News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Add a new IIT to the list of Massachusetts instructors!

Started by AmericaStandsStrong, November 07, 2010, 08:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericaStandsStrong

Hey guys proud to say that I got my riflemans patch today(Nov. 7th).  :D  ;D  :bow:

Finished it off with a 212 and I'm now an IIT. I am 14, have you guys seen any other younger instructors?

This was my 3rd Appleseed and I can't wait to start passing on the trait of properly firing a rifle to another group of people.

-Blake

The Log

Welcome aboard!! Not sure what part of MA you call home, but feel free to drop over the border sometime for a good time with the CT crew.

As for being the youngest, you may just be, but even if you are, it might not be for long - my 13 year-old daughter is looking for my old orange hat. If she can shoot Rifleman next time, she'll step up. Big "if", though - got to get her to dry fire more.

Youngest or just young, it matters not. We're just glad that not all of you 'young-uns' are asleep. You should feel proud of yourself, and a big "thank you" goes to your folks for raising you right. Now get out there and rattle some cages! Get your friends away from their X-Box or iPad or whatever and GET THEM ON THE LINE!!!! You young folks are the future of the program, and you all need to be ambassadors to show your peers what can be done, and what needs to be done, and what we stand to lose if they fall asleep. Drag 'em in!!
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

B9

Quote from: AmericaStandsStrong on November 07, 2010, 08:31:40 PM
I am 14, have you guys seen any other younger instructors?

IIT fastfrank777 from NY is 13. But like The Log said it is not the age that matters but the wisdom. I watched fastfrank777 instruct people two, three or more times his age and they listened. I saw him jump up to tell some Dangerous Old Man stories not because he had to. Because he wanted to. Because he was honored to do so.

Great job getting your score and spreading the news of our mission.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

fprintf

Hey guys proud to say that I got my riflemans patch today(Nov. 7th).  :D  ;D  :bow:

Finished it off with a 212 and I'm now an IIT. I am 14, have you guys seen any other younger instructors?

This was my 3rd Appleseed and I can't wait to start passing on the trait of properly firing a rifle to another group of people.

-Blake

Holy smokes Blake, congratulations!  I was at your first event in Leyden in May and to say your shooting has improved would be an understatement!  From shotgun patterning to 212 (my Rifleman score) in just a few short months is a real accomplishment young man. Awesome!  It'll be one of those things "I knew him when..." - when we did Ball and Dummy together.  ~~:)

Congratulations again!
Stuart (currently IIT3)
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

dwarven1

-Blake

Ya know, Blake... there's Abby Oakley at the other end of the state on the South Shore - she's 14, also, and, like it says on her rifle, she shoots like a girl.  ;D A girl who happens to also be a Rifleman, that is.  ;) If I'm not mistaken, she'll be instructing at the Harvard shoot next month, Dec 11 & 12.

And congratulations on a job well done. As fprintf says, you really put the work into it, and it showed in your groups. Well done.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Evenstar

Welcome, Blake!

While the youngest IIT I know is 12, like others have said, maturity is the key.

If you want to visit this link, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11133.0, you can read stories from other juniors out there, as well as add your own. O0

~Evenstar
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

lupis42

Congrats Blake!

You were awesome this weekend, and I was very proud to hand you that hat.  Wear it well!
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

Altarboy

great job! like the others said you can be 13, 14, 64, 100 it doesn't matter, what matters is wisdom, but anyway great job looking forward to meeting you!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."         -U.S Constitution  2nd amendment

AmericaStandsStrong

Quote from: fastfrank777 on November 11, 2010, 06:04:13 PM
great job! like the others said you can be 13, 14, 64, 100 it doesn't matter, what matters is wisdom, but anyway great job looking forward to meeting you!

Thanks Frank, I am working the Nov. 28th Appleseed shoot.