News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How did you choose your Appleseed username?

Started by Son of Isaac, December 13, 2010, 04:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alonso1

Quote from: starfox on April 22, 2011, 02:43:35 AM
Got my nick "Starfox" back in the days of the dialup chat channels / BBSes.  You know in those days when you had to put a phone on a cradle to get to the InnerTubes. 

Has NOTHING to do with that infernal Nintendo game Starfox.   ~~:)

And the ever inventive "alonso1" should quit giggling at my handle.  :)

I use my last name for most forums.  When I signed up for this one I could not remember if I had already signed up or not.  I was too lazy to check so I just added a 1 behind my name.

Starfox  **) **) **) your killing me  ;D

Tornado

Long story short...
My real name is Amber, but no one could remember it, so I started singing.

Oh beautiful for spacious skies, for Amber Waves...

Kinda patriotic and I have a July birthday, so the 4th is the best day ever.  O0

"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Amber Waves

:wb: oops forgot to log in as myself and used my husband's account.  You should hear his story. ^-^

Castle Mountain

Love the flag imagery in the wheat fields. O0 O0 O0 O0

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

TowedJumper

I spent 3 years and 17 weeks in the Army jumping out of AirForce planes built by the lowest bidder (never let anybody tell you they are "perfectly good".  Good enough maybe.) in the 82nd Airborne Division.  Had two people in my company break their back and neck.  My name comes from when something goes wrong and you are pulled along with the plane for some reason.  Either equipment gets hung up or your parachute doesn't get pulled out of the pack tray or something (there are a lot of ways).  Anyway, I got some equipment caught on something and it tore loose after a couple of seconds.  Just long enough to drive my heartbeat WAAAYYYY up and then leave me wondering if my chute would open and then once it did, what the heck happened.  It is such a non event that there really isn't much to talk about other than to say "huh, thats an interesting side-story" and then move on so I don't talk about it much.

I actually have a better story about my parachute opening over Florida, but it was so twisted up that I should have pulled my reserve and used that instead (it looked as small as an umbrella when I looked up at it) but I wound up foolishly trying to fix the problem and almost rode the parachute into the ground.  God looks after fools though so here I am.  TowedJumper sounds better than twistedparachute so there you have it.  TowedJumper.

If you want some video of jump footage check out the link in my signature.
"American parachutists -- devils in baggy pants -- are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere."  -- Entry from a German Officer's diary captured during the battle of Anzio

Jump footage (generic youtube, not mine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZPIGhL3bY&feature=related

Sly223

;)Well, I was tired of being the avg.RickkytikkiTavvy, :D
'lil ricky ;D
,Rick :wb:
,Richard :(
Dick, >:(
Dicky, :o
Little Rick,
you Know Ricky Hall,So tween years became rebeliouse and viod of originality,
I became SLY,around '82.
Always loved the 12 ga.pump,not a rifle!
Great thread glad I finally found it! ..:..
I feel as though I met 50 new patriots,Newly discovered by me anyway.
C-YA! KEEP IT ALIVE!!!! ^:)^
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

dwarven1

Quote from: ShadowMan on August 02, 2011, 04:53:39 PM
"Shadowman" is the name of the logo for the company I work for.

Perhaps I'll take on an orange hat and have it upgraded in time to a "Red Hat".  ;)

- George (aka ShadowMan)

George, I've got a friend who works for the same company out here in MA. Haven't managed to get him to an AS yet.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

George Hacker

Quote from: dwarven1 on October 11, 2011, 04:08:30 PM
George, I've got a friend who works for the same company out here in MA. Haven't managed to get him to an AS yet.
dwarven1,

If he needs a second opinion - have him drop me a note.  My name is George Hacker (can you believe it?) and I am a curriculum developer.

I travel to Boston from time to time on business, so next time I am in town I will have to stay an extra day or two and meet up with you and other Appleseeders in the neighborhood.  I walked the liberty trail in Boston last time I was there, but Lexington and Concord are a must visit on my next trip.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Texas Rifleman

The first A/S I went to Scout was saying how Fred was ragging on Texans. (this was before I really knew Scout or much about A/S)
I suspected he was kidding but could'nt really tell.
Scout was allowing how Fred said that Texans could'nt shoot, would have to put in a dip of snuff and ride their horse down to the target
and shoot it close range..or some such story.
Anyway when I shot expert I decided to take the name Texas Rifleman to kinda put it to ole' Fred :)
Boring story I know but that is how it all happened.

...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

CaptMac

Spent a few years running tugboats, and once you are a captain, you are always a captain.  It's a title I like, and I've earned others I have chosen never to use. 

Mac, every member of my family has been known as Mac, except my mother.  but, she's been called Mrs. Mac. 

I'd used CaptMac elsewhere, liked it and did not want more to remember.
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

BrassyLassie

I got it this past Sunday (October 9, 2011), the day I took on an orange hat at Idaho's first Ladyseed.  Evenstar was pushing together spent brass into cool-looking metal objects, and I said she could make jewelry with those, and then she could name her new business "Brassy Lassie."  She looked at me with big eyes and said "that should be your name on the Appleseed Forum!"

Red Niva

I got my user name from a series of books I had read. The Dragon Slippers Series and i cant remember the author. lol To be more specific its a characters name. AND she is a dragon. I thought the name sounded cool and she was my favorite character too. A lot of people ask about my name and i just tell them I'm a dragon  ;D
"Darkness is returning to Paradise. Are you ready?" Johnny Drake

"From the desert has come a voice crying in the wilderness, and his name is John. Johnny Drake to be more precise. But ask his disciples and they will tell you his mission is no less defined than the mission of John the Baptist, who first introduced the Light from heaven to the world over two thousand years ago. The multitudes listened to John, who told them that Jesus of Nazareth was the Way to God. Then Herod toke John's head.
  Now the question begs us: Will the world listen to Johnny Drake? And who will take his head?"   Quote from the book, "Sinner" by Ted Dekker

9mm4545

I had been using this name on many forums mainly because I could remember it. It happened to be the phone number of a gun range I once belonged to, now long out of business. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue however.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

iron pony

Iron Pony..   

My younger daughter and I belong to an Indian Princesses tribe. Part of the first meeting is to pick names.
I called her Gasping Turtle because she loved the water but at that time could keep her mouth shut long enough to keep from choking   :wb:

She called me Iron Pony because I ride a Harley and she had heard me call it my steel horse..

IP
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Publican

Many years ago I read a series in which a main character was a "F00L", a Jester. This was obviously set in the days where Court Jesters were in vogue.

I liked the character enough that I started investigating what the F00L meant in Tarot cards. The card has many meanings but in general they all revolve a central theme:

QuoteInterpretations:
......It may also be a warning that significant change is coming. Another interpretation of the card is that of taking action where the circumstances are unknown, confronting one's fears, taking risks, and so on.[/quote]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fool_(Tarot_card)

Next I researched some quotes revolving around the word "fool" and found the following observation made by Carl Gustav Jung

QuoteCarl Gustav Jung (/ˈjʊŋ/ YUUNG; German: [ˈkarl ˈɡʊstaf ˈjʊŋ]; 26 July 1875 - 6 June 1961) was a Swiss psychiatrist, the founder of analytical psychology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jung

Quote"If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool".......Carl Jung

Understanding that many may misinterpret my reasons for using this name I often use the Jung quote in my sig lines.

Knowing that our forum names often become our AS event monikers, it has been suggested that maybe I investigate another Nom de Plume. The internal debate begins  :pop:

"I regard giving as necessary to right the balance..." Hu Chung

"Things now every day begin to grow more and more serious" Lord Percy

"Please remember the 2nd Amendment each and every time you vote".....Cork

"I need to actively fight the external threat, so as not to become the internal threat!".....Publican

asminuteman

-Yo Fool!

-What you lookin at Fool!

-The man's just a fool.

I'm thinkin it maybe?????
1-get you into trouble in gang territory.  (gang bangers are twitterpatied with this word)
2-or you may answer their query.          (to both of your dismay)
*ponder your answer carefully Fool*

any hoot welcome aboard........ ;D
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Invictus Maneo

My middle name is Armstrong which in the Scots tradition was my maternal grandmother's maiden name. 3 uncles and 5 cousins also have it as a middle name.
"Invictus Maneo" is the motto of the Clan Armstrong which translates to "I remain unvanquished".

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

Pitmaster

One of my hobbies is barbecue, therefore Pitmaster was a moniker I chose to use some around various forums. Most are 2nd Amendment related.

However, since I joined Appleseed under Pitmaster I have since learned that my great, great, great,...great grandfather is a revolutionary war veteran who enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775. I thought about changing my Appleseed moniker to honor him. I decided to just add a note about him on my signature line instead. Not out of disrespect but my identity is known as Pitmaster and changing it might cause some confusion.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

NHale

Same last name. That and I stole the format from Phenry, whom I respect greatly.

NH
Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

Melissa5

I didn't put much thought into my user name and now wish that I had.  Maybe I'll eventually be given a cool nickname.   :)
John 3:16

9/12 Toccoa 219 (rimfire)
2/16 Buford 228 (centerfire)

olefido

The patch that is my avatar is from my old Civil Air Patrol unit. The patch was nicknamed "FIDO" not only for the dog but also for our very unofficial motto. The public version of it is "Forget It, Drive On!" F.I.D.O. The unit is no longer active and I am approaching my 35th year with the organization so I became an "Old FIDO" which I shortened to Ole Fido. It probably should be Ol' Fido.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

KYWindage

I was given mine at my first Appleseed by Andre. I was having numerous problems and starting to lose my 'teachable additude' when Andre lay down next to me on the line and began helping me with his sage advice. He got me settled down and relaxed and helped me get my first group on paper(bad scope). Drilled 3 of five shots at about 3 inchs at 3 o'clock and I used Kentucky windage to put the put the other two in the black. I told him what I had done when we where looking over the targets and he laughed and joked that I was using KY Windage. I returned the joke when I wrote me name on the first AQT I shot and then everyone else(techres, chilidog, etc) picked it up.
Thought about changing it as it doesn't promote the initial lessons that we want to instill.
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

Prescott

Thankfully, AS connected me to the Revolutionary War history of my family.   After I attended my first AS, I was talking with my aunt, our family historian, and I discovered that I had some very famous ancestors.  I discovered that I was the posterity that John Adams was referring to.

I am the descendant of "Sarge" Prescott who was the brother of Colonel William Prescott (Bunker Hill fame) and the cousin of Dr. Samuel Prescott.  My Prescott relatives still live in The Dalles, OR and I am connected with them through my great paternal grandmother.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

pavelft

It's basically my old college e-mail address. Just got used to it, I suppose.
"Distrust and Caution are the parents of Security" - Ben Franklin

"There is one safeguard known generally to the wise, which and advantage and security to all, but especially to democracies as against despots - 'suspicion.'" - Demosthenes

ItsanSKS

Quote from: KYWindage on June 24, 2012, 12:43:01 PM
I was given mine at my first Appleseed by Andre...
Thought about changing it as it doesn't promote the initial lessons that we want to instill.

Don't even think about it.  You've got a story to tell because of that name.  And a good one at that.

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Regulator

From the War of the Regulators which took place near Alamance, NC in 1771. Two thousand back woodsmen, many of them Baptists who had been persecuted by the Episcopal religious establishment of the colony pushed back against the colonial militia under Governor Tryon.

"The Regulators of North Carolina were poor back country frontiersmen, mostly Baptists and some Quakers, who had many legitimate grievances against the royal government of William Tryon, for whom Tryon, NC is named. He ruled from "Tryon's Palace" in New Bern, which was then the capitol, and was responsible for administration of the State Church of the Colony, the Episcopal Church. That many Regulators were Baptist is seen in Elder Henry Sheets' book.[2] There was about a 10 to 1 proportionate advantage in legislative representation for the Coastal counties, mostly Episcopal and much wealthier, as compared to the Piedmont frontier counties. In addition the frontiersmen were excessively taxed and were charged exorbitant fees by public officials. About half of the taxes collected were embezzled by the sheriffs.[3] Furthermore, the Proclamation of 1763 prohibited hunting and trapping west of the continental divide in Virginia and west of Tryon in North Carolina.[4] It was William Tryon himself who set the so called Indian Boundary so far east of the continental divide in North Carolina. This limit on hunting and trapping made money scarce among the back country folk and interfered with their payment of the excessive taxes and quit rents. These quit rents were equivalent to modern property taxes and were paid to the King. Many times the sheriffs sold the land and even personal possessions, down to clothing, of the Regulators at auction to satisfy tax bills.[5] The coastal planters were able to use paper certificates for stored lumber and tobacco as a medium of exchange and had a much easier time of it...So the Regulators were simply attempting to regulate the behavior of the colonial government of North Carolina and to regulate the unregulated, select militia of Governor Tryon. The principle is control of the military by the entire civilian population, to put it in today's terms."  http://www.sightlerpublications.com/history/Baptists_SecondAmendment.htm
RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

dayid

Name is David - but there are too many of us, so I haunt the internet as Dayid. Most things out there if there's a Dayid, it's me - with a few impostors here and there.

RODGE

Just stuck a D in the middle and dropped the end R.  It stuck.  Don't use it anywhere else.  It's dedicated 'Appleseed' use only.
What we allow is what will continue!

What have you done for LIBERTY today?

FiremanBob

Been a volunteer firefighter since 2000. Other than combat, I can't think of a bigger adrenalin rush than running into a burning building.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville