News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AR500 Steel D-Targets

Started by Aromatic, November 29, 2010, 10:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aromatic

Thanks guys.  Personal checks, MO, or cash is fine for payment. 

Bobcat Steel

Alright....TheEditor has contacted me, but still looking for word from EEL.

I have put these targets in queue on our burners. I expect them to be on the road to Aromatic on/by the 22nd. There will be 31 targets in that package, while 8 are staying with me for either local pickup or friendly shuttle.

Thanks for the participation!

Bobcat Steel

Targets were completed yesterday!   ^:)^

They will ship out to arrive to Aromatic after the first of the year as our receiving facilitator will not be able to accommodate until then. The 8 targets for the 'local' guys will be available for pickup tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again for the smooth buy guys!

EEL

Sorry.  I was "off line" at the work weekend in MO.  I'll call tomorrow  @)

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

spitstickler

Missed this one. (Man I was hoping one of you guys would need to back out  :'(  )

Looking forward to the next round.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Bobcat Steel

Quote from: EEL on December 21, 2010, 11:33:59 PM
Sorry.  I was "off line" at the work weekend in MO.  I'll call tomorrow  @)

EEL

Dont worry about it. You've been covered O0

Bobcat Steel

George63 just left my place with the targets for the Illinois and Minnesota guys.
Please contact him to arrange pickup.

The other 31 targets will be hitting the road the end of next week so they can be in Texas the first of the year.

If anyone else that didn't get in on this needs some, let me know. I will be making a stock cut here in the next week or two and can run some more then. I probably will not be able to do it for the same price, but I will do what I can for you.

Thanks everyone for making this happen!!

You all have a great Christmas weekend!

EEL

Hmmmm  #)

However THAT happened...........Thanks!!

Y'all are too much  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Merry Christmas to all

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

nmmi9100

Aromatic:

Check for $40 for shipping submitted several weeks ago.  It hasn't cleared yet.

Did you get it?  I'm looking forward to these targets...as if you couldn't tell.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Bobcat Steel

The 31 targets should be hitting Texas any day, if they haven't already. I know our plan was to ship them out so they would arrive early this week.

If anyone else needs any of these, or the smaller AQT versions, or anything else, I am making a cut in the next few days to get my inventory ramped up for a show next week. This is a great time for quick turnaround on custom/non-stocked targets. Just let me know what you need and I will draw them up for approval!

Xeyed

How much are the AQT sized versions?

I bought a 4" and 16" square from you a while back and have been pleased.

Didn't have the drawings to do any of this fancy stuff.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Aromatic

Hi David,

I did receive your payment along with other's.  I will post when the targets arrive and follow up with PMs verifying shipping addresses. 

Aromatic

Targets arrived today.  It was a work out for my Ranger but we got the 1050 lbs home.

I will send out PMs confirming shipping info.  They will ship throughout next week.

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

duc-dog

Appreciate the up-date.
       Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

nmmi9100

These little sweeties going out yet?  I've been returning home to my porch with baited breath since the end of last week....

-David
Edgewood, NM

George63

hope you are not going to abuse these with that rifle in the avatar

Aromatic

First round goes out tomorrow.

The next round will go out shortly (I need to get some bolts to attach the targets together).

I am sending out PMs to confirm shipping info.  Please call or respond if something is not correct.

Thank you everyone.

TaosGlock

Thanks! Looking forward to these!
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

nmmi9100

Quote from: George63 on January 11, 2011, 06:05:19 PM

Nah...sold off the 50 BMG to fund other projects.  Got tired of punching 1000 yard paper with a benchrest gun at $3.50 a shot with reloads.  My 338 Lapua is a lot cheaper.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Bobcat Steel

Quote from: George63 on January 11, 2011, 06:05:19 PM

I actually have some customers that use 3/8" with success. They are usually shooting no closer than 300-400. I have a plate we shot at 100 that I put out at shows. Only issue we have ever run into is the one customer who shot his torso at 40yds with his 7mm RUM #)

George63

[/quote]

Nah...sold off the 50 BMG to fund other projects.  Got tired of punching 1000 yard paper with a benchrest gun at $3.50 a shot with reloads.  My 338 Lapua is a lot cheaper.

-David
Edgewood, NM
[/quote]

what do you figure is the cost of a handload for the .338 LM (having to buy or replace the components at current prices)

Chainsaw

Received.  Thank you.

Quite a conversation starter with the mailman.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

nmmi9100

Quote from: George63 on January 12, 2011, 09:04:35 PM

What do you figure is the cost of a handload for the .338 LM (having to buy or replace the components at current prices)

300gr .338 diameter Sierra Matchking, $0.60
Federal 215M Primer, $0.04
89gr RL25 Powder, $0.22
Lapua Brass Wear, 10% wear per firing, $0.20

Looks like about $1.06/round.  Not too bad, considering what that saves you over factory ammo at $6-7/round. 

-David
Edgewood, NM

George63

I looked hard at going with a .338 LM, but my guess on the reloads was about 1.5$ so I went with an oddball to get to about 1200 yd 7mm RSUM, nice BC in the heavy bullets, all around decent compromise. My .223 reloads are at @.17 ,  .308 @ .35 and the 7mm RSUM @.70   I figure they are proportional, each time you double the effective range, the price doubles. At 1.05 the .338 LM is quite a bargain, for years some weatherby loads were the standard for over 1000 yds and very $$$

BTW the IL crew shot the new steel D's in a steady snow at the end of the IBC Jan 15-17 at 400 yds the snow in the air all but obscured the targets but we still got some hits and had a fine time

Aromatic

Quote from: Chainsaw on January 18, 2011, 12:17:24 PM
Received.  Thank you.

Quite a conversation starter with the mailman.

Glad they are starting to arrive.  I get some strange looks at the post office as well...

TaosGlock

nmmi9100

Aromatic:

Picked up my two AR500 D-targets yesterday.  They look GREAT!  Now I just gotta paint them black on one side, white on the other for varying light conditions.

Thanks so much!  I'm sure this was a pain in the arse!

-David
Edgewood, NM

Big Papa

Mine was sitting beside the mailbox (a mile from home) yesterday. The mail man flagged me down while I was on a tractor today to make sure I got it. Me thinks he's nosey! >:D

Aromatic, Do I owe you more postage? The amount was more than you originally requested.
Thanks  a bunch!

Steve
Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama