News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Advanced Instructor Boot Camp (AIBC), March 26-27, 2011

Started by The Machine, October 18, 2010, 01:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Machine

As many of you already know, Fred will be coming to WV on March 26-27, 2011 to run this AIBC. I will be getting it on the 2011 IBC schedule soon. We welcome any instructor from the surrounding region to attend this special opportunity. Get "tuned-up" by Fred himself, just before the big 2011 Patriots Day weekend!  :)

Only those who are currently--or will attain--an IIT3 status or above by the above date will qualify to attend. The cost of registration will fit any budget...it's FREE!  O0

Several lodging options will be available, so check the registration info page when it becomes available. Many of us will be utilizing some chalets which can accomodate 4-6 people, have kitchens, and are very affordable. Flatwoods is located in the geographic center of WV and is easily accessible from many locations via interstate highways. The AIBC, lodging, food, and other amenities are directly off of I-79, Flatwoods exit.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, or add a post to this thread.

See registration link below for revised location/lodging details.
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

siglite

--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

Chrome

Montani Semper Liberi

MacMcM

" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

vanrichten

An armed and informed law-abiding citizenry is the best defense against an unjust government and the criminal element created by irresponsible societal benevolence and activist judges. - Lt. Col. Allen West

Mountaineer

In Liberty,
--- Mountaineer

"History has shown us that government leaders often ignore the fundamental fact that people demand both dignity and freedom. Stripping motivated people of their dignity and rubbing their noses in it is a very bad idea."

Cheeks

The Machine

OK, thanks Cheeks! I am still trying to finalize some details on the lodging rates and accommodations before listing this on the schedule for registration. Hopefully, I can get this done by the weekend. This weather has put a damper on many things.  :P

It appears we will have good attendance from the feedback I've received, on and off forum, so far. I encourage anyone else who might be interested to make a post here too.

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

sashok.privetov

There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

Cheeks

Would you mind posting back here when it's up on the registration page? Thanks.

The Machine

Quote from: Cheeks on December 15, 2010, 10:39:51 PM
Would you mind posting back here when it's up on the registration page? Thanks.
That was the original plan...no problem.  :)

BeSwift

I'm 90% sure of attendance (assuming there isn't a surprise last minute appearance in the Jan KD Buckingham VA shoot).Will firm up when the link goes hot...  BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

brickhouse

bump

Hey what is going on with this? Has it been canceled for lack of interest?  >:D 

Seriously though, I'd like to know. BeSwift is running a shoot at a new Maryland location that I was interested in, and it is scheduled for that same weekend.

b-
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

siglite

Quote from: brickhouse on February 19, 2011, 05:43:31 PM
bump

Hey what is going on with this? Has it been canceled for lack of interest?  >:D 

Seriously though, I'd like to know. BeSwift is running a shoot at a new Maryland location that I was interested in, and it is scheduled for that same weekend.

b-

I still have it in my calendar as a go.  I believe Fred still has it in his.  Has anyone talked to The Machine lately?  Do we have any clue as to the status of our reservations in Ripley or wherever we were doing this?
--

Keith Morgan

The Machine

Folks, The Machine has been broke-down for the past month. There's an entire lengthy back-story which goes with the original location for this AIBC, but the latest news--as in today--is that this particular location will NOT be available. The alternative location plan will be too costly for most, so I'm not considering it either. Sorry...

It appears some outside help is in order; if all of you still want to make this happen. I'm open to suggestions.

siglite

Quote from: The Machine on February 22, 2011, 10:31:05 PM
Folks, The Machine has been broke-down for the past month. There's an entire lengthy back-story which goes with the original location for this AIBC, but the latest news--as in today--is that this particular location will NOT be available. The alternative location plan will be too costly for most, so I'm not considering it either. Sorry...

It appears some outside help is in order; if all of you still want to make this happen. I'm open to suggestions.

Many of us have been discussing your absence.  As in, "Where is The Machine?  I hope everything's ok!"  I'm glad to see you emerge from hibernation!  Give me a call sometime this week.  We have some things to discuss.  This AIBC might as well be one of them.
--

Keith Morgan

The Machine

QuoteMany of us have been discussing your absence.  As in, "Where is The Machine?  I hope everything's ok!"  I'm glad to see you emerge from hibernation!
I'm still in hibernation, but my phone and email still work  @@) . Did anyone doing the "discussing" consider using those methods of contact?  >:D

I was planning on calling you tomorrow evening after checking on some other possibilities for this AIBC. Until then... :wb:

Cooper

Quote from: The Machine on February 22, 2011, 10:31:05 PM
the latest news--as in today--is that this particular location will NOT be available. The alternative location plan will be too costly for most, so I'm not considering it either. Sorry...

"Scholarship" funding can be made available, either to subsidize an alternate location or else to help individual attendees.  I cannot stress enough the importance to individuals and to the success of Project Appleseed that everyone possible attend an AIBC.  See: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20535.0

Machine: PM me and let's Adapt, Improvise and Overcome.

Cooper

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

siglite

Quote from: The Machine on February 22, 2011, 11:04:02 PM
QuoteMany of us have been discussing your absence.  As in, "Where is The Machine?  I hope everything's ok!"  I'm glad to see you emerge from hibernation!
I'm still in hibernation, but my phone and email still work  @@) . Did anyone doing the "discussing" consider using those methods of contact?  >:D

I was planning on calling you tomorrow evening after checking on some other possibilities for this AIBC. Until then... :wb:

Tomorrow evening works for me.  Talk to you then.
--

Keith Morgan

Chrome

This isn't getting canceled.  I'll sleep in my Jeep if I have to (someone else can if they'd like), I'm meeting Fred and this is the day I'm doing it.  I don't care if we meet at the freaking Waffle House in Flatwoods, this is happening.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

The Machine

Quote from: Chrome on February 23, 2011, 12:18:37 AM
This isn't getting canceled.  I'll sleep in my Jeep if I have to (someone else can if they'd like), I'm meeting Fred and this is the day I'm doing it.  I don't care if we meet at the freaking Waffle House in Flatwoods, this is happening.

Later,
Chrome...
Let me EMPHASIZE something...THIS AIBC on THIS particular weekend is NOT being canceled! There was a problem with the initial location for the classroom, but like everything else we've done with AS in WV, we will adapt and overcome. I didn't want to get an EIP listed for this event with inaccurate information. That is why no one can officially sign-up yet.

Mark it on your calender; schedule time off from work or other activities; plan to head down to WV on the weekend of March 26-27. It will be somewhere in the Flatwoods, WV area. When the registration link gets put up, then use it. PM me if there are additional questions/concerns.

Cooper

Quote from: Chrome on February 23, 2011, 12:18:37 AM
This isn't getting canceled.  I'll sleep in my Jeep if I have to (someone else can if they'd like), I'm meeting Fred and this is the day I'm doing it.  I don't care if we meet at the freaking Waffle House in Flatwoods, this is happening.

Chrome!!  You're The Man!  Don't let the infiltrators sway you!

PM The Machine.

This is happening.
And it doesn't require the Waffle House (unless they have AWESOME accommodations).

In honor of Spanner and his "overly" intense commitment to the success of an egalitarian Project Appleseed, this ESSENTIAL meeting of The Patriots and the Author of the Movement will not be held back due to something as fleeting as finances.  It will be MADE TO HAPPEN.

BE THERE!
Nothing less than the survival of our Nation is in the balance.

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

brickhouse

The hubby and I have talked it over and we wish to offer the use of our house for the AIBC. Our living room is big enough to hold a couple dozen (it'll be cozy, but we like each other right). And if the weather permits we can move out to the porch. People can stay over here or get a room in town. Morgantown is a college town so that should be no problem.

A rifleman persists.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

B9

Quote from: brickhouse on February 23, 2011, 06:17:12 AM
The hubby and I have talked it over and we wish to offer the use of our house for the AIBC. Our living room is big enough to hold a couple dozen (it'll be cozy, but we like each other right). And if the weather permits we can move out to the porch. People can stay over here or get a room in town. Morgantown is a college town so that should be no problem.

A rifleman persists.

Now, there's a great idea and generous offer!  O0 :bow:

You all might even get a couple repeat AIBC attendees from the NY/PA area for this one.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

The Machine

Quote from: brickhouse on February 23, 2011, 06:17:12 AM

A rifleman persists.
The "offer" you mentioned brickhouse is appreciated and noted. There have been other offers from some volunteers in WV to host this at their home. A location in central WV was chosen from the start, since it is equidistant for most who will be attending. That original plan still stands and an announcement of the location will be made tonight, or early tomorrow.

QuoteYou all might even get a couple repeat AIBC attendees from the NY/PA area for this one.
And I'm sure these "repeat AIBC attendees" would be coming for the primary purpose of the AIBC...improving the effectiveness of our mission, as in, "saving the sinking ship USS America".  :cool2:

BeSwift

Got a shoot in MD at a new location on that weekend, so I'll have to fit in another one later this year :-\  The show must go on...  BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

The Machine

Registration link and info can be found here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20902.msg163643;boardseen#new

A special Thank You to Cooper for helping us out of the ditch on this one!  :bow:  O0

It appears almost all WV Instructors will be in attendance. We hope many of our fellow instructors in the surrounding region will join us for a weekend of intensive learning, problem solving, and camaraderie.

siglite

--

Keith Morgan

MacMcM

" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

Chrome

Montani Semper Liberi