN A SERIES OF "WAR OF THE WORLDS"-STYLE FORUM POSTS, INTENDED FOR TONGUE-IN-CHEEK HUMOR AND ENTERTAINMENT AND IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO DEPICT, REPRESENT OR IMPLY ANY OPERATIONS OF THE APPLESEED PROJECT OR THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION.

IF CAUGHT OR KILLED, FRED WILL DISAVOW ANY KNOWLEDGE OF MY ACTIONS (but hopefully he will see the humor in it and have a little chuckle)

sparks1

Well done Cooper and crew!  O0  O0  O0

Followed this thread with delight....I can relate to the Humor cited and did participate same way. Hope all can excuse the lingo bantered back and forth. All meant in good fun.

Coop...I guess the  &) needs to come out to encourage participants in 7th stepping. Sure seems like you did what you could to move some off the couch. I guess the same few people follow the forum and do most the work at AS. Hats off to that percentage.  :bow: I resolve to do more this 2011. Hmmmm...7th stepping at a gunshow (warm, lotsa trinkets to look at) or a Winterseed ( cold, on the ground next to shooters, cold lunch) . It's a toss up .

You are lucky Illinois. The border raiding lives on!

(John Maxwell)

Pappy

Hello Group; Thank You Cooper for your efforts, You are welcome here any time. This thread has been a lot of fun, hope everyone has enjoyed it -- Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..