News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Can't wait!!!

Started by savagerabbit, December 06, 2010, 09:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savagerabbit

Going to my second Appleseed this coming weekend!!   Technically I guess this will be my first official full weekend shoot.  My first one was a condesed one day shoot.  Anyway, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!   ^:)^ The weather is supposed to be UG-LEE but I don't care, I'm all in! Woot! 
I just had to share, I have no one else to gush to that understands.  ;D
"What a triumph for our enemies..... to find that we are incapable of governing ourselves."  George Washington

JustJeff

Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

TruTenacity

Thanks for gushing.  Your enthusiasm is A+.

Have a great weekend.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

savagerabbit

Thank you !!  I'll be sure to bring an AAR back to the forum asap! (:
"What a triumph for our enemies..... to find that we are incapable of governing ourselves."  George Washington

Chrome

This wouldn't be the Stinson shoot would it?

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

savagerabbit

Quote from: Chrome on December 07, 2010, 04:04:26 AM
This wouldn't be the Stinson shoot would it?

Later,
Chrome...
Nope.  I'll make it to one in Stinson eventually.  This one's over in Ashland KY.

MacMcM

And I get to IIT in Ashland! Looking forward to some folks earning that cool new patch this weekend...

Hint Hint Ms. Rabbit!

MacMcM
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

Cooper

Quote from: savagerabbit on December 06, 2010, 09:23:29 PM

We sure do understand!  You go, girl!
Just like I'm gushing that there is a CMP M1 Garand waiting for me to pick it up after work today!!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

JustJeff

Quote from: Cooper on December 07, 2010, 11:08:58 AM

Just like I'm gushing that there is a CMP M1 Garand waiting for me to pick it up after work today!!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Janelle

^:)^ O0 ^:)^
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

savagerabbit

Quote from: Cooper on December 07, 2010, 11:08:58 AM

Janelle
Whoo hoooo!! Lucky girl!!  Congrats on the new addition!

savagerabbit

Quote from: MacMcM on December 07, 2010, 10:58:41 AM
And I get to IIT in Ashland! Looking forward to some folks earning that cool new patch this weekend...

Hint Hint Ms. Rabbit!

MacMcM
I'm sure gonna try my hardest!  :)

savagerabbit

So, I stunk on ice today.  Clothing malfunctions, rifle malfunctions, and tons of human error. I even sat out a string and pouted a bit. I hope tomorrow is better!!!

Cooper

Dear sav:

A Riflewoman persists.
Even if you don't score Riflewoman, your willingness to persist against the elements makes you a Riflewoman in my eyes.
To me, it's not about the numbers, it's about the heart.
You are a Riflewoman in my estimation already.

You go, girl!

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

savagerabbit

Thank you. I needed that.  I'm not down about it.  It was hard but that only makes me want it more!  Actually, it was around the same time of the day the last time I got flustered and aggravated.  Right around 3pm.  I think I've lost my ability to have a good attitude by that point !! Lol
I'm anxious for tomorrow!

sparks1

SavageRabbit...Attitude is everything. O0 O0  As Coop says perserverence is a rifleman/woman's trait.

Head into it tomorrow with a positive attitude and have a great time. Everything else will follow.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

MacMcM

Quote from: savagerabbit on December 11, 2010, 10:18:21 PM
Thank you. I needed that.  I'm not down about it.  It was hard but that only makes me want it more!  Actually, it was around the same time of the day the last time I got flustered and aggravated.  Right around 3pm.  I think I've lost my ability to have a good attitude by that point !! Lol
I'm anxious for tomorrow!
Sunday is different! AQT's all day, less instruction, more application.
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

savagerabbit

I like your new profile pic Mac!  Seems appropriate for tomorrows impending weather!  (:

savagerabbit

Also... Not that I want a self fulfilling prophecy here or anything but one of these days you all will say " we had one gal who came to 14 appleseeds before it finally clicked for her"  **)  ::)

SavageShootr

savagerabbit.

Thanks for the laugh.

Cooper is correct, it is about attitude. Your enthusiasm is fabulous. It would be nice to bottle it.

The key is to relax and have a great time. It is a journey not a goal.

Good luck tomorrow.

SavageShootr
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

ts

My first shoot is coming up this Sat.  Yeah, I'm a bit nervous, I feel so clumsy with my rifle and I have a hard time getting the bolt lock to release.  But I figure I'll get better at it eventually.  The weather is supposed to be bitter and it doesn't seem like there are many coming, but I guess that means I'll get more individual instruction  %)

The Wolfhound

TS, I am sure you have read the post on what to wear to an incliment Appleseed.  Stay warm, wear layers, shoot well ;D  Be sure to stay well hydrated and snack often.  Take wipes to clean your hands after loading .  Enjoy your day, hear the story, write your own chapter with your experiences  Have fun!

savagerabbit

TS,,, Soo..... how was it?  Did you love it?  How'd you do?

savagerabbit

Quote from: Krisker on January 30, 2011, 10:30:56 PM
That'll probably be me too but I'm determined to plug along until one day I get that damned patch.  THEN I will be able to settle down and help with other stuff more.
You and me both!  It won't take us that long tho!  We WILL get it! (:

9mm4545

My dear wife was described as a "train wreck" at her first AS. She is now a Rifle(wo)man and an IIT. The lesson being if she can do it, anyone can do it. See AAR here for the story by Rambo Granny:http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19436.0 Persist and it will be yours! Enjoy the journey and be sure to have fun...
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

savagerabbit

what a great recollection!  That's really motivating!  Thanks!

The Mrs.

It all comes....with perseverance.  The first time I ever shot was last years Patriots Weekend.  Took a few AS's and lots of practice at the local range, but eventually I earned the patch. 

I had many moments of frustration, but it wasn't until I gave up that I made the score!!  I don't know if this will work for everyone, just know it worked for me.  LittleMo and I both had good AQT's going, and then I cross fired on his.  Yup, it was all on me!!  I not only blew my chance at the score, but his as well.  In utter frustration, I gave up. 

So what happened?  I shot a 219 about 20 minutes later!!  Soon there after LittleMo made the score too.

So I guess if there is a moral to this story it is don't worry about the dang score!!  This might sound like an oximoron, but relax and focus.  Don't worry about it....just do what you know how to do.  The score will come.

Go get 'em girls, it WILL all fall into place if you just allow it.

SueAnne
:---

Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

savagerabbit

You know, I've seen that happen many times.  Actually, I've gotten to the point where I'm so frustrated and angry that I just empty the mag and low and behold.... the target looked good! LOL  I *might* actually be more relaxed when I'm mad.   ;D This wouldn't come as any surprise to the husband. (:

siglite

QuoteThis wouldn't come as any surprise to the husband. (:

Since you mentioned him.... he soooooooooooooooooooo needs a pretty orange hat on his head.  Tell him it doesn't weigh as much as a k-pot. :D  Nor is he anywhere near as likely to be shot at.  :P
--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

savagerabbit

Quote from: siglite on February 23, 2011, 05:05:51 PM
QuoteThis wouldn't come as any surprise to the husband. (:

Since you mentioned him.... he soooooooooooooooooooo needs a pretty orange hat on his head.  Tell him it doesn't weigh as much as a k-pot. :D  Nor is he anywhere near as likely to be shot at.  :P

LOL!!!  I've been working on him.  (:  I'm currently pulling the " PUULLLEEEZE :-[ Do it for MEEeeeeEEEeee" angle.  I'm still getting the "I dunno.. maybe" which means "NO" in Chris-ese ha ha.   Besides... I told him that eventually... (what is it?  11 more Appleseeds?) if he ever wants to see me again... he'll HAVE to.  **)