News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Halp! (Update page 2)

Started by siglite, October 17, 2010, 09:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patent guy

Dear Siglite,

BeSwift and I are joining you Saturday. 

I'm working my way up, so should I prepare an IIT2PC for you (or demonstrate/recite the material)?

I'm asking now because it appears that we'll have alot to do Saturday, and I'm guessing you'll want to manage the time to maximize the benefit to the Students.

Thanks
Andy
(Patent guy)
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

siglite

Quote from: Patent guy on November 14, 2010, 12:02:35 PM
Dear Siglite,

BeSwift and I are joining you Saturday. 

I'm working my way up, so should I prepare an IIT2PC for you (or demonstrate/recite the material)?

I'm asking now because it appears that we'll have alot to do Saturday, and I'm guessing you'll want to manage the time to maximize the benefit to the Students.

Thanks
Andy
(Patent guy)

For PC stuff, you'll need to remind me that you need to demonstrate things.  I expect this shoot to move like a whirlwind.  My focus is going to be nearly 100% on the safety of the line, due to the volume of youngsters.  If, for some reason, (and this goes for any IIT at this shoot turning in a PC) we fail to get in the needed demonstrations during the shoot, I'll be around and we can have you demo for the other instructors afterward.

--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

MacMcM

Quote from: BeSwift on November 14, 2010, 12:20:03 AM
As we get closer, an expected weather update prior would be a good thing..especially in the transition season  (70 and nice? or 20 deg with snow and wind? )   .... Thx   BeSwift
WX forecast for Nov 20:
As of today, the models look really good! Sunny on Saturday with a few clouds Sunday. Upper 50s/low 60s.
Update later in the week also....
MacMcM

" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

MacMcM

Good look at the WX forecast now for Saturday.... 40°F low, 60°F high, 10-20% POP.
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

Chrome

Keith, are we good to go?  Any final tallies on rifle loaners etc?

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

siglite

I want to thank every single instructor that came to this shoot.  Many of you travelled, some of you quite a ways.  I'll talk about this more in the AARs, but each of you contributed significantly.  I can't tell you how glad I am that so many answered the call.  You guys got in your cars, drove for hours, brought piles of rifles, and because of your efforts, we had a great, and most importantly, safe shoot. 

I want my opinion on this to be crystal clear.  The instructor-to-student ratio made this shoot possible.  I think if we'd been short even one or two of you, we would have had significant safety issues. 

And in case you're wondering if it was worth it, you should be aware of this.  A couple of those home-school parents are in my facebook friends list.  When I arrived home and hopped on facebook, a significant thread was running in one of their statuses about this shoot.  They were absolutely RAVING about Appleseed. 

Thank you.  All of you.  You reached some Americans today.
--

Keith Morgan

savagerabbit

Sooo uh....

When are we doing this again?  ^-^

Seriously... I've had a few requests.
"What a triumph for our enemies..... to find that we are incapable of governing ourselves."  George Washington

siglite

Quote from: savagerabbit on January 13, 2011, 04:09:33 PM
Sooo uh....

When are we doing this again?  ^-^

Seriously... I've had a few requests.

Well, not to speak for Mac here, but one of the major purposes of his building the Liberty Range at PCGC, was to allow AS some flexibility on event scheduling there.  Soooo, I think we could take shameless advantage of that, and schedule one darn near any time we like.  So, I'm thinking I might just have to bounce that question back in your direction.   >:D  When are we doing this again?  :D

I think, as long as we have 60 days notice or so, we can have a nice solid instructor corps on hand to run the shoot. :)
--

Keith Morgan

savagerabbit

I'm open to whenever.  It should be warm tho... they aren't the hardiest bunch. LOL  I know April is going to be a very busy month with the big shoot.  I'm not opposed to March (if you want to get people excited about the April and May events) but we still have the probability of funky weather. 
Tell me when's good and I'll do everything I can to help make it happen.

OH... and speaking of helping make it happen.  I stopped in a new gun store here close today.  It's called Herd Tactical and I talked to him about Appleseed.  He's familiar with it and wants literature for his counter!   Then he talked me into S&W AR .22.  LOL (:
"What a triumph for our enemies..... to find that we are incapable of governing ourselves."  George Washington

MacMcM

Then he talked me into S&W AR .22.  LOL (:

Remember you will be shooting prone most of the time, so get the 10 round mags, and a sling attachment for front...

Mac

siglite

Quote from: savagerabbit on January 14, 2011, 01:38:15 PM
I'm open to whenever.  It should be warm tho... they aren't the hardiest bunch. LOL  I know April is going to be a very busy month with the big shoot.  I'm not opposed to March (if you want to get people excited about the April and May events) but we still have the probability of funky weather. 
Tell me when's good and I'll do everything I can to help make it happen.

OH... and speaking of helping make it happen.  I stopped in a new gun store here close today.  It's called Herd Tactical and I talked to him about Appleseed.  He's familiar with it and wants literature for his counter!   Then he talked me into S&W AR .22.  LOL (:

The owner has appeared in WVCDL land, too.  We'll get him some literature. 
--

Keith Morgan

savagerabbit

Quote from: MacMcM on January 14, 2011, 01:51:14 PM

Remember you will be shooting prone most of the time, so get the 10 round mags, and a sling attachment for front...

Mac
Very good point.  I didn't buy it... yet. (:  I may put it on time next month.

MacMcM

Get me a date before Thursday the 20th and I will get it on the PCGC calendar. Or any 3rd Thursday club meeting.