News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Advanced Instructor Boot Camp in Missouri, Jan.29-30

Started by Longshot, January 06, 2011, 12:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshot

Missouri will be holding an Advanced Instructor Boot Camp at the Osage Beach DAR, Jan 29-30.  Fred will be the MI, and all instructors are urged to attend. This is advanced curriculum, NOT range commands and History.

PM Longshot or Thor's Hammer for more info.

Location info. at the Instructor Boot Camp Schedule board.
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

Greg in MO

I see it got rescheduled.  Unfortunately, I am running an IBC in Lincoln, NE that weekend, and I'm taking Gromit and hopefully Ben with me.

If there are any IITs that think they need work on the instructor basics (rather than the advanced curriculum) you are welcome to join us in NE.

Greg

nemohunter

PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

MOGromit

As stated by our regional coordinator, I'm allocated to the NE IBC.

MOGromit

Celt

A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

Brumley Dog

I'll be there, too. My stock is finished but I doubt I'll have time to shoot with Fred there.  ~~:)

cmidkiff

Jungle George

Those of you going to the AIBC need to sign up on instructor scheduling so they can keep track of how many is coming.  I just did tonight.

Thanks,

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

nemohunter

Jungle George

Yea, I'm going to miss my annual fireman's dinner.  I signed up last night but it's probably not posted yet as our good people in administration are busy as a dog with fleas.
   So go to members, to instructor schedule, then pm that you want to go to Osage AIBC  Jan 29&30 and they will post it for you.  Same as signing up for shoots.  That way they can keep track if they have enough Instuctors showing up.  That reminds me I got to sign up for Bowling Green too!!  Hint out there to some of you close to us even some of you IL and Iowa border raiders.  I think we will have a good turn out here. 
    Okay I'm going to go sign up.

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

Brumley Dog

Well, it looks like I'm going to be working on my campaign for alderman this Saturday. I'm running out of weekends before the election. If anyone is interested in leaving Saturday evening I could make the second day. I'm in south St. Louis City...

I'd like to do both days but I don't want my volunteers to lose interest. If I keep at this we're going to have a rifleman in office.

-Jesse

Garand69

Longshot said...
QuoteNOT range commands and History

No History????
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Thor's Hammer

I will be heading to the range Friday to turn on the heat and spruce up a bit for my guests. There are some food stuffs in the cabinets, as well as cups and plates and utensils. The water will not be running, but I will be bringing over water containers.

Jason
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.    George Carlin

Western Rose

Hello all, I didn't see the eventbrite link on this thread for this event. So, here is the eventbrite link to sign up to attend: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1186638267
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Alpha Chicken

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

H. L. Mencken
    US editor (1880 - 1956)

nemohunter

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Fred

QuoteDoes anyone know if there is anything we should be prepared for?

Yes, I'd suggest if you get time, you carefully read http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18654.0 "Chicken Little, the Darkside, and Other Matters"

Also, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19907.0, "Remembering the Basics..."

Also, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20317.0, "On being a follower..."

Some of these things are pretty densely written, and it may pay to print out a copy so you can review again just before the IBC. These posts I made embody a small portion of the AIBC - but an important portion.

Thanks in advance to all who have committed to being at this event. It should be an interesting weekend.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Thor's Hammer

Quote from: nemohunter on January 26, 2011, 10:55:11 PM
So were staying at the DAR?????

Yeppers! Should be plenty of room for everyone. I'll reserve one of the bedrooms for you and Witchy, so's you can have some privacy. If any one wants to brave the elements(looking at lows in the high 20's) you can set up a tent and camp outside, or even set up under the newly expanded shelter. BTW, there is plenty of wood for a campfire already there, bring on the smores!
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.    George Carlin

nemohunter

i'll be rolling solo. she has chicken pox of all things. she only got them but lightly when she was a kid and now has them full blown.

cmidkiff

In case anyone's interested in schedules, I'm planning to roll in on Saturday AM.  I should be there around 8:30, depending on traffic, but please forgive me if I'm a bit late.

I'll be camping on Saturday night.  Putting myself in a small contained area with other people trying to sleep is a recipe for disaster, so I expect I'll be in a tent.  No problem, I've got the gear for it.

See 'yall in the morning!

Greybeard

SPQR

Word of advice if you want it.

Be prepared as students.  Have specific questions you want answered and work on developing specific answers you your area's individual problems.  Fred is going to cover a TON of material and its really up to the guys/gals inside of the locality to apply it to their program and develop specific solutions.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Brumley Dog

I've decided to stay in St. Louis tomorrow and continue to work on my campaign. I have a lot of doors to knock on in the 10th ward and some volunteers that are willing to help me tomorrow. I will stay on the forum and keep in touch but I'm going to concentrate on one thing right now - wining a seat on the Board of Aldermen.

Alpha Chicken is full of antibiotics and will be missing tomorrow as well.

I will see you folks at an event after April 5th.

-Jesse

thursday

I almost didn't go to the AIBC this weekend.  Because of some of the recent events I had developed some serious misgivings and doubts about the program.  I wondered if we were all really working to build Fred's little kingdom, or if we had allowed the forces of political correctness to redefine the Appleseed mission.  In the end I decided to go and sit quietly (those of you who know me know that sitting quietly is not my strong point). It didn't take long before I was venting my concerns and frustrations to Fred.  A lively discussion ensued. 
The upshot of our conversation?  Fred was able to convince me that Appleseed is still on track and he is not the jerk I thought him to be.  The very fact that he was willing to listen to me, a nobody in this program, complain loudly, pointedly and at length speaks volumes.
  I urge you all to make to to an AIBC if you at all can, especially if you are concerned, discouraged or demoralized.  The only way to get answers is to ask the questions.

One more thing.
  Up until this weekend the saving America thing hadn't really sunk in.  I wanted individuals to come to Appleseed because I believed in the good it could do for an individual, but I hadn't really contemplated the good it could do for my country.
  Get nine million Americans out to the range for the weekend, teach them marksmanship and history, especially history... freedom is preserved once more....
  It's so crazy it could actually work.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

Longshot

Face to face conversation can never be replaced by electronic media. If you want the REAL story, get it in person, from the original source.

If you want answers to the tough questions, the same applies.

If you have concerns, doubts, questions or heathy curiosity, get thee to an AIBC with Fred, and don't be shy. Just be sure to turn on the "Honesty Light". You may not agree with everything you hear, but it sure as heck won't be suger-coated B.S.

It was the most worthwhile time I've spent recently.

KR
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

SPQR

+1 on Longshot's comment.  I believe it does this program a lot of good for people to make the attempt to meet other instructors, do shoots outside your area, do more shoots, and meet your State Coordinators, Regional Coordinators, Fred and the national mustaches.  It is heartening to engage with them and discover they want what they want because they believe it is the best thing for people not themselves.  The interweb does not exist but Fred does.  He likes Wendy's.   

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Longshot

Wendy's???!!..........

Watch his eyes if you see a Golden Corral sign!   :o

KR

nemohunter