News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Happy Veteran's Day Appleseed

Started by Trouble, November 11, 2010, 05:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trouble

Alright, so I'm not sure posting something like this is entirely appropriate; but...ask forgiveness, not permission.  :bow:

I'm still quite new to Appleseed, but even so I feel like I've grasped its message. This Veteran's Day I have read many of the messages showing gratitude towards our troops and all that they have sacrificed for our freedom. This year I want to take a step back, and thank some of the organizations that go unrecognized for their contributions to this freedom. I feel that Appleseed itself, and its wonderful volunteers, deserve a fair amount of credit.

As a soldier about to be deployed overseas I would like to thank you. You have given me and many of my brothers and sisters skills that will without a doubt save lives, if ever it should come to it. You have dedicated yourselves to a cause that many Americans have forgotten. By reminding our troops, you have provided motivation to continue to fight, and that is something which is hard to come by in this war. You have taught us a few brief, but alarmingly important events in our history, awakening our sense of obligation to liberty and the people of the USA. Even more astounding, you have given us a way to bring this realization to our families, so that they might also awaken and learn the skills of marksmanship, giving us more peace of mind while we are away from home.

As a soldier, I recognize you as fellow brothers and sisters in arms, waging war with several of our unrealized and deadliest of enemies.

For these things, and many more, I thank you.  :---

-Trouble
"When a man takes an oath...,he's holding his ownself in his own hands. Like
water. And if he opens his fingers then- he needn't hope to find himself again." -Robert Bolt

"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only god can count the number of apples in a seed." -Robert H Schuller

Cooper

Trouble,

It's been an honor to work with you and your fellow soldiers.

And thank you for giving my AR a good workout in Hinckley, it was feeling lonely.

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

AFTERMATH

QuoteAs a soldier, I recognize you as fellow brothers and sisters in arms, waging war with several of our unrealized and deadliest of enemies.

I don't believe we deserve that much credit.
But we will continue in our best effort to preserve that which has been paid for in blood.
Thanks to all current and future Veterans, we may do what we do.

Thank you.

Alex
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]