News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Carolina Appleseeders 2011 - Stand Up and Be Counted!!

Started by Stimey, November 15, 2010, 12:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcatawba

Attending my first AS event next weekend in Toccoa Georgia looking forward to the shooting and the history, my Grandfather 7 gens back served in the Maryland Militia and was present at the surrender of Cornwallis. His son served in the War of 1812. Two of his grandsons served with Company K 62nd NC in the War between the States and my Grandfather served with the Army in WWII. Finally I served four years in the US Army Infantry and am a history buff as well.

lunchbox

lunchbox
charlotte, nc
attending my first appleseed on Memorial day weekend in Ramseur

Sadman

Lunchbox,

Just wanted to say Hi.  I got started in AS last year at the end of the year and I just love the program.  Ramseur is a great range (you might have the chance test out what you learn at 25 yds on actual distance at Ramseur) and I predict you will have a great time!

Take care,

Sadman

jrchitwood

Chitty: Let me know what you need, Had a great time at Charlotte

damage855

If goverment control will make us safer, why are prisons so dangerous?

hawkeye

We are looking forward to seeing you. It's a great range.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

iron pony

Should be a great shoot.. Sunny in the 50's.  Cant ask for better "winter" weather....  See you there..
Quote from: damage855 on November 24, 2011, 08:58:35 AM

Brandon
Newton, NC
heading to Ramseur this December!! ^:)^
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

iron pony

dkmatthews..

Hello and welcome to Appleseed. 
My name is Walter and I am the new state coordinator for NC.  Im glad you signed up on the forum and are interested in the program.

Couple of quick questions.

1) have you attented any Appleseed events
2) where in NC are you located

Walter Darby

Quote from: dkmatthews on December 02, 2011, 04:04:59 AM
dkmatthews
Concord NC
Interested
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

dkmatthews

Quote from: iron pony on December 02, 2011, 09:12:45 AM
Couple of quick questions.

1) have you attented any Appleseed events
2) where in NC are you located

Walter Darby

Walter -- thanks for the welcome!  You can call me Keane (my middle name).  I haven't attended any events and don't really know much about Appleseed but I'm researching & learning & chatting online with Mike Stineman.  I live just north of Charlotte in the booming metropolis of Concord.  I may need to go pick up a new rifle, though, because my only .22LR is a 40 year old lever action.

iron pony

Keane,

That is excellent, Mike is really good guy who knows a TON about shooting.. Dont let a rifle stand in the way of coming.  Plenty of instructors have loaners.  The 2012 schedule for the Ramseur site was just published.  We should have the Charlotte area shoots scheduled sometime in January.  Pick one and sign up  :-)

TTYL

Walter

TIEfighter77

TIEfighter77
Shad Wilson
Rougemont NC
Just attended first AS 12/3

Sadman

Hi there TIEfighter77!  I was one of the orange hats at Ramseur this weekend.  I hope that you will visit us again!  Be sure to do that 7th step (bring some friends)!!!

Cheers,

Sadman

iron pony

Thanks for coming out.. 

Dont forget that a Rifleman persists..  Keeping working on you Stead Hold Factors and the Six Steps to Firing a Shoot.

Also, invite someone and come back in 2012..

Walter

Quote from: TIEfighter77 on December 05, 2011, 11:02:30 AM
TIEfighter77
Shad Wilson
Rougemont NC
Just attended first AS 12/3

EscalatorBuilder

David Annas
AKA...EscalatorBuilder
Fuquay Varina, NC
I had the best time at Appleseed in Ramseur.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

iron pony

David,

glad your first Appleseed was enjoyable for you...  Did you make Rifleman on Sunday ?  Are you planning on coming back in 2012.  We would love to see you come again and bring a friend with you..

Walter

Quote from: EscalatorBuilder on December 08, 2011, 11:20:04 PM
David Annas
AKA...EscalatorBuilder
Fuquay Varina, NC
I had the best time at Appleseed in Ramseur.

Sadman

EscalatorBuilder,

It was good to see you again.  I hope to see you in the new year on the Appleseed trail.  I'm not going to be able to make the Jan Appleseed but I will be there for Feb and subsequent events.  I'm personally looking forward to the Appleseed event in April as it has a special connection!!!

Cheers,

Sadman

Charlie-02

EscalatorBuilder

Sadman and Iron Pony,
I am attending Ramseur on Jan 15 with a friend from Virginia.  I unfortunately did not get my riffleman patch in December, as my gun was severely "key holed" on Dec. 3.  Luckily Lawrence had an extra gun for me to shoot on Sun., Dec 4 and I had a much more memorable experience.  I have my gun back from Ruger and intend to come down on Sunday, Jan 15 using the ROC program.  However, I am not exactly sure how to sign up using this program.  I am intending on getting the blue icicle riffleman patch with my buddy Floyd, as I believe, Iron pony said it would be possible to get, due to frigid conditions this weekend.

Hope to see you all there (minus the Sadman).
David (AKA Escalatorbuilder)
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

iron pony