News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kankakee GS

Started by Ewald, January 07, 2011, 04:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ewald

Many thanks to the kind folks at the Kankakee County Gun Collectors Association. They have given us a complimentary table at their show on January 22 and 23.

It is a bit of haul for me to work a two day show here. Is there anybody who could help with this show?

Ewald

After talking it over with some folks at the IBC we decided to scrub this weekend at Kankakee. A deciding factor was the dates for shoots in Bonfield have yet to be set. We will hit ISRA's backyard hard once those shoot dates are set.

More importantly it would be the third Appleseed weekend in a row for the Northern Illinois GS crew, with Princeton, Waterman, Dupage, and Kane directly following in seceding weekends. We're taking a break.

Patriot Gal

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

colycat

You guys have a free table and there is NO ONE who can man it.  What are all you going to do when there could have 5 appleseeds every weekend?  You all have a big crew in your state and to say we have done stuff every weekend is kinda lame.  Maybe YOU have been doing AS stuff every weekend,  but what about the rest of the crew?

Time to spread the joy,  is it possible?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Castle Mountain

CC

This post should go to Ohio.

Illinois is doing more than many!

If the schedual and range facilities
For that area and protocols no longer
Confirmed for that ISRA range then ?????
..:..
We are large and in charge, East Peoria
Ewald has shown a lot of initiative here O0

Gun Show 02/05 & 02/06 with 20 foot table an eight man team,
Beat that one Wisconsin :DPp

Pappy is our gun show coordinator and  O0wrangler , I defer to him, there is a large agenda here in illinois and well managed ~~:)

Quote from: colycat on January 19, 2011, 08:06:44 PM
You guys have a free table and there is NO ONE who can man it.  What are all you going to do when there could have 5 appleseeds every weekend?  You all have a big crew in your state and to say we have done stuff every weekend is kinda lame.  Maybe YOU have been doing AS stuff every weekend,  but what about the rest of the crew?

Time to spread the joy,  is it possible?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Gopher Boy

CM,

I don't think Coly was saying that we don't do enough.  He was just pointing out that there are a few in Illinois that have not completely removed the couch from their butt. 

I tend to agree. 

If there is a strategic reason for passing on the show, great.  If it's a staffing matter that something completely different.  There seem to be only a hand full of people in Illinois that are as dedicated to Promo, and none as dedicated as C.M.  I know the reason the shoots I have SBed in IL, have been rather full is a direct result of his efforts.

For those of you still semi-attached to the couch, remember the idea of the three man team.  Castle Mountain is part of my team.  We were talking the other night and as a team we covered more than 50 shoots and promo events last year.  Add P-gal to that and we up over 75.  Yes, some of those were the same events, but there were many weekends when I was at a shoot and CM and P-Gal were promoting what I was doing.  If you ask me, that's an effective spreading of the load.  Neither job is more important than the other and the goal is the same.

I say this not to boast about what my team has done, but rather to challenge.  Remove the couch, put together a team and do what you can.  Why?  "What's my payment?"  Think of how you'll feel when someone walks up to you and says something along the lines of...  "I meet Castle Mountain at a Gun Show and I knew I had to come to one of these things.  Then I meet Gopher Boy and knew I had to take the hat.  Thank you"

If only that was something I had just made up, but in truth it's something me, Castle Mountain, and many other instructors in AS hear all the time.  It never grows tiring and never goes out of style.  Because that's how this nation will be saved.

One person at a time, One state at a time.

Respectfully,

G.B.

Cooper

Greetings, Neighbors!

It's a bit of a drive, but I can come down tomorrow night, (wo)man the table Saturday and most of Sunday if someone can get me things to hand out.  I can bring a 10/22, AR and M1 Garand to attract traffic. 

Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

dragonfly

Great thread Guy's, and important call to action  O0 . We need to fill the lines and promotions is key to that. Something you might try is; pm, email, and cell phone. Not everyone is on the forum as much as we are, and they just might not hear the call.

Come on folks it only takes a couple hours out of your weekend  :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos:  .

CM, I see a chalenge in their somewhere. I think this might be the year WI kicks ILsucks butt, and WI is going to have more shoots, and bigger lines then ever  :~ .
Time for the whole state to get off the couch and do a little more bailing. Boarder Raider's beware  @&)

D-fly   Keeping the Faith   @)
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Castle Mountain

CM, I see a chalenge in their somewhere. I think this might be the year WI kicks ILsucks butt, and WI is going to have more shoots, and bigger lines then ever  :~ .
Time for the whole state to get off the couch and do a little more bailing. Boarder Raider's beware  @&)

Oh you have no idea what we have up our sleeve ..:..      Just wait till I get final answers we will spawn like CHinook salmon.
But then so will you fingerlings    ^:)^   Challenge it is indeed. You will have to chase AFTERMATH. He has great things on
his agenda. Very proud of that man.   Got a call from sneaken Deacon. The man is having a great time but a hugely busy
time at the Los Vegas Shot Show. He is Appleseeding every day, pressing palms as he goes. He will have a story to tell.
Got a call from American Firearms at the shot show and they argreed to give our marine IT a great deal on a M1-A .

We will launch a strike force into Ohio, bring Banners, flyers and tables and such  and dance the ailes at the EXPO
Imagine 153,000 Americans we have opportunity to be reborn.  We shall see what Ohio does with this golden opportunity.

Has anyone posted the American dufass article yet? You know, the Guy's sofa/television target?

Got sent home today, highways too treacherous. Yippie!!!!

Thanks for all that you do brother

Cheers,

CM

D-fly   Keeping the Faith   @)
[/quote]
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Cooper

Quote from: Cooper on January 20, 2011, 12:42:03 PM
Greetings, Neighbors!

It's a bit of a drive, but I can come down tomorrow night, (wo)man the table Saturday and most of Sunday if someone can get me things to hand out.  I can bring a 10/22, AR and M1 Garand to attract traffic. 

Janelle

Yes, I'm repeating myself.  I can man a table at Kankakee this weekend if no one in IL can step up.
Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

AuntieBellum

If the table is still an option, I can cover Sunday afternoon.  It's not a lot of help, but I can be there by 12:30 on Sunday if that would help.  It's only an hour away from me, so let me know when future shows are in Kankakee, too.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

AuntieBellum

Quote from: Ewald on January 19, 2011, 12:07:15 AM
After talking it over with some folks at the IBC we decided to scrub this weekend at Kankakee. A deciding factor was the dates for shoots in Bonfield have yet to be set. We will hit ISRA's backyard hard once those shoot dates are set.

More importantly it would be the third Appleseed weekend in a row for the Northern Illinois GS crew, with Princeton, Waterman, Dupage, and Kane directly following in seceding weekends. We're taking a break.

When is Princeton?  I don't see it on the schedule, and I would LOVE to send some people your way!   O0

Ewald

Ewald

OK, while the rest of you were smack talking, we were on the phone getting 'er done. How can I turn down an offer from not one but two beautiful ladies this weekend? Game on!

Cooper is coming down from MN on Saturday. I will get her materials. I will work with her for a while, but I do have real work I need to do this weekend. AuntieBellum will border raid from IN on Sunday.

Which one of you Fine Illinois Boys (or girls) is willing to work with Auntie on Sunday?

Cooper

BORDER RAID CHALLENGE!!!!  &) &) &) &) &)

Come on, Illinnoying Folks!  Come on over and help Minnesota and Indiana promote your shoots at the Kankakee Gunshow!!   !@#) !@#) !@#)

I know that some of you have been VERY busy 'seeding, with more events in the next few weeks.  There are MANY other IL folks that have been slacking a bit in their involvement...  Here's a chance to contribute to Appleseed in IL without taking up an entire 2 day weekend... just volunteer to work at the gunshow for a few hours Saturday or Sunday and feel good about yourself again!!   ^:)^

Of course, if you don't, I'll be directing them to AS events in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Indiana!!!    >:D **)  >:D **)  >:D **)

Come on! Have some Pride!

Cooper and Jackie the Rifledog

Garand69

My goodness... this is some serious harassment.... WI chimes in and stirs the pot and then sends in MN and IN in a flanking maneuver and BAM we Illinoisans get wacked!!! **)

January 22 and 23 Kankakee Gunshow, who south of I80 is up for it?

We do not need a single shoot on the schedule to promote Appleseed in IL. All we need is a few inspired Appleseeders, and some previous locations, and a Website Address, that we do have to point them in the right directions.

Gunshows work, they are the Reason Illinois does as well as it does. BUT 1 Appleseeder at a GS sucks, 2 is nice 3 is better. Who can free up a few hours on one or both days? I'm hoping we can get some fresh faces here. CM and PG are on leave from Gunshows this month, as is anyone else who has been busting their tail this winter.

Cooper & AunteBellum THANK YOU FOR YOUR OFFER!!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 Now who is willing to step up and help them out??? &)

See you on the Trail
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

AuntieBellum

Hmmmm...where to send those Illinoians...

Rochester, IN

Portage, IN

>:D

Cooper

Hey there, Illinnoying folks!

7th stepping at gunshows is a blast!!  No sweat, no pressure, these folks have self-selected to be potential 'seeders!!  It's not like walking up to some GenX'er at Starbucks and trying to educate them about National history and the sacrifices of our forefathers...  Most folks at gunshows are EAGER to hear about Appleseed and saving the Nation!!  And when they see an M1 Garand, an AR and a 10/22 they are drawn like moths to the flame... All you have to do is beat them back and explain that the rifles aren't for sale, but that we can help them obtain them.

It's nothing like public speaking, it's more like being a celebrity and guiding your admiring fans to fulfillment as Riflemen.

Janelle

Bill 3

Quote from: AuntieBellum on January 20, 2011, 10:56:24 PM
Hmmmm...where to send those Illinoians...

Rochester, IN

Portage, IN

>:D

Hey now - what's that about sending Illinois'ans to portage??  We have enough transplants in NWI.  I should know, I'm one of them...
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Patriot Gal

Hey!!! Illinnoying folks!!! I resemble that remark!!! lol

Seriously, I do love to promote AS at gunshows.  It can be a challenge but it too, is rewarding just as a weekend AS can be.

Unfortunately, I have to work this weekend d/t my having to cover two positions (since the second week of Dec.) which has made for some looooonnnnnggggg days and necessitates at least some time on Sat. to get everything covered. 

I like the OT but with the AS season bearing down rapidly, I'll need to contact my mgr. to see what changes are forthcoming so I can shift back to 8 hr days with weekends free.  Free!?!?!?!  Of course, I mean to fill them up Appleseeding!  O0 @) ^:)^

Thanks Cooper and AnteBellum for steppin' up!  YOU ROCK!!!!

Hope to see you on the trail!
Patriot Gal

Quote from: Cooper on January 20, 2011, 11:04:30 PM
Hey there, Illinnoying folks!

7th stepping at gunshows is a blast!!  No sweat, no pressure, these folks have self-selected to be potential 'seeders!!  It's not like walking up to some GenX'er at Starbucks and trying to educate them about National history and the sacrifices of our forefathers...  Most folks at gunshows are EAGER to hear about Appleseed and saving the Nation!!  And when they see an M1 Garand, an AR and a 10/22 they are drawn like moths to the flame... All you have to do is beat them back and explain that the rifles aren't for sale, but that we can help them obtain them.

It's nothing like public speaking, it's more like being a celebrity and guiding your admiring fans to fulfillment as Riflemen.

Janelle

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Cooper

Patriot Gal!

Nobody's asking you to do anything more, you've proven yourself as a High Daughter Of Liberty many times over!  But I'm challenging those of you in IL that have backed off a bit, because to this, that and the other to step up and contribute just a few hours to saving the nation in your own state!

Rifledog and I will drive ten + hours from Minnesota to staff a gunshow table in the middle of YOUR state, since it appears that no Illinnoying person can step up and take advantage of a FREE gunshow table in their own state.  AuntieBellum from Indiana can find the time to come over and help close up on Sunday-- are there no Patriots there that can step forward to shoulder part of their own load?  I thought it was a joke, but maybe IllinoiSucks is true!

Prove it wrong! 

Those of you that haven't been working shoots this winter... Off the couch for a few hours!

Have some pride!

Janelle & Jackie the Rifledog

Pappy

Hello All; We always have room, Have a ball. Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Garand69

ISRA Dates are set....4/9-10, 5/28-29, 6/18-19, 7/23-24, 8/27-28, 10/22-23, 11/26-27

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Ewald

Outstanding Garand! I'm glad I checked the forum this afternoon.

I'll edit up the flier and run a ream before leaving the office.

George63

will come out on sunday and can bring items to display

Ewald

2thdoc

Do you still need someone saturday?  you have to tell me where (gps address) and what time.  I can bring a scar. let me know   pjomalley@gmail.com
Pat

AuntieBellum

Quote from: George63 on January 21, 2011, 04:15:22 PM
will come out on sunday and can bring items to display

I know I won't be there early enough to do a whole lot of good, but is there anything I need to bring?

Cooper

Quote from: 2thdoc on January 21, 2011, 07:29:55 PM
Do you still need someone saturday?  you have to tell me where (gps address) and what time.  I can bring a scar. let me know   pjomalley@gmail.com

Sorry, my laptop isn't set up for email.

We can certainly use any help available for Saturday, hours are 8:30 to 4:00
I don't know the GPS coordinates, address is Kankakee Co Fairgrounds, 213W 4000S Rd, Kankakee 60901
It's due west of the Kankakee airport

Janelle
608-797-0358 cell

Cooper

Checkmate King 2, this is White Rook, over.

Go ahead, White Rook.

Have penetrated into the land of the Illinnoying.
Studies and Observation Group has established secure RON position along with K9 contingent.
Plan dawn assault on objective "K" and will fix local elements in place as the anvil for IN's eastern hammer movement 23Jan.

Little resistance expected as locals are heavily engaged in supplicating their deities for the salvation of their Ursae unit, also facing a Northern onslaught 23Jan on their Soldiering Field.

White Rook out.