News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cheaper Than Dirt and California ammo sales

Started by JustJeff, December 30, 2010, 12:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

JJ
Thank You for your candor O0
IMHO the only chance for restoration of lost rights is to pick 1of the 2 parties  that control 95% of the votes .

In Ca. the ----------party has every major office --- nearly every member of the state assembly and senate are anti   rights. >:D
To make matters even worse ,folks were chumped into voting in term limits.
AS a result ,we lost Statesman who through procedure stopped some bad law. i.e.---- -------y
Term limits further promoted special interest corruption .
With term limits in place we lost the leverage to tell elected reps --" we will work to replace you" --- Now they laugh --hahahahah so what IM termed out **)
It is my hope we can learn from mistakes made by others .
As AS Minuteman stated so well "Its coming to your state next"
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

DesertDog

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on January 04, 2011, 12:37:49 PM
JJ
Thank You for your candor O0
IMHO the only chance for restoration of lost rights is to pick 1of the 2 parties  that control 95% of the votes .

In Ca. the demcratic party has every major office --- nearly every member of the state assembly and senate are anti   rights. >:D
To make matters even worse ,folks were chumped into voting in term limits.
AS a result ,we lost Statesman who through procedure stopped some bad law. i.e.Dick Mountjoy
Term limits further promoted special interest corruption .
With term limits in place we lost the leverage to tell elected reps --" we will work to replace you" --- Now they laugh --hahahahah so what IM termed out **)
It is my hope we can learn from mistakes made by others .
As AS Minuteman stated so well "Its coming to your state next"
JA

The problem is that both of those parties are anti rights.  To many jump on the liberty bandwagon when it's their pet topic being threatened, but when it's something they don't like they are all about brining the boot of government to squash it.  I beleive that this is our biggest problem we face today.

Term limits are bad, based on the reasons you stated.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

eaglescouter

Gentlemen, please remember that Appleseed is non-partisan.  As such it is inappropriate to discuss political parties or name modern elected officials here. 

The California laws that will likely make acquisition of ammunition more difficult (more expensive at the very least) does have a direct effect upon participation at Appleseed events, thus it is an on-message discussion.

However, giving up on those of us who reside within California does not help the cause of Appleseed.  There are many here who did not cause this problem and are working to solve the problem. 

The lawsuit regarding the California Handgun Ammunition Ban (note:  The bill does not ban handgun ammo, it requires hangun ammunition purchases to be done face to face and thus precludes mail or internet orders) is scheduled to be held in mid January 2011 and the Judge has announced his intention to issue a ruling before the law goes into effect on Feb 1, 2011.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Johnnyappleseed

I reason the same as AS Minuteman ---- if a company is anti rights , I do not spend my money with them. Even having an anti rights person hired to
do a commercial is enough to contact a company and ask if this persons anti rights views are shared by management .

Concerning both parties being anti rights -- I vote singel issue (gun rights)  I use NRA and GOA ratings to determine who I will support and vote for.
If the candidates are both highly rated in gun rights -- I then look to see if they support other issues important to me and look for a known progun endorsement from a leadership position . www.gunownersofamerica.org

If both are F- rated I may go with a 3rd party candidate .
The key to good candidates is the primary elections , this is the best chance for gun rights activist's to gain headway.

After the election , I have phone #s on my cell phone--- I also call frequently .
Regarding CTD --they have to my knowledge been involved in the struggle to preserve gun rights and have in the past been attacked by local anti gun forces .
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Johnnyappleseed

Eaglescouter -- at your suggestion ---post modified to protect the integrity of AS  O0
Calvin Coolidge

SavageShootr

We have used CTD whenever possible, they are supporters of Appleseed.

JJ and JA me too. Voted for the big eared fellow and got someone I didn't want.

Now to address how AB962 affects Appleseed in California.

According to Gun Rights Attorney, Chuck Michel, we will not be capable of loaning, selling or otherwise supplying ammunition at the Appleseeds without a dealers license.

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Grandson of Liberty

Quote from: SavageShootr on January 04, 2011, 02:19:44 PM
Now to address how AB962 affects Appleseed in California.

According to Gun Rights Attorney, Chuck Michel, we will not be capable of loaning, selling or otherwise supplying ammunition at the Appleseeds without a dealers license.

SS

That's what I was wondering most about. . . SS you should BOLD, HIGHLIGHT, STAR and UNDERLINE that one. Be careful, folks.
"Who hasn't done 'Number 2' on Bob yet?"- Jr. Birdman, Piru IBC, Three-Oh-Nine