News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gun Shows for the last part of 2010

Started by Jules, November 05, 2010, 06:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Coming up we have several gun shows returning to Cen Cal and Nor Cal. If you've never done a gun show it's the easiest gig in Appleseed and the most fun. There are pluses like getting in before the general public to be the first to snag that great deal.

Look through them a pull out and claim the ones you can do and let me know, well get you set up.
BD

Nov 13-14 San Francisco Map Cow Palace Crossroads of the West 801-544-9125

Nov 20-21 Antioch, Contra Costa County Fairgrounds, 1201 West 10th Street www.codeofthewestgunshows.com, P.O. Box 5332, El Dorado Hills, CA.  95762, 530-676-8762

Dec 4-5 Vallejo, Solano County Fairgrounds, 900 Fairgrounds Drive, Tbls $75 Aisle, $80 Sat 9-5, Sun 9-4  www.codeofthewestgunshows.com, P.O. Box 5332, El Dorado Hills, CA.  95762, 530-676-8762 

Dec 18-19 Roseville, Placer County Fairgrounds 800 All America City Blvd. www.codeofthewestgunshows.com, P.O. Box 5332, El Dorado Hills, CA.  95762, 530-676-8762
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

BP

I think there's one in Fresno Dec. 4-5. Is anyone around the Fresno area to do shows here? I can help, but I'm not experienced enough to do anything myself.

Antibubba

As of now I'll be able to work Roseville.  I may have an internship at that point, so I'll keep you posted.
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

Jules

Quote from: BP on November 05, 2010, 09:43:35 PM
I think there's one in Fresno Dec. 4-5. Is anyone around the Fresno area to do shows here? I can help, but I'm not experienced enough to do anything myself.

BP: Contact Romeo's Hero She and Double D are in Fresno.

Jules

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Antibubba

I'm still waiting on a confirmation from Code of the West, but I've never had problems getting a table before, so I'm not worried. 

Roseville, the fairgrounds, December 17 & !8.  Who is going to give me a hand next weekend?  We have new IITs, right?  A gun show is a great way to tell hundreds of people about Appleseed, and is great practice for the Three Strikes.

BD, Jules, my banner is still in Reno. 
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

Antibubba

AGSR:   ;)

Incredibly, the Roseville Gun show sold out before I could get an AS table, which has never happened to me before. It was a holiday bonanza.  Nonetheless, I went on Saturday with a bag of tri-folds and stood at the end of one aisle.  Having a table is much better, I assure you, but I was able to collar quite a few people, especially the families, of which there were fewer.  I got in a good 5 hours until my feet gave out.

Jules

Quote from: Antibubba on December 20, 2010, 02:59:51 AM
AGSR:   ;)

Incredibly, the Roseville Gun show sold out before I could get an AS table, which has never happened to me before. It was a holiday bonanza.  Nonetheless, I went on Saturday with a bag of tri-folds and stood at the end of one aisle.  Having a table is much better, I assure you, but I was able to collar quite a few people, especially the families, of which there were fewer.  I got in a good 5 hours until my feet gave out.

Antibubba,

Thank you so much for your service to Appleseed. We appreciate the time you took out of your schedule to do this. In Turlock, or ........... Fresno, we had no table available either. We stood outside for awhile and passed out info, and then went inside. Not the greatest, but it allowed me to look for women to talk to, that ordinarily wouldn't come by the table. There are some shows like that. The women are only there "with their men", and not a bit interested in shooting. How horrible. I try to change their mind, and typically the "man" is delighted.

Thank you again,

Jules

- Eleanor Roosevelt