News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annual Hunter's Expo @ Mission Covenant Church

Started by three, October 08, 2010, 09:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

three

As Aftermath mentioned in the Kids Mini-Seed post, my church is hosting their annual Hunter's Expo on October 23.  Appleseed (by that I mean me and friends!) will have a booth and be holding a seminar on riflemanship.  This event sees between one and two thousand people every year come through to learn about all things hunting and outdoors.  Pastor Steve, the youth pastor, is organizing the event and has asked us to come in to teach what we can in an hour seminar.  My plan so far is to run them through the 3 main shooting positions, the 6 steps to firing a shot, proper sling useage as a shooting aid, and how this applies to the deer stand, the blind, etc...  At the booth I want to have a power point presentation running on my laptop, and another laptop set up on the website to sign people up (our next shoot is the following weekend).  I'd love to have plenty of instructors/support staff to really bring the helping attitude of an Appleseed weekend to the Expo.  Any help, thoughts on the booth, on the seminar, or anything would be great! ;D  Also, I don't want this to be the Dave Show.  I would much prefer help with the seminar than have to do it myself!   :sos: 
Collosians 3:23 "Whatever you do, do it with all your heart.  Do it for the Lord, and not for man."

sparks1

Three...Do you have a time and place for this ??? One post says Brule and no mention in the other post. Is the AS at Brule and the sportsman show somewhere else?

Guess I am not understanding...could be me being thick headed.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

three

Sorry, I didn't clarify that.   :P  The Hunters Expo is in Poplar, WI, at Mission Covenant Church on Saturday, Oct. 23rd, 11-5pm.  The Mini-Seed will potentially be held the next day, Sunday the 24th, approximately 1-7pm.  The Mini-seed is just a possiblity right now, the Expo IS happening. :---
Collosians 3:23 "Whatever you do, do it with all your heart.  Do it for the Lord, and not for man."

TheDud

As I said at Duluth - I am in for this  O0

I will be helping butcher some sheep that morning  ???  but I promise to change before I show up  ..:..

three

Thanks, Dud!   :D  Any chance on your (much) better half helping, too?   ;)  Even if only for part of it, I really want/need a woman at the table, too.  HUGE female population visiting that day on average!  I really hope she can.
The doors open at 11 am, goes til 5.  Even if you're late, you are definitely welcome!
thanks,
three

sparks1

Just how many people do you have coming to help ? Can you use one more? I could make it up for the expo.

Just PM me with what you have in mind for me to help with, should you decide to accept this mission. As always PM's will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

BTW ...I have 200 CMP catalogs, if you would like to have some for the table. Got them for gunshow promotions.

(John Maxwell)

three

Hello, everyone!  Tomorrow is the day!   ^:)^
Here are the destructions:
Assuming everyone is coming from the Duluth, MN, area take the Bong Bridge (Hwy 2) across into WI.  Turn left at the light onto Belknap Street.  Follow Belknap through town to the T intersection at hwy 53/2.  Take a right (East) and continue on through Superior.  Remain on hwy 53/2 as it heads out of town about ten miles.  At the Y-split, follow hwy 2 towards Poplar/Ashland.  Poplar is 5 miles.  Go through Poplar to hwy P, about 1/2 mile east of Poplar.  Turn right (south) on hwy P, and you'll see the church on the right about 1/8 mile further.  It is a large, grey-sided building that looks kinda like it has no business being outside of that small of a town!   ;D  Enter the second driveway into the parking lot and find parking, preferably on the south side of the church and enter the main south entrance.
    Don't be confused!  Yes, it's a gymnasium, you're not in the wrong place.   ++)  Welcome to the Multi-Ministry Center, or MMC.  I don't know where in the MMC the Appleseed booth will be located, but it's not so big that it won't take but a minute to find me.  I will be there at 9 am to start setting up.  The Expo doesn't start til 11, so hopefully we'll have time to go over the COI for the day before the doors open.  If you can't make it before 11, don't worry about it.  Come anyway.  I'll just deduct the lost time from your paycheck.  LOL  Everyone is welcome to come!  If you're not coming to help with the AS booth, come anyways!  The Expo is free, and they're serving food and drink all day.  There are door prizes worth quite a bit (last year we gave away 2 or 3 Mathews Solo-Cam compound bows!!).  Many good seminars will be going on all day, too.  The joy of having extra people at the AS booth means even we will have a chance to attend some of the seminars if we want.
Those of us working the booth and seminar I would prefer we treat it as though we're on the line instructing.  AS t's or shirts, instructor hats.  I'll be wearing my shooting jacket, as well, and encourage y'all to so we make a good united show.
Thanks, everyone!
three

p.s.:  www.missioncovenantchurch.org  the site has a directions tab which can get you the map and whatnot through mapquest.

sparks1

Do you have a preferred time for us to show up ?

(John Maxwell)

three

I will be there about 9 am.  If everyone can be there by 10:30 we can have a meeting before the doors open at 11 and go over the COF for the day.  But get there when you can, I'm glad for the help!

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

In my opinion, Dave did a great job tying in what we teach with hunting situations. All around a good presentation. Also the mission of AS was presented with aplomb.

Way to go Dave.

The booth had quite a few people stopping...of course the eye candy was stopping a few. The 10/22's and the AR with a Mosin Nagant held 'em long enough to get a few questions answered. I think Taylor did a bang up job engaging passer-bys with Appleseed info. ( Better than me) I think one has to be proactive in these situations...engage and not let them pass by. Gunshows also.

(John Maxwell)

three

I will try to post an AAR tonight or tomorrow.  School work has kept me slammin since Saturday (all the work I put off to get the presentation ready!  LOL)   ++)  Thanks everyone who helped, and Aftermath gets 20 lashes with a wet noodle for flakin' on us.   :D   ~~:)
three
:---