News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Illinois IBC----Not what you expect !!

Started by EEL, November 10, 2010, 08:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EEL

Hello all,
Just a quick note on the upcoming IBC in Ottawa Jan 15-16-17, 2011.  NO!   It won't be what you expect    :o

It will NOT be your run-of-the-mill IBC.
It will NOT be 3 days of prone / seated / standing position.
It will NOT be 3 days of steady hold factors.
It will NOT be 3 days of how to sling up properly.

Yes, we will have to quickly, quickly  ;) cover these as part of the IBC POI to make things "legal".  But let's face it, you're gonna learn this out on the trail.    ~~:)

The Guy wants to focus on:

How to tell the strikes.
How to reach your shooters.
How to do a good benediction.
How to effectively get thru IMC....and have the students get it!
How to instruct the KD component.
How to use "tact" when instructing students.

AND SHOOT!!  Yes, on Monday (maybe a few on Sunday too) we will head out to Waterman and shoot at distance on steel.  SO BRING WARM CLOTHES, BOOTS, YOUR SHOOTIN' IRON, AMMO, AND SOME BINOS.  EVERYONE SHOOTS!!!  NO PANSIES!

Make sure you and your rifle are "well regulated".  Study up on your strikes.  Start thinking about how you would do a benediction.  Brush up on IMC.  Jot down a problem you've had on the line.  Start thinking come-ups.

Get signed on and contact Pappy for further info.  See you there!

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

AFTERMATH

I'm not too sure about that 'warm clothing' afterall; this will feel like Miami to us Minnesotans by then. >:D
Last year was real nice!  Right, Chris?

@)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

So, uh...  This thread's pretty dead....

Who's going?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Pappy

Hello ALL; We are not banging the drum real loud this year as we have in the past.... We have our reasons....

We, The Good folks from TEAM ILLINOIS were waiting to see what kind of event our neighbors were going to have. And we got  :( :( :( :( :( :( :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'( &) &) &) &) &) &) :sos: :sos: :-[ :-[ :o :o :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :wall: :wb: ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)

But if your interested in a ILLINOIS AND REGIONAL INSTRUCTOR BOOT CAMP WITH LONG DISTANCE SHOOTING LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER HAD BEFORE>>> SIGN UP for the best in the midwest, Ottawa Illinois IBC... Pappy

Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Castle Mountain

We are coming!!! Patriot Gal is bringing a great quantity of her home made soup. I called Gumballhead and he is coming. I PM's Aftermath
and he is coming. Called OutofAmmo and his is coming. Lots going on. Been quiet because we have been busy working Appleseed like crazy. SO much going on.
We got Illinois registered for the BIG Deer and Turkey CLassic hosted at the Peoria Convention Center. Fred ok'd the money
and we are in . New posters being made up and laminated for the best promo presentations yet. Got Wisconsin set up with their registration
for the Wisconsin Deer and Turkey CLassic which follows ours a week later. Got the info off to Ohio and Michigan with Gopher Boy quarterbacking
that sleepy state into action. Gun shows Feb 5 & 6 East Peoria, Bloomington IL at the end of Feb. March 5 & 6, Fred Ok'd funding for a booth in Elmwood IL
which has a draw of over 5000 people and a mom and pop crowd from rural Illinios with speaking engagement opportunities to get the message out.
Made new business contacts with some good LEO'S in California who will become Appleseed friendly vendors  BATTLECOMP.COM
Got Rogers Rangers to participate with us  in period dress to amplify the heritage aspect. Posters, banners, billboards all coming. Wisconsin is rocking
right now with the prospect of what their Deer Classic will mean for their program with both illinois and Wisconsin events expected to draw close to 40,000 people each.
Ten foot booths allocated for us and located amongst the POPE and YOUNG and BOON AND CROCKET Deer trophy booth crowds.   People from over 25 states come
to Illinois for this event.  Come on   40,0000 people. Are you kidding?? This is a big time event.

Been working with Spitstickler and we have finished promos material I am getting produced. Built a template for the Appleseed shoot schedual also.

I need three five man teams to work the Deer and Turkey Classic and Wisconsin is sending a crew down to participate also. Long hours and long days but boy is it going to be worth it! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 ..:..

Busy building a ten foot table display with full skirt also.  Elmwood DEER and Sports Show March 5th & 6th is most important as the outdoor sports editor from the Peoria Journal Star will be there
and we stand have opportunity to invite him and his two sons. Should provide good press. This event is being held in the high school and is a large rural event for that region.
30 06 will need to get that new rifle range activated because this one should help fill it.

Where is Jungle George??? YOu better be coming also dude. and bring that  custom made Missouri tomahawk for show and tell again will ya? And bring your  fellow
Missouri squirrles with you oi? Or are they armadillos? ^:)^ I mean fellow instructors. :cool2:

Get on the telephone guys and make sure every one is coming!!!! ok??

We have a country to save. O0  COmmon everybody get your butts out to this IBC....ok? O0 O0 O0 O0 Either we are committed to excellence
in personal development to employ our history to reach the nation or not? This is the place to hone our skills and a chance to rub Coly Cat fur backwards **) **)

Call all of this drum banging if you like, I too have my reasons!  The last thing 'The Guy' would want is for people doing a number 9 power pout! >:( :( :(
We are either a part of the solution or we are a part of some problem. We don't need  to be average we need to be exceptional in what we do in Appleseed.  O0  Yes or no?
THerefore, we shall see you at the IBC....... YES?? O0   The theme this year is experience the REBIRTH OF MARKSMANSHIP & AMERICAN HERITAGE! If people are to experience
a rebirth of heritage our skill set better be optimum. Yes?  O0     Therefore this is the place to get it. O0   Yes?

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: AFTERMATH on January 11, 2011, 08:41:29 PM
So, uh...  This thread's pretty dead....

Who's going?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

AFTERMATH

Come on Minnesota!  We've got to have at least one representative down there!
Last year; I left MN at 15 deg. and got to IL at about 40 F.  Think about it.  O0

AFTERMATH

Well, I guess all of Minnesota's hopes lie in Taylor!
Godspeed!

Aftermath

Cooper

Huzzah, Taylor!!

I'm stuck in the blessed hospital, otherwise I'd be with you!

Soak up knowledge and bring it back to Minnesconsin!

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Gopher Boy

We here in Illinois have met Taylor and decided...

We like him... We're keeping him.   &)

More reports from the IBC as I can.

G.B.

SkyHawk

Wish I too could make it.  Stuck here in China where I saw a news report how being caught owning a gun is a capital offense and may be punishable by death.  Really hits home what we have and why it's worth saving!  Knowing the IBC will be a big success filled with great people gives me solace, just wish I were there instead of here!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

Castle Mountain

Very sorry you could not be here also Cooper. We understand job obligations.
You would be definitely enjoying yourself. Coly Cat and cohort 'D-Fly' doing a solid job. O0 O0 O0
Nice mix of red hats and orange hats shaking the rust off and firming up
for the coming year. Refreshing. Nice facility, thanks to Pappy and Jerrett.
Lots of room.
Food is delicious too. ;) Nice to have everyone together again. Wish Missouri Brigade,
Ashes and Revelli, ME, Cookie, Karl & Viper and DOM of the illinois crew were also with us.
Those of you who are sick, hope you are feeling better.  Hope to see you on the trail
soon Cooper.  Yeah, Patriot Gal and I both agree, Taylor is a keeper.
Disappointed Aftermath didn't come ~~:) ;)

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: Cooper on January 14, 2011, 10:18:33 PM
Huzzah, Taylor!!

I'm stuck in the blessed hospital, otherwise I'd be with you!

Soak up knowledge and bring it back to Minnesconsin!

Coop
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

colycat

Day one was work, work, work.  Plenty of RH's to help all the IIT's get very important practice on SHF's, IMC and the rest.  We had some good discussions about the how's and what's of running an AS.

The facility's are the bomb.  Nice furniture and plenty of room for break out groups.  Thanks to the lodge members for making this available to us.

And of coarse there is the food.  Three full time cooks, who although, all are really riflemen, spent all day getting food prepared and presented for the breaks.  Thanks to Mrs and Mr Pappy and G69.  You guys rule :---

Tomorrow we will finish up with off hand demo's and move into the important stuff,  the telling of the history, benediction and the very popular, mock appleseed.  Hmmm,  who will be the SB? ^-^
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Cooper

SIGH

I'm so envious...
But I guess somebody's got to save lives while others get to learn more about saving the Nation.  ;D

At least I got to 7th step a medicine resident (postgraduate trainee) yesterday and a handful of drug reps the day before [all very receptive].  O0

I'm working to fill the March La Crosse AS with coworkers so they can cheer me on through my IPC!!   >:D   Now I just need someone to sign up as SB and try my mettle  &) &) &)

See y'all on Trail sometime soon, I hope!

Cooper

"Just bailing in imaginative ways.."
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Gopher Boy on January 15, 2011, 01:29:43 AM
We here in Illinois have met Taylor and decided...

We like him... We're keeping him.   &)

More reports from the IBC as I can.

G.B.

Now, now.....  Just wait a minute! 
You guys had your chance.  But you let him slip north into Wisconsin; to be right fully captured by Minnesota!
**) **) **)

And to the rest of you; just a rubbin' it in.... ::)
You should be ashamed! >:D

After all, I was planning on flying down there this morning; however that young lady who assured me that it was indeed the winning Powerball, proved to be yanking my chain.  As when I checked the numbers, well........ :'( :'( :'(

I guess I'll just have to wait untill Baraboo!

Good job!

Aftermath