News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sad News - Bail harder

Started by V, December 29, 2010, 07:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

Sad news indeed.  Rest in Peace, Mr Zelman.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

techres

Baruch Dayan HaEmet.  The Lord gives, the Lord takes away.

Rest in peace, and prayers are with the family.  They are really going to need support now.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

SamD

A sad day indeed.
Support his family and keep his idea alive.

Cooper

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I will try and focus on celebrating the life, inspiration and dedication.
I literally just started rereading his seminal masterpiece.  It all has much more urgency now.

God bless and protect Kenneth Royce, my other pillar of prescient wisdom...

Time for the next generation to step forward.

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Cooper

We must all step forward and support Claire in any ways we can!!
Emotional, spiritual, financial and physical...

The cause of Liberty has taken another "Isaac Davis"-like blow to the heart...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Cal 7.62

"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Reddot

Our prayers are with his family.

PHenry

A High Son of Liberty has fallen. Who will replace him?
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Johnnyappleseed

My deepest sympathy to the Zelman family .
I had met Aaron at several events in past years . He was always extrememly polite, soft spoken and well versed on the many topics we discussed.
Aaron and I had many hours on the phone --- I learned so much from him . I  recall buying the music "Les Miserable" at his suggestion . We have had many hours enjoyment because of his recommendation.

His "Grandpa Jack " comic books including "Gun control kill's kids" are a work of genius. Further his films "Innocents Betrayed " and dial 911 and die are works that will educate thinking American's as long as such exist.

Aaron Zelman has now joined the ranks of other heroes .  He will be missed beyond words.

JA

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

SavageShootr

Mr. Zelman was a man who knew very well what he was about.

He will be missed by all who knew him and knew of him.

My Prayers are with his family and friends.

Rest Mr. Zelman, you have earned it.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Antibubba

I never met the man, I'm sad to say.  The only consolation is that the impetus he gave to JPFO will continue on.
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.