News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Mexico's Newest Shoot Boss!

Started by TaosGlock, November 23, 2010, 01:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Congrats to NMMI9100! @&) :---
You earned it David! O0
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

oladcock

Well deserved! Good on you David! :)...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Reddot

Devnull

Quote from: TaosGlock on November 23, 2010, 01:35:05 PM
Congrats to NMMI9100! @&) :---
You earned it David! O0

Darn! You beat me to it!  ;D

Congrats NMMI!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

SamD

Actually NMMI as great as he is is not the latest SB in New Mexico
That hobnor lies with Oladcock.

JustJeff

Quote from: SamD on November 23, 2010, 03:41:27 PM
Actually NMMI as great as he is is not the latest SB in New Mexico
That hobnor lies with Oladcock.

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats to both NMMI and OL!!!!!!
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Devnull

TaosGlock

Congrats to OL!! :--- ..:..
I can't keep up with the all these NM promotions! ::)
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

staplegund

Well deserved congrats to both the newest and second-newest NM shootbosses!   ..:..  What a team!
Mischief springs from the power which the moneyed interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges... which are employed altogether for their benefit. --Andrew Jackson

duc-dog

We got a bunch of bosses now,  let's go find us some more workers. 
   Congratulations to both Dave and OL, a well deserved promotion for the both of you.
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

Devnull

Quote from: duc-dog on November 23, 2010, 09:51:47 PM
   Congratulations to both Dave and OL, a well deserved promotion for the both of you.

Workers will come. What we really need is to get more shoots on the books! As it stands right now if we don't increase the shoots were having at the ranges we've used to date we are not going to all be able to meet the 5 shoots as SB a year we need to stay SB qualified.

We need to have a tough conversation on how many shoots can we do and start looking for new ranges. It's time to earn our shoot boss pay!  ::)

BobABQ

Congratulations David on earning the green hat!

What is next? State Event Promotions Director?

JustJeff

Quote from: Devnull on November 24, 2010, 12:11:58 AM

Workers will come. What we really need is to get more shoots on the books! As it stands right now if we don't increase the shoots were having at the ranges we've used to date we are not going to all be able to meet the 5 shoots as SB a year we need to stay SB qualified.

We need to have a tough conversation on how many shoots can we do and start looking for new ranges. It's time to earn our shoot boss pay!  ::)

Yeah, but more of us workers makes it where you can host at all the ranges every month and not alternate.... 
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Devnull

Quote from: JustJeff on November 24, 2010, 12:24:00 AM
Quote from: Devnull on November 24, 2010, 12:11:58 AM

Yeah, but more of us workers makes it where you can host at all the ranges every month and not alternate.... 

That's very true.

One thing I have noticed is that there is a correlation between how frequently we have shoots and how many people step up to help out. Unfortunately most people don't want to travel half way across the state to work a shoot. If we're having shoots close to them more often they are more willing to step up. Also they are more likely to score a 210+!

Granted you get a few oddballs like most of us who will travel all over the state, but were the exception unfortunately and from what I'm seeing a dying breed as far as Appleseed goes. (At least in my AO.) I think part of that is due to the fact we've been here since the program was small and new shoots needed help from all over the state.

Our mission as a state for the next year is to grow and retain more people in the program. (This of course is secondary to getting more Americans to wake up of course.) If you have suggestions on how to grow the instructor pool PLEASE speak up!

So how are we going to accomplish this? Well I keep trying to start a conversation here on this but it seems to be avoided...

Jerry Hall

Howdy All,

Jerry come lately here. I think I saw all the folderol earlier in the week and werejust too whooped to do anything about it.
David, you and I have yet to meet, to you and OL my most sincere congratulations. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Now for the rest of the show; I would rather travel all over NM than as far as I went to talk/listen to/with the BOSS last weekend.
I was informed by him that our job is to finagle more Orange hats to turn into Red hats, Green Hats, etc. ad infinitum....

So, anybody wanna jump on El Paso for Jan 29-30, 2011. Shoot Bosses welcome!!! Along with anybody else that wants to help carry the message!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS Gents, Happy Trails....Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

SamD

I would be happy to SB in El Paso, if they promise not to cancel on me without consultation..........................
>:( &) &) &) >:(
Like many I cannot change schedule on short notice, and any schedule change effects things for months.

Gideon

Congratulations David and OL!  ..:.. ..:.. 

As for traveling the state to help, I'm not particularly clear on how it is managed. I personally am willing to travel, and I was considering attending the Alamogordo events. Personally, I really like the south half of the state. Now I'm not saying I wont go North, I'm just not as familiar with it.

Gideon

SamD

We would be glad to have you any time Gideon.

nmmi9100

Congratulations, OL!  Man...you sure cranked through everything.  Now that's grabbing a bucket and bailing like everything!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.  See you on the trail.

-David
Edgewood, NM

duc-dog

Come on down Gideon, be happy to put you to work!
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)